New spidey classic figs out

jjlecaros

you texas guys seem to be scoring left and right!

i always check walmart when i'm out, and they dont have ANY new spidey stuff. they still have the movie wave up. zip on legends either. not even FFF hulk. my walmart SUCKS!

im going out tomorrow so wish me luck! (target exclusive rattler and conquest are supposed to hit shelves on sunday so its a good hunting day!)

Good luck man. I have to drive about 40 minutes to a Wal-Mart. However anything that can be found at a Wal-Mart, this one always has it.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Figures I'm defently getting are the black and red Mcfarlarne Spidey and Iron Spidey. May strongly consider Carnage, since he looks cool, plus he comes with red verisons of the Symbolite Web Trap that pervious Hasbro Venom's came with. As for Venom, not sure yet. It is the coolest scuplt of Venom, however I'm not sure about the white Spider on his chest.

Anybody know if Venom's specific look(Well, the white Spider logo) is based on something(Like recent comics, a comic book storyline, or the upcoming Spider-man: Web Of Shadows Video Game), or is it just a look that that Hasbro did to make it look different from ToyBiz's verisons of the same figure? Now thinking about it, I think I did recall seeing some pics of Venom and Black Spidey with their White Spider symbols looking like this, but I'm not sure. If this figure is based on either a recent comic, or the upcoming Web Of Shadows Video Game, I'll strongly consider it, but if it's just something that Hasbro did to make the figure different, I probably won't get it.

Figures I'm defently getting are the black and red Mcfarlarne Spidey and Iron Spidey. May strongly consider Carnage, since he looks cool, plus he comes with red verisons of the Symbolite Web Trap that pervious Hasbro Venom's came with. As for Venom, not sure yet. It is the coolest scuplt of Venom, however I'm not sure about the white Spider on his chest.

Anybody know if Venom's specific look(Well, the white Spider logo) is based on something(Like recent comics, a comic book storyline, or the upcoming Spider-man: Web Of Shadows Video Game), or is it just a look that that Hasbro did to make it look different from ToyBiz's verisons of the same figure? Now thinking about it, I think I did recall seeing some pics of Venom and Black Spidey with their White Spider symbols looking like this, but I'm not sure. If this figure is based on either a recent comic, or the upcoming Web Of Shadows Video Game, I'll strongly consider it, but if it's just something that Hasbro did to make the figure different, I probably won't get it.

yea, i think the symbiote got a new host or something now. i havn't read any of the new spider-man comics but i'm just guessing.

That the thunderbolt one. the one thats out now is the first version that was first seen in Marvel Knights. Think of the Thunderbolt as a savage form.

According to the packaging on this wave, this is the current Thunderbolts Venom. He has no tail in the Thunderbolts at this point. Maybe he did when he first got the Symbiote.

Didn't the real Iron-Spider suit also have stealth mode?

GEEK

That the thunderbolt one. the one thats out now is the first version that was first seen in Marvel Knights. Think of the Thunderbolt as a savage form.

According to the packaging on this wave, this is the current Thunderbolts Venom. He has no tail in the Thunderbolts at this point. Maybe he did when he first got the Symbiote.

Didn't the real Iron-Spider suit also have stealth mode?

GEEK

Yes. The Scarlet Spiders definitely used it more often though. They were part of the Black Ops team of the Initiative called the Shadow Initiative along with Bengal, Constrictor, Trauma & Mutant Zero.

If anyones wondering/cares their are indeed 2 variants of venom. One is packaged with the arms out and has a dark blue tint (as noted back at comic-con) and has the white patches on his hands. The other wariant has the arms down to his side and has a purple tint and no white squares on his hands. I wasn't sure if the blue/purple was just different spray levels during production or something but i've now scene at least 2 other sets of pics that are both noticeably different. So those are the 2 variants. The case i saw had both.

sorry but that venom looks nothing like the current thunderbolts version. leave it to hasbro to use a re-issue and call it "new".

still no luck finding these figures in riverside CA. both walmarts in my area still have the movie spidey figs.

Hmmm. Looking at the three comics I have this month with the current Thunderbolts Vemon, he is drawn different in every frame, and there are several frames where he looks almost dead on like this figure. He could have been a bit bigger for sure and there's no doubt, it could be better (As evidenced by the new MS Anti-Venom), but for a reissue that turns into a new character, it's really not bad. Mind you, I'm not a huge Venom fan so I'm not that picky.

GEEK

If anyones wondering/cares their are indeed 2 variants of venom. One is packaged with the arms out and has a dark blue tint (as noted back at comic-con) and has the white patches on his hands. The other wariant has the arms down to his side and has a purple tint and no white squares on his hands. I wasn't sure if the blue/purple was just different spray levels during production or something but i've now scene at least 2 other sets of pics that are both noticeably different. So those are the 2 variants. The case i saw had both.

Cool thanks for the news. I didn't even look that close. Now I gotta go beat up my friend I sold the other one too.

GEEK

so their are 2 venoms in the new classics wave that is out right now. or is it the 2 variants plus the regugular version. just curious.

I only read this topic a couple hours ago and minutes after drove next door to Wal-Mart = P. I was able to find McFarlane's Spidey, but no Venom or Carnage or anything alse from this wave. I asked for help, and an employee said there was none in the back. When I went to the register, the cashier couldn't ring me up at first and told me this item wasn't on file. I told her it was $9.96 and I was able to go on my way. But now that I think of it, the Wal-Mart employee who told me there was none in stock couldn't have checked in their backstock if the barcode she referenced with was not in their system... I guess I'll be making another trip there = (.

100_3751.jpg

thanks Resident73 :smile: ! I was really bummed out about missing Venom, but after opening Spider-Man I was very impressed and very satisfied. His fingers seem fragile though. 100_3769.jpg I'm liking this one more than his black costume figure from Marvel Legends Target Exclusive. Sorry about the low quality pictures.

the fingers are fragile. but it has so much movement, you gotta get him.

thanks Resident73 :smile: ! I was really bummed out about missing Venom, but after opening Spider-Man I was very impressed and very satisfied. His fingers seem fragile though. 100_3769.jpg I'm liking this one more than his black costume figure from Marvel Legends Target Exclusive. Sorry about the low quality pictures.

the fingers are fragile. but it has so much movement, you gotta get him.

My original has held up really well, but I'm glad they reissued this.

GEEK