Is Hasbro putting way to much focus into there super squad?

ToBeLoved

i mean who would actually buy those things? they look babie-ish and pathetic. there is barley articulation and in no way matches up to the quality of marvel legends. plus there pretty expensive for two little toys. i mean i have seen them go for 7 dollars in stores in my area. i even watched videos on youtube of the two guys who help make hml's and they defiantly seem concerned with them as they have a ton of those in front of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL3oilqSGEQ

I buy them. I also get the Transformer Robot Heroes, but only the G1 packs, not the Beast Wars or Movie ones. I got the Snake-Eyes and Timber at SDCC, but I don't know if I'll get the Combat Heroes. I like the Li'l Cobra guys like Commander and Zartan, but not the Joes. And since you have to get one hero and one villain per pack, I am discouraged.

But I digress. These are great little figures. My only beef is that they repack characters and figures already made with new ones, so you end up with an abundance of Spidey over time. But other than that, they are cool.

I like them a lot. I think they're just adorable. Marvel legends are my first love, of course, but these guys are a fun little side collection.

I don't know if Hasbro's focusing on them too much though. There are certainly more of them coming out than Legends figures, but that's probably because they are so small and have simple sculpts. They're easier to to design and produce, I'd bet.

This post is a prime example of what happens when people forget that kids are still the primary target audience for toys. Sometimes even little kids too.

Y'know, cause heaven forbid if a preschooler get into Superhero Squad, then that love of superhero squad leads him to collect Marvel's other lines as he gets older. I mean, that wouldn't make any sort of business sense at all or anything....

i mean who would actually buy those things? they look babie-ish and pathetic. there is barley articulation and in no way matches up to the quality of marvel legends. plus there pretty expensive for two little toys. i mean i have seen them go for 7 dollars in stores in my area. i even watched videos on youtube of the two guys who help make hml's and they defiantly seem concerned with them as they have a ton of those in front of them

theyre a different product, they dont need to match up to ML. besides, due to the decreased size, you can more easily set up dioramas and not run out of room.

I like them a lot. I think they're just adorable. Marvel legends are my first love, of course, but these guys are a fun little side collection.

I don't know if Hasbro's focusing on them too much though. There are certainly more of them coming out than Legends figures, but that's probably because they are so small and have simple sculpts. They're easier to to design and produce, I'd bet.

Hasbro has said Hero Squad is your best chance of getting EVERY marvel character. They are shooting for some pretty obscure figures down the road.

This post is a prime example of what happens when people forget that kids are still the primary target audience for toys. Sometimes even little kids too.

Y'know, cause heaven forbid if a preschooler get into Superhero Squad, then that love of superhero squad leads him to collect Marvel's other lines as he gets older. I mean, that wouldn't make any sort of business sense at all or anything....

Yeah. I don't think this was planned as a "collector's line" AT ALL. I'm sure Hasbro is happily surprised that adults are enjoying the line. And the stepping stone metaphor is appropos. I got my son all the little SW Hero Squad figures when he was three and he actually prefers those to the 3 3/4" line even as he's getting older.

theyre a different product, they dont need to match up to ML. besides, due to the decreased size, you can more easily set up dioramas and not run out of room.

Well said. I have all of mine displayed on a hanging curio shelf 18" x 24". It's closing in on 100 figures, but they take up no space at all!

I love my 6" Marvel Legends, but I collect SHS and MiniMates for 3 reasons- 1) They take up little space and look nice on display. 2) My girlfriend loves them and encourages me to get more. 3) I love the different types of scale for my favorite characters (Nightcrawler, Punisher, Gambit...etc)

They are obviously not for everyone. Oh and I watched the Muppet babies when I was a kid. It was amazing.

While I don't collect these, I must admit that their character selections and pairings are awesome. In fact, every time I see these I can't help but think how much I wish that DST's Minimates had been released like this. I'm jealous of those who do dig these as it's a pretty thorough collection (especially for a line that hasn't been around for very long). If the upcoming MU line follows this pattern, then I will indeed be a happy collector (though very poor)!

Bottom-line, brilliant line but not my cup of tea.

As far as a comparison/influence to 'Legends', I don't really believe that one can be made...other than we all probably wish that our collections were this complete! :P