ML Bummers...

yourantagonist

The recent announcement of Kang in the Ares wave got me thinking... Has anyone ever dished out major cash on a figure, only to have it be rereleased within the next few months? Did you ever buy a figure, only to have a better version come out later on? Any other situations that just bummed you out regarding MLs? I actually have quite a few...

-Kick myself everyday for this... I saw the first few ML waves in stores all the time (at $7 a pop) and never picked any up (seeing as I wasn't into comics much then). I got hooked after the Sentinel series, and going back having to dish out major bucks on figures I passed on a couple years ago always bites. I'm sure many of you have suffered this.

-Again, before I got into MLs majorly, we got a whole case of ML Apocalypse series in where I worked, including all the variants. I debated my whole shift on whether or not to snag them. Eventually I decided to pass. Someone bought them all the next day. Should've seen that coming. Same thing happened with series 11, with Scarlet Witch and Hulkbuster Iron Man. They have both gone for big bucks on ebay at one point or another, and we had both on clearance.

-Now, I'm steaming about buying the Fantastic Four from the Hasbro wave, and then they announce they're releasing the team over again with the blue and black costumes, which I prefer.

Can any of you relate?

Some stuff like that has happen to me. Like when I was younger I liked marvel, but you know I didnt really know what it was. I just saw a buff toy and wanted it. I saw a whole bunch of rare ones I remember, but I passed them on for more childish ones. I wish I could go back in time and grab all the ones I still dont have today.

Man, I was upset. I bought a Marvel Select She-hulk, which is a great looking figure, but not very poseable, only to find a few months later i would get one through Hasbro. And now they make ANOTHER savage version. Wish I saved my money.

also, I own 2 versions of Daredevil ( SMC & Face-Offs), and now just to complete Nemesis, I have to get a 3rd version od DD> WTH!?!?!?1

That is why I get the ones that I know will not be rereleased. Kang I never got because I was not too impressed with the sculpt. Series 6 Juggernaut, I doubt if they will rerelease this version because of the amount of plastic this requires and he reminds me of the version in the popular CAPCOM videogame. Dragon Man I am holding off because he was a small sized (in scale) figure IMO. DoomBot I never pursued since he is not really comic accurate. Deadpool is a no brainer, but I think he might get rereleased because he is such an in demand character and might be a good candidate for a 2 pack with maybe another iteration of Wolverine. Fearsome Foes Rhino is another that can get rereleased.

yea, when i used to see a whole isle in my town deidicated to the toy biz marvel legends. this was around series 4 and 5. i only liked marvel a little bit, so i decided to pick up series 4 punisher series 5 silver surfer and this magnetic hands and feet spiderman. i lost the spiderman and silver surfer. but for some reason i always kept the punisher so yea...but i always punch my self in the face for having skipped over so many toys that are rare today like spiderman box set, and others that i cant really remember.

:(

l am quite happy I have listened to the clerk in gettin Dragonman rather than Kang. I wanted Kang, but was not sure if that I should and asked the clerk who to get. He told me Dragonman since he is bigger, so I did.

The Marvel Select thing is the one that's got me the most. She-Hulk, Moon Knight, and Spider-Woman at least. Got them just to have the character, but hate the scale and then... along comes the regular size. Also a bit disappointed buying the very expensive Goliath with no articulation and then the fantastic Giant-Man(Who I preferred anyway) hits later.

Oh well.

GEEK

i skipped every wave of ml but looked at them, thought cool and just walked away bc i was just a comic reader and not toy collector. then around hml 1 i went over my friends house who had about 200 ml. after playing with walmart thor for a bit while he was on the can i knew i needed in. around hlm1 i played the craziest game of catch up ever. about 300 plus ml later i feel like it would have been a hell of alot cheaper to not have skipped out from the begging. figures i saw in the store for 7 bucks i would sometimes have to pay 40$ plus for. im not complaning, i just wish i could time travel

another side effect of ml toy collecting is i am starting to collect other lines now too!!!

my wallet hates me

Sounds like my life. I scored Kang on ebay for $50 and that is when it first came out and now I will end up with two of the same sculpt. At least I have the cool gun that came with the FF series. Also the skrull I spent a lot for as well, but at least I can build an army.

Thank goodness I did not get Scarlet Spider-man-it was going for upwards of $50. I also am kicking myself about the FF 2packs, but Ronin is cool enuff to be happy with these figures (and She hulk looks good with them). And also I was going to spend a lot on Sabertooth seires 5(?) version, but I find out about the face off series before I did this.

And I paid a lot for customs of Kitty Pryde and Union Jack so don't get me started on this!!

another side effect of ml toy collecting is i am starting to collect other lines now too!!!

my wallet hates me

Yep. Painful few months ahead. Just dropped $70 on the mostly reissue Spider-Man series that just popped. Got one Red Hulk fig and waiting for Ares, IronMan, and finding that elusive Nightwing to finish my Grundy. Lucky for me I hate Gi Joe, Raiders and Star Wars or I'd be taking out a 3rd mortgage.

GEEK

Will hasbro ever re-release Red Hulk? Re-scuplt and release. I want the red hulk but don't want to dish out $120, just to have a better version released in a year.

what would the point of that be? be serious. they wouldn't rerelease just cause some people are too cheap to buy the series. if you don't like it though. buy the MS version.