Worst Marvel Legend - By Category

Jormungand

I know there have been Worst Legend threads before, but I wanted to try something a little more specific. I was thinking of having several 'Worst' categories. I know I have my personal views but wanted to see what others thought. Also, if you think there is another "Worst' category that should be added, please feel free:)

Worst Under Articulated - The Toad: ML 1 Toybiz

(In all fairness, Toy Biz was still learning, but this figure barely moves)

Worst Over Articulated - Ice Man: ML 8(I think... this is all from memory folks) Toy Biz

(He seems to have articulation for articulations sake and I've never been able to keep him standing upright)

Worst Acurate Character Height - Omega Red: ML Apocalypse Series Toy Biz

(Nice figure, but way out of scale for the height the character is actually suppose to be - somewhere under 7', yet taller than figures like Colossus)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if this counts but what about antman and wasp that came with the toy biz giantman series 4. they didnt look like they had tons of articulation either, not sure if he had less than toad though. and what about worst paint job? i think toybiz silver surfer takes it, hes called the silver surfer, not the bluishey silver surfer.

it was used as a highlight, but didnt work too well.

toad was planned for a series of two packs titled evolution of X, it was to feature the movie figure and that one. the line was cancelled before toad was released (the only one that made it out was wolverine, who would use the same sculpt as ML3), and i guess they didnt want to add articulation like for wolvy.

i dont know if this counts but what about antman and wasp that came with the toy biz giantman series 4. they didnt look like they had tons of articulation either, not sure if he had less than toad though.

they had less, but they were technically accessories, and about 2 cm tall-not the easiest thing to articulate. i also think they were re-used from the same box set as the giant man figure they came with.

Tom Tom is spot on. I have the 5" box set of original Avengers that featured Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Giant Man, Ant Man and Wasp. The last three were reused in the ML line, with Giant Man being repainted into Goliath. There was an Original X-men 5" box set I use to have released around the same time. Not to deviate from my own thread, but being the Avengers fan I am, I hope Hasbro does an Avengers Wave with a repainted Walmart Wave Giant Man as the Hank Pym era Goliath... always liked that identity of his the best. If we want to get technical, I think the ML 11 Yellow Jacket, that came with Wonder Man, is the most inarticulate ML ever, since he has 0 moving body parts.

As far as a Worst Paint Job section, I thought about it. It's a good idea though, let's add it. I think I would have to go with the Scarlet Witch ML 11 Legendary 'Losers' line from Toy Biz. Even the company stopped production of the figure, making her rare, due to the incredibly poor application of the red headband paint on top of a brown plastic base.

These are great thoughts, keep'em coming.

HML invisible woman's hand bothered the hell outta me. they used the same hand as the silver surfer....way too big. luke cage's hand bothers me as well. all of the 1st women body MLs suck. i didnt like magneto because of the ironman reuse.....throw in iceman(waaay too many joints) and thats my list for now.

toad was planned for a series of two packs titled evolution of X, it was to feature the movie figure and that one. the line was cancelled before toad was released (the only one that made it out was wolverine, who would use the same sculpt as ML3),

I think there was a Storm figure in that line aswell.

i think that the storm 2pack was 8" dolls. heres som pics.

f759_1.JPG

storm2pack(movie).jpg

Emma Frost, Hasbro series 1, nuff said.

Emma Frost is their worst figure ever. I don't know how they missed the mark with EVERYTHING.

Best Accessories goes to Deadpool by a landslide. Series IV Punisher needed about 2 more guns and a knife to compete.

Most Underrated Fantastic Four Box Set Johnny Storm (mid-flame on)

Emma Frost is their worst figure ever. I don't know how they missed the mark with EVERYTHING.

Best Accessories goes to Deadpool by a landslide. Series IV Punisher needed about 2 more guns and a knife to compete.

yea i mean look at the size of her head, i only got the diamond emma and i didnt feel like it was even worth opening.

yea i mean look at the size of her head, i only got the diamond emma and i didnt feel like it was even worth opening.

Ya, she was definately the last figure I bought from that line, althought Banshee was pretty bad IMO, I only bought the Diamond form Emma from TRU because they had it on clearance for $1.99, even then, I felt ripped off

Ya, she was definately the last figure I bought from that line, althought Banshee was pretty bad IMO, I only bought the Diamond form Emma from TRU because they had it on clearance for $1.99, even then, I felt ripped off

really? i actually like banshee but thats just me.

toad was planned for a series of two packs titled evolution of X, it was to feature the movie figure and that one. the line was cancelled before toad was released (the only one that made it out was wolverine, who would use the same sculpt as ML3),

I think there was a Storm figure in that line aswell.

i think that the storm 2pack was 8" dolls. heres som pics.

f759_1.JPG

storm2pack(movie).jpg

TomTom is right, that Wolverine 2 pack was the only one in the Evolution of X line. The Storm doll 2 pack pooda posted was from "X-Men the Movie: Mutations" There were also Wolverine and Toad in the series (a comic version and a movie version)

collection219.jpg

Oh, to keep on topic, I think Mary Jane was one of the worst looking figures so far