new marvel legends!

spidey1967

I think Hasbro is finally getting it! Has anybody seen the new legends from the con pictures. They are awesome, I want them now. Im sure some of you can nit pick but I think most of them are great.

check them out here and let me know what you think

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_ite...6&g2_page=1

Please if you are a member and read this post give your opinion and if you are not join and give your opinion.

I don't know if Hasbro really gets it yet, but I don't think they are ready to spend more money improving their products because it will eat away at their profit.

Look at the FFF series. $15 per figure?!?! Yes, the figures are bigger and that's good, but they all still lack quality paint, they lack detail, and they still aren't as articulated as we want.

I don't think they will ever "get it". Hasbro is a profit machine. Bottom line!!!

I don't think they will ever "get it". Hasbro is a profit machine. Bottom line!!!

Guess what? So was Toy Biz. So is every toy company in the world. If they don't make a profit, THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Toy Biz just skimped on QC instead of paint apps.

It's fine to prefer Toy Biz MLs over Hasbro's. They both have their ups and downs, good figures and bad figures. But let's not try to portray Toy Biz like they were some saintly organization dedicated solely to pleasing each individual collector regardless of how much it might cost them while Hasbro is the evil megalithic corporation out to crush the hopes and dreams of innocent little collectors everywhere. The upper management of Toy Biz didn't give any more of a crap about us than the upper management of Hasbro does (or doesn't). They might've paid better lip service to it, but let's not fool ourselves. We're just walking wallets to either company. And whiny, demanding, and never-satisfied bunch of walking wallets, to boot. ('Cause lets not fool ourselves again, Toy Biz had plenty of complaints when they were making the figures, too. It was hardly the flawless golden age that some folks make it out to be now).

Guess what? So was Toy Biz. So is every toy company in the world. If they don't make a profit, THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Toy Biz just skimped on QC instead of paint apps.

It's fine to prefer Toy Biz MLs over Hasbro's. They both have their ups and downs, good figures and bad figures. But let's not try to portray Toy Biz like they were some saintly organization dedicated solely to pleasing each individual collector regardless of how much it might cost them while Hasbro is the evil megalithic corporation out to crush the hopes and dreams of innocent little collectors everywhere. The upper management of Toy Biz didn't give any more of a crap about us than the upper management of Hasbro does (or doesn't). They might've paid better lip service to it, but let's not fool ourselves. We're just walking wallets to either company. And whiny, demanding, and never-satisfied bunch of walking wallets, to boot. ('Cause lets not fool ourselves again, Toy Biz had plenty of complaints when they were making the figures, too. It was hardly the flawless golden age that some folks make it out to be now).

I guess we will agree to disagree. Toybiz ABSOLUTELY cared more about the customer than Hasbro. Also, it's a fact that Toybiz made less profit per figure than Hasbro. Look at the financial reports. Toybiz spent much more money on the figures (paint, detail, articulation, size, etc.), as well as providing a comic and some pretty decent accessories. Hasbro has been in full material cost management mode since day 1. They eliminated all of the extras, and everyone knows how the figures have gone to hell, not to mention the fact that their selling prices to retail are much higher than Toybiz ever was.

So you can go ahead and disagree with me, but I simply tell it how it is. Facts don't lie. Hasbro is not out to crush anyone's dreams, but their profit margin targets are significantly more aggressive than Toybiz's ever were, and that's why we are getting an inferior product at a higher cost.

While I agree with what jmacq1 said I want to add in defense to Hasbro, some of these figures have good paint apps and good quality. Im a collector who keeps his figures in the package hung on the wall so articulation doesn't mean much to me, not to say I don't empathize with those who display them. I just think that as much as we want to point out the faults of hasbro legends we must point out the good. Although ToyBiz had great paint apps as a whole the figures imo looked no better than hasbro. The Hulk line looks great(some need a little more wash ) but as far as looks they look great to me.

Anyone who thinks Hasbro's figures as a whole look great obviously has unbelievably low standards. Sure, there were a few winners at SDCC, maybe 4 or 5, but for the most part they look like the trash that they are. Since I heard that Hasbro may be doing away with the BAF's I've been quite happy because now I have no reason to buy any figures but the ones I actually like. You know, it's funny that Hasbro has shown their utter incompetence in marketing and toy production by killing off the Icons series of figures. At least Toy Biz had some talent, that's more than I can say about Hasbro.

Yeah, I said it, what are you gonna do about it? Call me a whiner because I actually care about the quality of my figures? At least someone on this site cares about that.

Yeah, I said it, what are you gonna do about it? Call me a whiner because I actually care about the quality of my figures? At least someone on this site cares about that.

I didn't realize "quality" equalled stuck, loose, or put-on-backwards joints, sloppy paint apps, or figures/accessories that broke straight out of the package. But hey, more power to ya.

So you can go ahead and disagree with me, but I simply tell it how it is. Facts don't lie. Hasbro is not out to crush anyone's dreams, but their profit margin targets are significantly more aggressive than Toybiz's ever were, and that's why we are getting an inferior product at a higher cost.

Well, at least you're reasonable about the "Crushing dreams" part as opposed to some folks around here. Toy Biz also was selling the Marvel Legends in a better economy with lower gas prices. Guess what happened when the oil prices started to go up? Yeah...the build a figures were suddenly half the size. I think anyone that believes that if Toy Biz (hypothetically) still had the line, we'd still be getting the same product for the same price is kidding themselves.

But I'd also note: Toy Biz is out of business. What does that tell us about the situation? If you'd rather have no Marvel Legends than pick and choose from Hasbro's offerings, that's a valid viewpoint to have. Personally, as I said, I think Hasbro has good points on their figures. Joints that hold a pose (more than one pose, even), hands that hold weapons, sturdier construction, and availability spring to mind. They're weaker on paint apps, points of articulation, and "value added" extras, which were where Toy Biz excelled. In a perfect world, they'd find a way to blend the best of each line into one, but that's not likely to happen for a few more years, at best.

So wait... Hasbro is using Toy Biz molds, with better plastic and fewer paint apps? Sounds like a date to me?! Hardly anyone has posted a busted figure straight out of the package during The Bros tenure. And I remember reading somewhere that these Two-Packs are designed with us customizers in mind?

I wouldn't say they got it right, but they have moved closer...

Look a few of us are in touch with reality as far as knowing that sure they are not perfect with certain aspects of the game but are in others. Both ARES and Jamacq1 understand that we have lost certain things with Hasbro taking over and gained others such as the actual quality of the toys themselves (remember they are toys). If little kids play with these things, and they do, then falling apart would be very important to a big company such as Hasbro for fear of some kid choking on a loose part. Im very happy to have plastic examples of my favorite heroes and villains. Like Jamacq1 said with the economy the way it is ToyBiz prices would have gone up and if they didn't they would be right where they are now, OUT OF BUSINESS.

I agree with you Darth Hehmic you are a whiner

P.S. I just got my she hulk today and she looks great on the wall :wink:

i just got taskmaster today as well as the son of hulk and i must say taskys gun and sword where bent all to hell and his joints where loose out of the package (still glad i got him though) where as soh was strudy his sword thing though cartoony and anime like was in good shape and he looked cool . whats my point you ask ? damn just lost it

i just got taskmaster today as well as the son of hulk and i must say taskys gun and sword where bent all to hell and his joints where loose out of the package (still glad i got him though) where as soh was strudy his sword thing though cartoony and anime like was in good shape and he looked cool . whats my point you ask ? damn just lost it

Let me help you if I may, the quality of material used in Hasbro was better than ToyBiz

The new 6 inch figures at the Con looked great. I can't wait to get all of them and multiples of the SHIELD agents and Skrull/Kree packs.

Hasbro really seems to be getting the 6 inch line right. If they suspend the 6 inch line in 2009 in favor of the 3 3/4 line, I am boycotting all of Hasbro products for all time. I will not buy any 3 3/4 Marvel figures in protest if Hasbro pulls 6 inch Marvel Legends.

Not a single Toy Biz figure of mine has had loose joints and none of them have broken. There goes your damn argument. Anyway, what's the point of using supposedly better materials if there's no detail and no articulation in the figures?

no one said anything about no articulation. those are what we call "statues". we said ever so slightly less, but not none.

and saying that none of the joints on any of your figures are loose is probably a lie. not getting a single loose joint on any figures is like finding a needle in a haystack: its possible, but not probable. i'll be the first to admit that hasbro's joints arent always tight: but they are put together correctly, they look right, and they are tighter than toybiz's. i have one of the old SMC figures (parachute spidey, i think), and he cant hold a pose to save his life. i got the heroes/villains wave 1 movie spidey. not only can he hold a pose, he looks good doing that.

and if you feel strongly enough about the paint, do what the rest of us do: pick up a brush, and do it yourself.

I'm cutting back on legends anyways. for the new stuff i really only plan on trying to get:

red hulk wave:

Union Jack

Ares Wave:

Crossbones

Kang

Ares (on ebay most likely)

wave 2 2-packs:

Ironman/female shield agent

hand ninja/male shield agent

maybe invisible woman/human torch if sue turns out good

Holocaust wave:

tigra, blackbolt, nova, beast

All im saying is that since the first series of Hasbro ml to the series we are expecting they have improved series after series. I for one hope they continue the line so that i can hang more figures on the wall ( I bought a condo 2 yrs ago and i don't have to paint as long as i hang figures :tongue: ). I also enjoy the hunt for them, beating the scalpers is very exciting!