Hasbro Answers September 2008

RealOne

from Kastor's Korner:

Kastor- Toybiz BAF were big compared to Hasbro. In the last 2 years we have seen more normal figure size BAF like Ronin, Blob, and now Aries; but Foom is huge. Was the plan to make him so big to fit well with the new 3 3/4 line?

Hasbro- No, the decision for Foom's scale didn't have anything to do with the

3.75" Universe line…but now that you mention it, it does fit rather well

alongside them!

Kastor- the Marvel Universe, Line Two figures Captain America and Wolverine are not in their classic costumes, while others seem to be in their iconic looks. Will we have to wait for a long time to get the classic looks, or are they already planned for early in the line?

Hasbro- We revealed more than half the lineup at Comic Con last month, so we're

not ready to give away any more juicy tid bits about the 2009 line just

yet. Sorry!

Kastor- Something that was missing at SDCC was any announcement of any new, larger Super Hero Squad figures. We had known about the Ultimate Hulk and new Deco Galactus but nothing past that. Will we see more of these larger figures in 2008?

Hasbro- We don't have any new Squad Megas slated for the immediate future...

Kastor- Are there any plans to bring the successful BAF idea into the new Universe line?

Hasbro- Nothing planned for 2009….but a definite possibility down the road.

From Raving Toy Maniac:

1. Can we expect to see more 6" Marvel Legends in 2009?

Answer: Yes.

2. Why so few re-releases of Toybiz hard to find figures? At SDCC 2 years ago at the Hasbro panel Hasbro's answer was "Yes," to the question, "Will hard to find Toybiz figures like the pointy masked Iron Man and Dark Phoenix be re-released?" As of yet, no hard to find Toybiz figure has been re-released.

Answer: I think most collectors would consider Kang and the Super Skrull to be on that list of "hard to finds"... both of which are scheduled to hit shelves this Fall.

3. Will the Store exclusive waves of Marvel Legends (Red Hulk/Nemesis) be available on HTS?

Answer: They will not be available on HTS.

4. Please clear up some confusion to the SHIELD/Hand 2-packs. Are we getting Nick Fury/SHIELD Agent 2pk and 2 Hand Ninjas in their own 2pk? Or is it Nick with alternate head and Hand Ninja in one 2pk? And is Dugan/Hand a variant 2pk (like Skrull Elektra) or a totally separate 2pk?

Answer: It will be Nick Fury with an alternate head and a Hand Ninja in one 2pk. As for Dugan, it is a separate two pack (with different graphics on pack)... but the same concept as the Nick 2-pack. It will feature an interchangeable head for Dum Dum and a Hand Ninja in one 2 pack.

5. Why in the first 3 3/4" line-up is there only one female (and her variant)? How quickly will the better-looking half of the Marvel Universe be made in this scale, and what kind of character depth can we expect - and how soon?

Answer: There are 35 single carded figures planned for 2009... and there are definitely more female characters on the way.

from Kastor's Korner:

Kastor- Something that was missing at SDCC was any announcement of any new, larger Super Hero Squad figures. We had known about the Ultimate Hulk and new Deco Galactus but nothing past that. Will we see more of these larger figures in 2008?

Hasbro- We don't have any new Squad Megas slated for the immediate future...

What ever did happen to the Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine pack? i could've sworn I saw it on the back of a 4 pack or something

okay the first set of Question were just #$@#. it sound like a one of us whining (oh don't that it personally you know it's true)

the second batch give me more hope for ML. as for the Dum Dum Dugan, that was something i know but wanted to confirmed. ( i saw it at sdcc but never asked if it was a variant).

as for the question of the hard to find ones, what the hell do you call redoing the ML series 1 Iron man and giving him a variant that is expensive in the ML 1 version. and Kang. for crying out loud about 10 people got him in the store the rest had to pay big to find it.

Answer: Yes

Can folks stop crying now?

psst please. it be like this again in another few months. " oh ml is cancelled wah wah. " :P

You forgot "Hasbro sucks because they don't give me exactly, specifically, one-hundred-percent the characters I want in the way I want them! How dare they try to sell to anyone else!"

I kid... mostly. :smile:

In all fairness, the answer doesn't really tell anyone anything. This could mean that TRU will be getting one exclusive Wolverine figure sometime next November. Actually, the word is that the movie/cartoon lines will be 6", and they could just shoehorn those into the ML banner and feed us a 'Look, you're getting 6" figures!' line.

I want 6" figures, and I'm not given to complaining about how Hasbro killed the line, but even I can see that this answer doesn't amount to much. The better question would have been "Will you be putting some effort into ML instead of keeping it on life support for the foreseeable future?"

I want 6" figures, and I'm not given to complaining about how Hasbro killed the line, but even I can see that this answer doesn't amount to much. The better question would have been "Will you be putting some effort into ML instead of keeping it on life support for the foreseeable future?"

It is hard to take anything at face value from them when the Nemesis waves is three years old and it's still not out. They said they'd keep the two packs and try to find a new way to keep the line going. Guess we'll see what happens. Too many figures to buy between now and 09 anyway.

GEEK

They could've probably asked better questions, but they'd get the same fairly uninformative answers. Hasbro doesn't like to give out any "new" news outside of big trade shows and conventions (or at the very least their own press releases), and about the only Q&A where interesting stuff is either confirmed or hinted at are the Star Wars Q&As. The Star Wars team seems to enjoy answering their Q&As, the rest of the lines seem to treat it like an obligation that they hand off to an unpaid intern.

as the saying goes, "ya keep ya cards close to ya chest, before revealing ya hand/set" lol

this is what this sounds like to me

They could have at least asked what's with the new lines coming out then disappearing again? Are they pulling them to switch manufacturers again, did some slip out early, backordered, what??

GEEK

as the saying goes, "ya keep ya cards close to ya chest, before revealing ya hand/set" lol

They could have at least asked what's with the new lines coming out then disappearing again? Are they pulling them to switch manufacturers again, did some slip out early, backordered, what??

GEEK

Uhm...what are you talking about? Which new lines?

Single Word Answers may keep you satisfied, but they don't fill me with optimism. Especially since when a similarly worded question was answered with "Yes. We will see three exclusive BAF waves, and 8 two packs in 2009." Now, I know eternal optimists such as yourself see that as a different three BAF waves and 8 different two packs in 2009, but I am more likely to believe that Hasbro is referring to the figures they are releasing in 2008 as counting towards their 2009 line-up.

Remember when we saw the Hulk figures on the internet like EIGHT MONTHS before they showed up in stores or four months before they were officially confirmed by Hasbro?

Anybody seen or heard any internet rumors about 6" Marvel Legends lately?

We'll get some Iron Man repaints. (They can wring that mold like it's Batman)

And they'll scrounge the TNA wrestling figure bodies to give you some Wolverine Movie figures.

But until they give us a LIST of the Marvel Legends 6" 2009 figures and tentative release dates for said figures , a "yes" answer isn't going to cut it for me. Because like 8Ball said, you could get a Wolverine Repaint at TRU and a ComicCon Exclusive next year and you guys will be crowing that you were right and Hasbro was right and Marvel Legends wasn't cancelled after all.

Single Word Answers may keep you satisfied, but they don't fill me with optimism. Especially since when a similarly worded question was answered with "Yes. We will see three exclusive BAF waves, and 8 two packs in 2009." Now, I know eternal optimists such as yourself see that as a different three BAF waves and 8 different two packs in 2009, but I am more likely to believe that Hasbro is referring to the figures they are releasing in 2008 as counting towards their 2009 line-up.

Remember when we saw the Hulk figures on the internet like EIGHT MONTHS before they showed up in stores or four months before they were officially confirmed by Hasbro?

Anybody seen or heard any internet rumors about 6" Marvel Legends lately?

We'll get some Iron Man repaints. (They can wring that mold like it's Batman)

And they'll scrounge the TNA wrestling figure bodies to give you some Wolverine Movie figures.

But until they give us a LIST of the Marvel Legends 6" 2009 figures and tentative release dates for said figures , a "yes" answer isn't going to cut it for me. Because like 8Ball said, you could get a Wolverine Repaint at TRU and a ComicCon Exclusive next year and you guys will be crowing that you were right and Hasbro was right and Marvel Legends wasn't cancelled after all.

Don't hold your breath. Actually, -do- hold your breath, it'll be more entertaining.

Some people are going to be dissatisfied no matter what happens. Glass half empty/glass half full.

Something is afoot . . .and Hasbro's not talking as usual. Methinks there's gonna be an X-Men wave in conjunction with the Wolverine: Origins movie next year. This is an opportunity Hasbro might not want to miss out on, like they did with the 5" Spider-Man 3 movie line early on. The X-Men Universe has not been touched enough by Hasbro (short of the Movie versions). And they are a virtual cash cow waiting to be exploited, And a lot of the ToyBiz oldies (pre-2004) are DATED and are just about overdue for an update just like Series 1 classic Iron Man. Just like the Ares Wave, this might just swoop in under the radar in 2009 - (crosses fingers).

GEEK

Red Hulk, IronMan series 2, new Spider Man classics. Here, then gone. It's basically just me whining cause I can't find them, but it does make me wonder why they popped up so light here at first.

GEEK

GEEK

Red Hulk, IronMan series 2, new Spider Man classics. Here, then gone. It's basically just me whining cause I can't find them, but it does make me wonder why they popped up so light here at first.

GEEK

i've always said that you americans don't know how lucky you have it. Marvel Legends is basically died every where else, Spidey classics is stuck on series one, Iron Man well that actually doing quite well?.