New spidey classic figs out

jjlecaros

Man, it looks like Tarantula is going to turn out to be one of the most disappointing figures ever. Dang, I was really looking forward to picking him up too. He's been on my Top 10 want list for a long time now. What a bummer. Not only is he too small, but what's up with his crappy ass spider emblem? The legs are way too skinny. It's hard to even tell what it's supposed to be. It looks more like a daddy longlegs than a Tarantula.

This is what the Tarantula looks like. The legs on his symbol are big and bold, not pencil thin. I tell you, Hasbro really screwed the pooch on this one.

3252504390_0c537e87e6.jpg

There was more than one Tarantula...

Tarantula(LuisAlvarez)_Head.jpg

Tarantula-GetKraven-thumb.jpg

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Tarantula

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man, I forgot all about the other Tarantula. Why would they go with that design? Why not stick with the classic -

1-1.jpg

Speaking of classic looks, has anybody tried any head swaps with the new Spidey? I've seen some pics where that body looks half way decent, it's just the head that looks goofy. I recently picked up a loose Snap-shot Spider-Man and was wondering if the Snap-shot head (my personal favorite head sculpt) would match the new release body. I might have to bite the bullet and buy one to find out.

Right. Because size and color make no difference on an action figure. :dry:

not with this kinda character. If it was some one like Spider-man or one of the X-men or such then yeah it would make a different but it is a e-list character that no one really knows about because hardcore fans.

Of course it matters! any figure they make they should do a good job not some half @$$ one that makes people look at the fig and say "what a disapointment", doesnt matter if hes an E or and A they should do a good job with every figure they make.

not with this kinda character. If it was some one like Spider-man or one of the X-men or such then yeah it would make a different but it is a e-list character that no one really knows about because hardcore fans.

Of course it matters! any figure they make they should do a good job not some half @$$ one that makes people look at the fig and say "what a disapointment", doesnt matter if hes an E or and A they should do a good job with every figure they make.

I agree. These figures are not free, if Hasbro will make the character then make it as accurate as possible A-Lister or E-Lister. Period.

Man, it looks like Tarantula is going to turn out to be one of the most disappointing figures ever. Dang, I was really looking forward to picking him up too. He's been on my Top 10 want list for a long time now. What a bummer. Not only is he too small, but what's up with his crappy ass spider emblem? The legs are way too skinny. It's hard to even tell what it's supposed to be. It looks more like a daddy longlegs than a Tarantula.

This is what the Tarantula looks like. The legs on his symbol are big and bold, not pencil thin. I tell you, Hasbro really screwed the pooch on this one.

3252504390_0c537e87e6.jpg

There was more than one Tarantula...

Tarantula(LuisAlvarez)_Head.jpg

Tarantula-GetKraven-thumb.jpg

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Tarantula

Sorry, but my brain thinks in terms of the classic versions of characters. Especially in a line called "Spider-Man CLASSICS". But all that aside, Tarantula's emblem still looks like crap even in terms of the more "modern" version. Forget about the skinny legs, take a good look at the body of the spider symbol on his chest... It looks more like a cockroach than a tarantula.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Hasbro basher by any means. I think they've released some very fine figures (black suit Spider-Man, Yellowjacket, Union Jack, Crossbones, Elektra, etc.) but Tarantula is not one of them. For as long as it took for this thing to be released, it seems very rushed and slapped together. It's just disappointing is all I'm trying to say.

Of course it matters! any figure they make they should do a good job not some half @$ one that makes people look at the fig and say "what a disapointment", doesnt matter if hes an E or and A they should do a good job with every figure they make.

i totaly agree with powertime here. damn even if he is an e lister, it doesnt matter. he is a villain and a lot of peaple know him and wanted him. nearly every guy around here wanted one.i bet that marvel comics will bring him back soon enough. wow what a collection will that be if you dont care if the e-listers look crappier then the a-listers. then get a 6insh spidey and a 3 3/4 insh shocker if it doesnt matter. i love a little bit more in my collection. by the way i asked for years now where those damn lists are? :tongue:

Of course it matters! any figure they make they should do a good job not some half @$ one that makes people look at the fig and say "what a disapointment", doesnt matter if hes an E or and A they should do a good job with every figure they make.

i totaly agree with powertime here. damn even if he is an e lister, it doesnt matter. he is a villain and a lot of peaple know him and wanted him. nearly every guy around here wanted one.i bet that marvel comics will bring him back soon enough. wow what a collection will that be if you dont care if the e-listers look crappier then the a-listers. then get a 6insh spidey and a 3 3/4 insh shocker if it doesnt matter. i love a little bit more in my collection. by the way i asked for years now where those damn lists are? :tongue:

dude you've seen images of my collection. do you think i really care? at the moment all i want is the Nemesis wave.

dude you've seen images of my collection. do you think i really care? at the moment all i want is the Nemesis wave.

i wasnt specialy refering to you but all in all you see. i just want black bolt. maybe daredevil depends on the scale. he has to be higher then electra. i will get punisher for a buddy of mine.

Anyone know what 'wave' this one hitting the shelves is? I stopped keeping track after Hasbro took over since most figs were re-issues. But now that we've got a bunch of great villians in this wave, I'm curious. Thanks in advance.

They hit the selves already. I found mine yesterday at walmart. I passed on juggernaut because it had a crappy paint job. I just finished repainting gargen, and tarantula is not that bad of a figure despite his height.

Anyone know what 'wave' this one hitting the shelves is? I stopped keeping track after Hasbro took over since most figs were re-issues. But now that we've got a bunch of great villians in this wave, I'm curious. Thanks in advance.

They hit the selves already. I found mine yesterday at walmart. I passed on juggernaut because it had a crappy paint job. I just finished repainting gargen, and tarantula is not that bad of a figure despite his height.

Nice sig, I would like to see more pics of that figure.