i know the baf for thor series in 09

Goliath

I thought I heard Hasbro was planning to discontinue the BAF's after this year. The frost giant figure would be awesome, though.

Well, they're discontinuing the Build-a-Figures in the basic Marvel Legends line...didn't say anything about potentially using them (or not using them) in movie lines.

Conversely, they could put the Frost Giant parts together and just sell them as a separate "large size" figure in the line.

good point

To be fair, they just said "Done for now". That could mean they want to see how dumping out 4 at a time does and then maybe do another later next year. Who knows?? We guess and hope and then see what really happens.

GEEK

HEY DID YOU NOT WATCH THE END OF THE PANEL?

Hey, Yes. What are you talking about? I was talking about the BAF and the fact that Hasbro just said "Done for now". Did you now look at the subject of the thread? I mean, you started it right?

GEEK

What Jesse said was that Marvel gave the Frost Giant BAF mold to Hasbro and said they could use it since the design is very similar to the generic Frost Giants that Thor has fought periodically. Jesse didn't say Hasbro had any plans to use it. Hasbro said they were discontinuing BAF's for now. I don't think there has ever been a BAF in a movie line.

Calm down dude.

We don't even know if there's going to be a Thor line for the movie. Yeah, there probably will be, but we also don't know what scale it'll be in, or whether or not it'll have a BAF. Just because Marvel Toys gave the mold to Hasbro doesn't mean Hasbro is definitely going to use it. It's just a possibility.

The Thor movie is still almost 2 years away (if not more), there's a looong way to go before we start hearing any news.

I don't think there has ever been a BAF in a movie line.

Actually, the Spider-Man 3 BAF, Sandman, was a movie line BAF...right?

I guess that's true. I passed on that line and apparently tried to block it from mind. I would love Hasbro to do a 6 inch Thor line for the movie, similar to the recent Hulk wave, and I would love them to include that Frost Giant as a BAF. You figure the Thor movie has to have a frost giant or two in it, right?

I for one, am not crazy about figures based on movies, so a Thor movie based line is not a must buy for me. I don't want a Thor figure based on the actor that's gonna play the role, I want a Marvel comics based Thor line that features accurate comic based figures. IMO, the Wlmart wave Thor from 06 is the best Thor figure ever. Don't really see Hasbro improving on that one, especially not with a movie based figure sculpted after an actor's likeness.

I prefer comic based lines over movie based lines any day.

I for one, am not crazy about figures based on movies, so a Thor movie based line is not a must buy for me. I don't want a Thor figure based on the actor that's gonna play the role, I want a Marvel comics based Thor line that features accurate comic based figures. IMO, the Wlmart wave Thor from 06 is the best Thor figure ever. Don't really see Hasbro improving on that one, especially not with a movie based figure sculpted after an actor's likeness.

I prefer comic based lines over movie based lines any day.

While I agree for the most part, there's still a few movie figures that would be likely that I'd have no problem picking up. My chief example here is Odin. He's rarely had a consistent look for any length of time. Every artist gives him their own little 'tweak.' He's likely to be in the movie, and regardless of how he looks in it, if we get a 6" movie figure of him, odds are that we could find at least one comic where he had a similar look. Then there are video game figures, which often look similar enough to the comic counterparts for my tastes. I could be just fine with video-game styled figures of Enchantress and Executioner, for example.

Then there's the possibility of seeing comic costumes on movie figures, like in the Iron Man line. It'd be a hoot to see Movie Thor in classic gear, Oeming armor, Thunderstike gear... heck, even that ugly 'updated' costume from the 90's could be interesting on a figure.

I'm looking forward to seeing the toy designs for the Thor movie. Even if the movie look isn't 'my Thor', I could see picking up a few figures for customs and/or to use as other Asgardians featured in the comics (or even generic Asgardian warriors). A 6" line could have some good opportunity to expand a 'Marvel Fantasy' display, especially if you're willing to ignore the name they put on the package.