Toys R Us is getting the shaft.

skeezix

um they are geting icons brought back from the dead along with diamond online...thats pretty exclusive

Whoa! Bet TRU is stoked about getting Icons since the local store had 8 Beast Icons they sold for $3, and still have Doc Doom, Punisher and others rotting on the shelves. Found a closeout store that had almost all the Hasbro Icons for $5 each.

Sure, the Phoenix figures will likely move, but I bet the others will be stuffing the clearance bin before Xmas.

Surprised they are taking any MArvel products from HAsbro after getting burned on the Emma and Wolvie fiasco.

GEEK

um they are geting icons brought back from the dead along with diamond online...thats pretty exclusive

Whoa! Bet TRU is stoked about getting Icons since the local store had 8 Beast Icons they sold for $3, and still have Doc Doom, Punisher and others rotting on the shelves. Found a closeout store that had almost all the Hasbro Icons for $5 each.

Sure, the Phoenix figures will likely move, but I bet the others will be stuffing the clearance bin before Xmas.

Surprised they are taking any MArvel products from HAsbro after getting burned on the Emma and Wolvie fiasco.

GEEK

true, my TRU still has diamond emma frost. there was three left and were $3 so i decided to buy it, maybe ill sell it in future.

GEEK

yeah i know big lots has them all for 10 bucks,but these are actul icons with good molds and characters people want

im not sure the break down but they get 2 of the four listed and diamond gets the other 2

-nightcrawler

-phoenix/variant dark phoenix

-colossus

-daredevil/variant fo daredevil

Wal-Mart exclusives. Target exclusives. Where's the love for the real toy stores Hasbro? X-Men exclusive line. Let's make it happen, Hasbro. You know you want to.

Since I started collecting toys (98) TRU has always been the worst. They get the toys in usually weeks or months after wal-mart and Target and they take forever to put stuff on clearance.

i dont understand why hasbeo doesnt ship to other countrys, that seems like more easy money to me.

Don't forget the cost of shipping. Costs a lot to send something overseas. Plus the additional production costs to make more to ship in the first place.

But really, I think TRU got burned bad on both their previous ML exclusives (admittedly, they were mostly crap, but I dunno how much of that is TRU's fault), but they also got saddled with massive amounts of pegwarmers for the regular ML line, because they tended not to get them on shelves until local Targets and Wal-Marts had already gotten several shipments (which meant a lot of folks already had them).

So yeah, I'd say TRU probably isn't super-keen on the Marvel Legend line right now.

I never really cared for TRU since they let their employees rob the collectors blind by buying and hiding cases of ML's that never made it to the floor (I'm talking Toy Biz days). I wasted a lot of gas on trips to their store and almost always came up empty handed. In my experience, Walmart and Target kept a tighter control on that type of emplyee behavior and thus I got most of my figures there. Thanks guys!

I never really cared for TRU since they let their employees rob the collectors blind by buying and hiding cases of ML's that never made it to the floor (I'm talking Toy Biz days). I wasted a lot of gas on trips to their store and almost always came up empty handed. In my experience, Walmart and Target kept a tighter control on that type of emplyee behavior and thus I got most of my figures there. Thanks guys!

Actually, Wal-Mart tends to be the most crooked of all, because they're just so dang big that nobody pays attention to a silly little thing like toys. Dozens, if not hundreds of cases of Wal-Mart Exclusive toys have a tendency to "fall off the truck" and end up in E-scalper's hands, and at least in my neck of the woods, I've never seen a single Wal-Mart exclusive toy on-shelves in the last 6 years (which is why I'm getting heartburn about the Nemesis and Ares waves...I'll probably have to pay twice as much for them on Ebay).

But the real truth is that it's all local. My TRUs and Targets here are pretty awesome, but I think that's mostly because I'm fortunate enough to live in an area that has a lower density of collector/scalper heat, and has a TON of retailers around so it's virtually impossible for one person to hit them all.

Basically, people in my neck of the woods ransack the Wrestling figures, but pay far less attention to Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, etc... Not that it's always easy to find them, but if I'm a little persistent I usually manage to find everything I want.

Actually, Wal-Mart tends to be the most crooked of all, because they're just so dang big that nobody pays attention to a silly little thing like toys. Dozens, if not hundreds of cases of Wal-Mart Exclusive toys have a tendency to "fall off the truck" and end up in E-scalper's hands, and at least in my neck of the woods, I've never seen a single Wal-Mart exclusive toy on-shelves in the last 6 years (which is why I'm getting heartburn about the Nemesis and Ares waves...I'll probably have to pay twice as much for them on Ebay).

But the real truth is that it's all local. My TRUs and Targets here are pretty awesome, but I think that's mostly because I'm fortunate enough to live in an area that has a lower density of collector/scalper heat, and has a TON of retailers around so it's virtually impossible for one person to hit them all.

Basically, people in my neck of the woods ransack the Wrestling figures, but pay far less attention to Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, etc... Not that it's always easy to find them, but if I'm a little persistent I usually manage to find everything I want.

It's a crap shoot all the way around. One store is good for a while and then it sucks, and another one is good. Cycle and repeat. Glad they are all around. TRU has been kind of sucky, but then they were the first here to have FFF figs. NOw back to sucky and Walmart is rocking the two-packs. Toys stores are like Pokemon. Gotta have 'em all.

GEEK

It's a crap shoot all the way around. One store is good for a while and then it sucks, and another one is good. Cycle and repeat. Glad they are all around. TRU has been kind of sucky, but then they were the first here to have FFF figs. NOw back to sucky and Walmart is rocking the two-packs. Toys stores are like Pokemon. Gotta have 'em all.

GEEK

My WM rocks at getting exclusives(always has), Target on the other hand either gets scalped or doesn't order enough for anything, so it is a store by store thing.

GEEK

yeah i know big lots has them all for 10 bucks,but these are actul icons with good molds and characters people want

im not sure the break down but they get 2 of the four listed and diamond gets the other 2

-nightcrawler

-phoenix/variant dark phoenix

-colossus

-daredevil/variant fo daredevil

i thought toys r us and diamond were getting all 4 plus the variants. not 2 here and 2 their. where did you here this at?

any hulks?

Your point of each market being different is valid. My post should have read TRU "stores", as in four stores in three counties that I checked regularly. I could even tell who some of the TRU employees doing it were. They'd give me nervous stares whenever I came in and stuttered when I'd inquire about where the figures were at that the store manager told me would be on the floor by this time on this day. This happened many times. My Walmarts actual did, and still do, have signs describing their figure limits policy by the ML figures. And sure enough I always find a least a few I need there every time they are suppose to be in stock.

Jmacq1, I could help you with the upcoming Walmart exclusive. I need some help also as I have yet to see any ML two packs in Target, TRU or Walmart here. Yet I got my first FFF figures in mid-July and had it together by the first week in August. Ah distribution blues.

I've yet to see the two-packs out my way, either. Marvel Legend distribution tends to be really, really weird out here. Some waves are plentiful (HML 1 and 2), while others are more scarce (HML3) and at least one wave I don't think we ever got at all in this area (FF Classics/Ronan wave). Thankfully the Hulk Legends have been plentiful.

But I'll keep my eyes peeled for the two-packs. Mine are preordered from HTS right now.

Distribiution, especially with TRU, wouldn't be so universally screwy if Hasbro hadn't screwed up so much with HML1. After that peg rotting over ordering fiasco, I'm not surprised most outlets don't want to go near ML.

TRU even moreso, considering how overstocked they were with those ridiculous Silverines and Diamond Emmas. Even worse if you're in Canada; they're still on the pegs at $14.99!!