What If?

LegendsCollector07

if they want to make money i think marvel heroes figures are the way to go if they are sold worldwide instead of exclusives.

by the way i went to a local store and they had the pitt wave of legendary comic book heroes it was my brother who found them could some one tell me how much they are worth and were i can find out a bit about them i dont know who they are?????

he only got three as he didnt have enough money on him at the time if it was me i wouldnt have got them becaise i dont know who they are, but they are £2.50 each wich is bout $5 each.

should i get the pitt baf but can someone tell me who they are???

are they all heroes even the baf?

can someone tell me the powers or background of the characters?

if they want to make money i think marvel heroes figures are the way to go if they are sold worldwide instead of exclusives.

by the way i went to a local store and they had the pitt wave of legendary comic book heroes it was my brother who found them could some one tell me how much they are worth and were i can find out a bit about them i dont know who they are?????

he only got three as he didnt have enough money on him at the time if it was me i wouldnt have got them becaise i dont know who they are, but they are £2.50 each wich is bout $5 each.

i would get the pit! thats a cool BaF!

The answer is NO.

Hasbro owns the license for Marvel comics action figures. ALL Marvel comics action figures, with the only exception that I know of being for Marvel Select (which is in-house by Marvel anyway). There is no separate "6-inch Marvel action figure" license, it's all rolled into one enchilada.

The only way a different company will make 6" Marvel Legends figures is if Hasbro loses the license altogether, and they've likely got it for at least another three years (most licensing agreements are for 5 years to start), and will probably carry it well beyond that. The 6" Marvel Legends line is only one piece (and at this point a small piece) of Hasbro's Marvel merchandise assortment. As long as Hasbro's making money overall with the Marvel products, Marvel themselves will be happy, regardless of the size of the figures on shelf.

Yeah, unfortunately, Hasbro has the license. Toybiz can't "take it back". Marvel can't "give it back" to Toybiz. Nor can they sell the 6" rights to another company. They signed a contract with Hasbro and Hasbro is your only choice for Marvel toys. So you have two choices. Buy the Marvel toys Hasbro makes or NOT buy the toys Hasbro makes. Hasbro doesn't care one way or the other, as long as they get Wal-Mart and Target to buy their toys. Basically it's a personal choice for the consumer. Less buying means more money in your pocket. More buying means more toys on your shelf.

Choose wisely.

i actually picked up madman and savage dragon cause they look really cool.

as for info, i know there in the Marvel Universer somewhere somewhere.

i actually picked up madman and savage dragon cause they look really cool.

as for info, i know there in the Marvel Universer somewhere somewhere.

most of those characters are from dark horse, top cow, and image comics. just type in some names and read the bio's.

Is that when Hasbro loses the license?

I don't recall exactly when Hasbro got the license, but it's usually 5 years for an initial licensing agreement, from what I understand. There could be options for "extensions" already built-in, though, and the next time the license is bid, if Marvel is happy with what Hasbro's done (and there's no indications right now that they aren't), the license could be granted to Hasbro for a much longer time period. Much like the 20-25 year license they got for Star Wars toys.

So even if 2010 is when the license expires, I'd say it's pretty darn unlikely that it's when Hasbro "loses" it. More like when they "renew" it.

Yeah, unfortunately, Hasbro has the license. Toybiz can't "take it back". Marvel can't "give it back" to Toybiz. Nor can they sell the 6" rights to another company. They signed a contract with Hasbro and Hasbro is your only choice for Marvel toys. So you have two choices. Buy the Marvel toys Hasbro makes or NOT buy the toys Hasbro makes. Hasbro doesn't care one way or the other, as long as they get Wal-Mart and Target to buy their toys. Basically it's a personal choice for the consumer. Less buying means more money in your pocket. More buying means more toys on your shelf.

Choose wisely.

I agree with most of your post but not with the last part. Not buying means lousy sales and lousy sales makes them listen.Take the spidey 5 inch line for example,it didn't sell at all and look what happened, they were forced to stop that line.

The best way to get the message across to hasbro is with your wallet. If there new line doesn't sell they will be forced to discountinue it.

i got the whole pitt wave but its doesnt quite fit together right the pegs on the legs are a bit small wich means the legs fall off all the time plus his head and chest doest attatch to the stomach they just fall apart???

but anyway i might glue them does anyone else have this problem ? it says when you put it together it will not come apart ? well its more like balance a figure than build a figure?

anyways back to the topic, why give the marvel licance to a company that only sells their figures to two store exclusives ?????????????????

and what about the company who makes wrestling figures????? what are they called ???

The thing with letting one's wallet do the talking is that if no one buys Legends that line will end. Then let's say out of spite no one buys any other Hasbro/Marvel products; those lines will end.

Then let's say Hasbro and Marvel terminate their agreement. Sure that opens the door to a more dedicated producer, but what manufacturer in their right mind would try to license a failed product; one which did so poorly in the marketplace that it was discontinued?

Probably none, which means if you want to see ML in 2010, 2011... et al, then you have to support it now.

Ok, since this is a "What If" scenario I'm taking for granted that we are looking for answers in the hypothetical realm.

[/size]

So, hypothetically the 6 inch line fades from existence in 2010, your question is could another company pick the line up? It's already been mentioned that Marvel Select could pick the line up, since they have a deal outside of the current license agreement, which is the most likely scenario for the continuation of the 6 inch line.

Another hypothetical possibility is that the 3 ¾ inch line fails and Marvel revokes or buys out the remaining portion of the contract with Hasbro and begins to produce Marvel Legends again.

My last hypothetical scenario involves a renegotiation of the current agreement between Marvel and Hasbro that allows for Marvel Toys to produce a 6 inch Marvel legends line only (similar to the Marvel Select arrangement) while Hasbro maintains all other aspects of the current Marvel license which would allow them to continue with the marvel based Transformers, 3 ¾ inch figures, Marvel Potato Head and any thing else that they wrap their heads around.

There you have three "What If" scenarios based solely in the hypothetical realm.

In reality I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell of any of these scenarios playing out, but you put it out there, so I answered. :spidey_read_thread:

Plus, the main problem with Marvel Select is that I think they're not allowed to sell their products at mass retail (as part of the agreement that lets them keep making figures at all). Only in "specialty shops" and as occasional exclusives. So that's another aspect of things that would (hypothetically) have to be changed for MS to take over the ML line.

Personally, I don't see collectors being happy with only 3 or 4 figures a year, either. So Marvel Select ramping up their design and production capacity would be another sticking point. They don't put out nearly as many figures as DC Direct, for example.

i got the whole pitt wave but its doesnt quite fit together right the pegs on the legs are a bit small wich means the legs fall off all the time plus his head and chest doest attatch to the stomach they just fall apart???

but anyway i might glue them does anyone else have this problem ? it says when you put it together it will not come apart ? well its more like balance a figure than build a figure?

anyways back to the topic, why give the marvel licance to a company that only sells their figures to two store exclusives ?????????????????

and what about the company who makes wrestling figures????? what are they called ???

I've put about 5 Pitts together with no problems. Just gotta use your muscles to snap on the legs and snap the body and head together really hard until it clicks.

And the company that makes the wrestling figures is called Marvel Toys

6 inche will end sadly. think about it as hasbros postition.

6 inch= lot of oil, lot money, very expensive (over 9.99)

3 inch= not as much oil, more money, and affordable.

plus 3 inch fits in with whats hasbro is known for.

"Affordable" being a relative term. 3 3/4" figures will be about $7.99. So, yeah, more money...for Hasbro