BAF is dead now what?....Long Live 2-Packs

WWHulk

I for one am not at all disappointed that Hasbro is doing away w/ baf. Of all the series I have not created one baf. I think there are tons of different things you can do w/ 2-Packs. Here is a list of things I think Hasbro could do w/ 2-Packs:

1) Continue w/ interchangable parts

2) Release Face Offs again

3) Secret Identity/Alter Ego (Peter Parker/Spider-Man - Tony Stark/Iron Man - Bruce Banner/Hulk)

4) Release Groups (Similar to FF 2-Packs, i.e. Wrecking Crew)

Some people are angry about BAFs I think Hasbro is doing us a favor. What do you all think?

I would like to see an "Evolutions" themed wave of two-packs wherein the figures are classic and modern representations of a character. This would allow Hasbro to go back to making some more popular characters.

For example: '90's X-Factor Havok and Modern Havok (a la the Toy-Biz prototype)

First Appearance Storm and X-Treme X-men Storm

Bucky re-released with either Winter Soldier or the new Captain America

Lot's of cost-cutting possibilities.

I do not think that the BAF are dead. They are only on hold for the time being. I think that the success of this year's BAF line (FFF) and future lines (Red Hulk, Ares & Nemesis) will cause Hasbro to take another look at the possibilities for future BAF.

Think about.....

Lockjaw

Blaastar

Strong Guy

Rockslide

Surtor

Nimrod

Tri-Sentinel

and many more....

i like the bafs because marvels got some pretty big dudes and i wouldnt want one thats not in scale with the rest of my mls's.

Yeah !! Im with you dude ... we need more big figures !

As long as they keep going I'm OK with either direction. I like the BAFs, but the new two packs have lots of potential as well. Loved the FFF series and Foom. Love all the figs in Red Hulk and the Red Hulk is fine. I think the MS one is better. Love all the figs in Ares and love Ares.

Two Packs leaning towards customizers is a enticing idea.

GEEK

I do not think that the BAF are dead. They are only on hold for the time being. I think that the success of this year's BAF line (FFF) and future lines (Red Hulk, Ares & Nemesis) will cause Hasbro to take another look at the possibilities for future BAF.

Not to burst your overly-optimistic bubble, but there are plenty of FFF figures still on shelves around here, and they don't look to have been that heavily produced to begin with. The remaining BAF waves are exclusives, which implies that Hasbro couldn't get all retailers interested in picking up the lines. Indeed, the situation clearly seems to be that we wouldn't be getting these figures at all if they weren't made exclusives.

An exclusive selling well doesn't often mean much in and of itself, since they're produced in smaller numbers and available through a limited venue to begin with. The Ares, Nemesis, and Red Hulk BAFs are not likely to be an exception to this.

BAFs are dead for the time being (at least once these exclusive move through), and probably won't be back for quite a while, if ever. People need to understand that just because a toy is hard(er) to find doesn't mean it's "Successful."

i like the bafs because marvels got some pretty big dudes and i wouldnt want one thats not in scale with the rest of my mls's.

As long as they keep going I'm OK with either direction. I like the BAFs, but the new two packs have lots of potential as well. Loved the FFF series and Foom. Love all the figs in Red Hulk and the Red Hulk is fine. I think the MS one is better. Love all the figs in Ares and love Ares.

Two Packs leaning towards customizers is a enticing idea.

GEEK

i agree. if it means we get more ML then i don't mind really. i like the basic idea of getting a bonus figure once you get the lot but if it mean that i have to get no baf figure but still get figure, then they can do it.

People need to understand that just because a toy is hard(er) to find doesn't mean it's "Successful."

Yeah, if your area is anything like mine, it could mean you need to move to an area that actually GETS new stuff.

I have one Wal-Mart and one K-Mart. Everything else is an hour's drive from me. Not only that, but my WM rarely (if ever) gets exclusives and/or Marvel stuff anymore. War Machine from the Iron Man movie? Nope. FFF wave? Nope. 2-packs? Not a chance.

Then there's all the Target and TRU exclusives that I never even see, let alone actually have a shot at getting.

I say all this not to gain pity, but to explain that those who talk about going to a dozen stores to find one toy and end up in the "I can't find anything!" or "This has been out for a week and I can't find it!" or "We got three cases of this and it sold out in five minutes, so it must be successful!" boats don't seem to have a solid concept that their area is not the only one out there, and they STILL have better odds at getting the new/exclusive stuff than a lot of people.

I love BAFs. Its my favorite thing about buying these figures.

We need more big BAFs than 2-packs I think.

2-packs work better for me because of the extra heads, hands, and weapons(if any)

BAFs are cool too, but im not always intrested in the character choice. i didnt complete onslaught, blob, mojo, or modok. i had all of the pieces, i just wasnt intrested in them.

I agree !! Big dudes as in Warpath, Strong Guy, the Executioner, Super Adaptoid, Mandroids, etc. Heck, if they can make a big dude out of Ares, might as well do the same for the Odin, or the Wrecker and the Demolition Crew, or even Terrax.

For 2-packs, all Hasbro has to do is redo-rersculpt all the ToyBiz pre-2004 sculpts into newer offerings, as I imagine that these are now DATED and could benefit from newer sculpt or a minor tweak or so, much like what they are doing for Series 1 Classic Red/Gold Iron Man. I am referring to the 2 pack planned for release with the Maria Hill SHIELD Agent. There is a multitude of characters craving to be done. Where's Titanium Man ? or Crimson Dynamo? or if not, Odin ? a classic Loki version? Radioactive Man, the Thunderbolts ? Super Adaptoid ? a larger Dragon Man (if they can do FFF, why not?) Rerelease Fearsome Foes Rhino or the Vulture they were great sculpts ! I haven't a really seen a really great female sculpt before the 2 pack Elektra or Shanna and reusing that basic mold would work wonders for the Xmen ladies, as well as Ms Marvel, etc. Also Hasbro hasn't done enough of the X-Men Universe (short of the Movie versions), the 90's era versions or at least the New Mutants characters (Warpath anyone?) and the Starjammers, there is a world of possibilities waiting to happen and I couldn't imagine Hasbro not capitalizing on it.

Not to burst your overly-optimistic bubble, but there are plenty of FFF figures still on shelves around here, and they don't look to have been that heavily produced to begin with. The remaining BAF waves are exclusives, which implies that Hasbro couldn't get all retailers interested in picking up the lines. Indeed, the situation clearly seems to be that we wouldn't be getting these figures at all if they weren't made exclusives.

An exclusive selling well doesn't often mean much in and of itself, since they're produced in smaller numbers and available through a limited venue to begin with. The Ares, Nemesis, and Red Hulk BAFs are not likely to be an exception to this.

BAFs are dead for the time being (at least once these exclusive move through), and probably won't be back for quite a while, if ever. People need to understand that just because a toy is hard(er) to find doesn't mean it's "Successful."

There are still FFF waves where you live at? Because everywhere I live most of the FFF waves nearly soldout within a one to two week period with only two or three figures left on the peg for weeks after. I have not seen more than 3 if any FFF wave figs on the peg since late July. They sold extremely well in the state I live in.

There are still FFF waves where you live at? Because everywhere I live most of the FFF waves nearly soldout within a one to two week period with only two or three figures left on the peg for weeks after. I have not seen more than 3 if any FFF wave figs on the peg since late July. They sold extremely well in the state I live in.

There are some FFF figures still on the pegs were i live. The whole case of 8 was there for about a month and somebody finally bought She-Hulk and a couple others but there is still 4 figures on the pegs, and not to mention 4 figures from the Brood Queen series.

2 packs are a cool idea, but the extra heads and weapons dont really do anything for me. As long as they make a 2 pack with Callisto/Caliban or Storm/Callisto i will be happy

If the sacrifice for keeping Legends alive was no more BAFs I would gladly pay that price. They could even start a "larger" line ( They make 9" Unleashed figures just fine, so why not do unique figures that would work with the 6" lines?) and I would be willing to pay alittle extra for them, like the Hulk line.

Sadly, both BAFs and 2-packs have gone ridden off into the sunset.

Fin Fang Foom characters are still warming the pegs here in Texas (DFW area). I have a Wendigo MOC and a Loose End Hulk I've tried to sell together on ebay 3 times now! For 19 bucks you'd think they'd fly, but I have gotten no bids. It's wild. The Red Hulk figures I got really lucky on. I found four of them. I've been to all the Targets within a 60 mile radius and have yet to see any of them again. I will have to say that I love the 2-Packs because I am a customizer and the easily removable limbs make my life a lot easier. I just wish they were more articulate...just a little. As for BAFs... as long as wicked, awesome characters keep releasing, I'm good.