Toy Biz Silver Surfer or Hasbro Re-paint Silver Srufer

ToBeLoved

(while i don't have it)The Hasbro repaint looks 10x better since its actually all silver instead of the blue stuff all over it(didn't know he was called the Blue Surfer) but yeah, i'd think the magnets would be better(i do have ML5 Surfer hehe) i prefer the HML Surfer though just cause he looks more like he should(even though his head is tiny)

The Toy Biz version wins due to its better magnets, its accessories, and that he had excellent articulation.

Although the Hasbro version was a repaint without magnets

Now the version Hasbro did for the FF Legends was near perfect ... FACIALLY, but it was small and had karate chop hands ... what the Heck!?!?!?!?

None of the Surfers released have yet to be a definitive version. First of all, scale wise they are a tad short at barely 6 inches tall when scalling for a ML 1/12 scale 6'4" character would be roughly between 6.25 to 6.5 inches in height. The head was an odd looking Extra Terrestial with slit eyes. TB and Hasbro release was essentially a basic SMC Daredevil body painted in silver and was used again for XMC Iceman.

well, they are the same sculpt and artiulcation are the same, so those cant be counted on. the paint on the hasbro one is better, and the pegs ensure that he can stand when he is standing and holding the board, though the TB one came with a stand. the hasbro one is probably cheaper right now, and a conversion to magnets isnt hard for the figure itself (the board on the other hand...), so that would be my pick.

so which one is better choice to buy?

Which type of collector are you? Do you like movin your figures or just display them? If you like to play with your toys, you should get the hasbro one because the tb version's paint scratches off EASILY. If say, you move his arm, some of the paint will scratched off since it does not adhere to the plastic as well as other paint.

As for the Hasbro ver, the only bad thing is the lack of diecast(the board) and no magnets. However, you can fix this problem by stickin magnets in the repaint and gettin a TB surfer board.

Personally, the hasbro version lookes better just because the applications are smoother and no paint scratches, but the toybiz version is made better for having no pegs on the board and havin magnets on the feet.

so which one is better choice to buy?

Which type of collector are you? Do you like movin your figures or just display them? If you like to play with your toys, you should get the hasbro one because the tb version's paint scratches off EASILY. If say, you move his arm, some of the paint will scratched off since it does not adhere to the plastic as well as other paint.

As for the Hasbro ver, the only bad thing is the lack of diecast(the board) and no magnets. However, you can fix this problem by stickin magnets in the repaint and gettin a TB surfer board.

Personally, the hasbro version lookes better just because the applications are smoother and no paint scratches, but the toybiz version is made better for having no pegs on the board and havin magnets on the feet.

alright, cool. i found this dude selling his silver surfer for 8.99 on amazon, so here i come! lol