Marvel Legends 2009??

MacDeeez

First off, this is NOT a wish list, I am simply asking people to give me their opinion on which figures that you think will be released in 2009. Please do not post ridiculous chioces like Agent X, Beak or Kurse.

I would put money on these figures being released next year....

Spider-Girl (125+ issues of her own comic)

Winter Soldier/Captain America (probably the best comic going)

U.S.Agent (hey, it was in the original plans for the Nemesis Wave)

Polaris (because so many freakin people clamor for her)

Earth X, Negative Zone and/or Captain Universe Spider-Man (because these are the only ones of him that haven't been released)

Re-releases.....

Deadpool (a no-brainer)

Dragon Man (see Kang)

Hawkeye (he is one that is begging for a two-pack w/Mockingbird)

again, this is not a wish list, but my thoughts on who will be released in 2009.

Polaris i think is a high maybe. she been asked by almost every one at this stage.

Spider-girl could see a release but it might only be in the Classic line.

a New Thor is likely considering he has a new animated movie next year with the Hulk.

Wolverine and Deadpool are a definate since they are in a movie next year. Gambit, Sabretooth, Maverick and Silver Fox might get a release next for the same reason.

US Agent i was talking to the hasbro guys at the SDCC and they said that was only a romour but when i said that it would be a easy repaint he said he agreed.

Mockingbird and Hawkeye for some reason i can see them getting a two pack next year.

Winter Soldier / Cap 2 i don't know i dont see this happening for some reason.

you are right, I forgot about the X-Men guys and we know a Wolverine is released in just about every other wave.

which Wolverine figs have not been done yet.....

Feral Wolverine

Patch

Samurai Wolverine

X-Force Wolverine

World War II Wolverine (as seen in Origins)

Old Man Logan (current Wolverine arc)

Am I missing any???

a couple more VERY unrealistic versions

Werewolf Wolverine (from 1990's Captain America)

Vampire Wolverine (from 1990's What If? story)

Zombie Wolverine (would be cool, but I believe they stopped all Zombie merchandise)

Well, there are all the protos from the contest and other waves.

FA Storm

Gambit

Lilandra

Silver Samurai

The Alpha Flight wonder twins

Magneto

BiBeast (Though I think he's straight now)

Valkyrie

Red King

AIM Agents

Hellfire Club thugs

Heck, they don't need real comic examples to make figures. Scuba Spider-man, anyone??

They still haven't made Ninja Spider-man, or Tax Dodger Spider-Man. Hmmmmm. Now that they have Spiral, how hard could the Multi-armed Spider-Man, or Man-Spider figures be??

Maybe we could get the ultimate marketing combo figure and score Iron Wolverine Spider-Man.

Oops. Back on track. If they make Polaris because everyone wants her, then it would stand to reason they would also make Jim Lee Jean Grey. She's on nearly every list.

I'll hope they let us finish our New Avengers with Luke Cage.

Now I'll back away slowly and avoid the rest of my wish list.

GEEK

Well considering that we aren't getting any legends next year except two packs according to the SDCC any Marvel Legends that are not movie related are very unlikely. I could see Deadpool being reissued in a Wolverine or Gambit two pack because of the Wolverine movie coming out next year. Otherwise any comic related stuff is very unlikely. Maybe a HULk Thor or Wolverine Hulk Two Pack for the DVD, but I think it is going to be a dry Marvel Legends year all year.

LegendsCollector07, I am going to have to disagree with you bud. The Hulk FFF wave sold very well, as are the Wave 1 two-packs. I would also bet that Ares, Red Hulk & Nemesis will do tremendously well also. Not to mention the Spider-Man Classics and Iron Man Movie lines, and Wave 2 of the two-packs.

I think that the first half of 2009 will be relatively slow, but Hasbro will ramp it up again next Summer/Fall. Once the sales figures are tallied on this year's Legends, I bet we will see more BAF Series by the end of next year. There are still plenty of characters to use and an enormous amount money to be made.

Don't fool yourselfs, if Hasbro makes them, we will buy them!!!!

I dunno, I'm more inclined to agree with LegendsCollector. In addition to what he said, you have to consider that Hasbro's going to be putting a lot of their focus into the 3 3/4 line which launches in spring. I imagine that hml is going to be on the back burner for a little while. Don't get me wrong, this isn't another "death of the line" post but I definately don't think we'll get anything like the Hulk wave for most of 2009.

Geek & Tarot have some of the best predictions, but will they be single carded as 6 inch figs or 2-packs?

At this point they'd be two-packs. Hasbro has said the 2-packs are continuing, though we don't know the scope and size of the line in 2009 yet. Could be pretty big, could be a trickle, we just don't know yet.

I think the likely choices:

Winter Soldier/Captain America - If they're continuing the 2-pack line this is pretty much a no-brainer. However they could potentially break the two up and pack them with other characters as well, for instance a Winter Soldier/Crossbones (mass retail release of the former exclusive) and Captain America 2/Black Widow. Much as I'd prefer a Crossbones/Sin 2-pack, I doubt it'd happen. Of course, packing Winter Soldier and "New Cap" together makes a certain amount of sense, since you could use the same "unmasked" head for both.

AIM Scientist and some other troop builder - They like the troop builders on this line, and they've been cranking out the "upgraded" versions of those Toy Biz troop builders already. The AIM Scientist would seem like a natural choice. Might get packaged with another SHIELD Agent, or maybe a repackaged HYDRA Trooper or something else.

Thor and ...? - Not sure who they'd package Thor with at this point, but a "new costume" version of Thor is just screaming to be done. I'd be thrilled if it turned out to be Thor and Extremis Iron Man, possibly with a "Classic" Thor and "Battle Damaged" Extremis Iron Man variant.

Wolverine will be getting his own movie line, but I could see at least one two-pack based on the current "X-Force" comic. Maybe Warpath and X-23 since they could probably be done as fairly easy repaints.

More Troop Builders: Dunno what exactly, but Hasbro clearly wants a good chunk of troop builders in this line.

I think we will be getting more obscure figures in '09. Hasbro will pack a new figure w/ a repainted/re-sculpted figure. I also foresee some of the big TB sellers being re-released. Iron Man (Nov), Deadpool (in time for movie release), and I'm not quite sure but I think we'll get a big surprise w/ a re-release. I do believe that we have seen the end of FF and Hulk for while.

Extremis iron Man/Modern War Machine-no brainer with the DVD release being soon.

You do know we've already seen the packs that are coming between now and the end of the year, right?

By the time this pack made it to shelves, the DVD will have been out for months. If they're looking for marketing synergy, they'd be better off waiting until Iron Man 2. Not to say it couldn't happen, just noting that the "Iron Man" product we're getting closest to the DVD release has already been revealed: The Classic Iron Man/Maria Hill (Or Stealth Iron Man/Sharon Carter) two-pack.