Red Hulk Series Out!!!

BILLIUM

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Keep expecting the on-line stores to cancel the orders since Target jacked the price and don't have any in stock. "

GEEK

don't say that or I'll be @#$% if that's true!, I hope not

i hope not

this series is one of my favs

glad i got it

they force people to buy the whole carton tho

8 pieces

including 2 spidermans

i really hope they do not cancel them. i have mine on pre order from BBTS and i haven't heard anything yet either.

I found mine in the Illinois area last weekend, but it required alot of calling with the DCPI # (087-06-1986), some annoying empolees, alot of BS, and finally playing a hunch for a payoff, but this is the best line from the Bro so far.

Really let your fingers do the walking. Ask for the service desk to do an area search which will give a listing of the 8 closest stores and thier approximate stock levels. Keep in mind these are usually 24 hours behind, and the stores may be sold out by the time you get there. Look for an equal number to a case (at least 8 pieces) and pounce on that store. Calling at this point is a gamble and some stores won't put stuff on hold, but if your persistant you can find your stuff easily enough.

The phone is much cheaper than gas these days, AND your still hunting.

Really let your fingers do the walking. Ask for the service desk to do an area search which will give a listing of the 8 closest stores and thier approximate stock levels. Keep in mind these are usually 24 hours behind, and the stores may be sold out by the time you get there. Look for an equal number to a case (at least 8 pieces) and pounce on that store. Calling at this point is a gamble and some stores won't put stuff on hold, but if your persistant you can find your stuff easily enough.

I basically went this route, but I went to one store in person and had them print me off the 15 or so nearest targets and then had them check the DPCI on the HML at those stores to get approx. stock numbers and I hit the ones with 8-10 HML in stock and found one with an entire case in back...it's def a good strategy...and if I did get crap from target employees, I would just drop the line "well the target I was just at said you guys had these in stock and that I could get them from you" which would cause some puzzled looks, but ultimately...obedience :wolverine2:

I drove for about 2 hours today, in the hot desert sun, looking for these, and I only came up with an overpriced Black Costume Spidermen. He seems to be the only one left around, as I called other stores when I got home. I hope more of these show up. This might be the first BAF I don't complete. Because Target sucks at stocking toys.

Thanks, Resident, but the story continues...

I found a brand new Target out in the middle of nowhere, and found both Wolvies, a Spiral, and yet another B.S. Spidey. I picked up the 3 I was missing. however:

1. Yellow Wolvie is apparently "battle damaged". His Right horn is all warped and smaller than the other. It's like they didn't inject enough plastic into the mold. and he has major paint chips on his mark and belt. None of which was apparent from looking at the package.(I usually over analyze every fig to make sure I get the best paint apps, but I guess I got too excited at the thought of near success)

2. Spiral has like...well...a bubble at the bottom of her boob :/ it's....pretty awkward looking. not to mention her eyebrows are crooked.

And Black Wolvie is flawless. Ironically the figure I cared the least about, Adam Warlock exempt.

so yeah. being a perfectionist I'll probably end up buying those two aforementioned figures again, assuming I find them, again. But at least I found a half decent new hunting spot.

Oh and if it hasn't already be confirmed, it's true. 14.99 a piece. which is madness. But I'm too far in to give it up now... I must buy them. But I can't help but feel this is some massive screw on the part of Target employees using the same dcpi no. as the hulk legends. you can't just mark a TOY up $5 for being exclusive.

By the way Darth, I sincerely doubt hasbro would have enough decency to reimburse you for/replace your Red Hulk pieces. especially since it's an exclusive and they don't even sell it on their site. But do try anyways and tell me what you come up with. Maybe there's hope for my classic Wolverine...

I don't know. See, I live in Arizona, and I've had pretty fair game here. Not too many collectors I guess, so I'm hoping if I just keep it up, it'll pay off eventually. man I just knew this Target exclusive nonsense would be annoying. I never have had much luck at Targets.

I'm almost beginning to wish I had just ordered them online, but then again, it doesn't to be offering much more security in getting them than just old school hunting.

I finally had some luck! I was able to get Silver Savage and the Wolverine variant from a target south of my hometown. Those were the only two on the peg. I broke down and got Spidey off of ebay like a week and a half ago. Only three more! Hopefully the other target to the north of my town will get the last three tomorrow.

silver savage, union jack, adam are not very good but its worth it to get red hulk!

007-6.jpg

Red hulks worth getting, but I like all the figures in the set. I'm glad I have them all.

seriously? i didnt like silver savage or union jack. it was good paint and artic but the sculpt ruined it badley, and the small head, black spidey's head is to small. and adam warlock...i dont even want to get started on its articulation.

silver savage, union jack, adam are not very good but its worth it to get red hulk!

007-6.jpg

<- Want

Still no luck here in FL, there is only one Target in my area. The next two are 50 miles north, and 50 miles south. This will probably be the first BAF I will not be able to complete (excluding the Sandman BAF, that was butt ugly)

I had to cave an use ebay. I just got the BAF peices instead of the actual figures except Silver Savage. I really just wanted a comic accurate Red Hulk, but overall this is probably Hasbro's best wave. I still think an Annihilation Thanos or a Tradtional Thanos would have been a better BAF for this series. Red Hulk is an awesome character but I would have rather had him in the Foom wave rather than End Hulk or She Hulk (which was not in scale anyway). I guess the were still millking the thunder from the Hulk on the big screen. Too bad most children who buy these toys don't even know anything about Red Hulk. It seems to me the BAF was to suck kids into the buying the wave, also Red is Target's color. They met two demands at once.