Ares vs Hercules

SolidSnakeInMyPants

Ok now. I base my size comparison from a 1/12 scale perspective. Break out your calipers (if you nkow what I mean). If the Marvel Universe Encyclopedia states Thor is 6'6" and his figure is 6.5", then that is as close to exact to scale as you can get. By the same premise, Captain America is about 6'2" tall, so Cap America at 6" is just about acceptable. Series 3 Thor was oversized at over almost 7" (about 7'). Walmart Thor was described a redo to correct this discrepancy or a make right as many clamored dueto some inaccuracy to that first release's costume and size. Like I said I am a scale Nazi. Ares is 6'1" and should be about as tall as Capt America.

Ok now. I base my size comparison from a 1/12 scale perspective. Break out your calipers (if you nkow what I mean). If the Marvel Universe Encyclopedia states Thor is 6'6" and his figure is 6.5", then that is as close to exact to scale as you can get. By the same premise, Captain America is about 6'2" tall, so Cap America at 6" is just about acceptable. Series 3 Thor was oversized at over almost 7" (about 7"). Walmart Thor was described a redo to correct this discrepancy or a make right as many clamored dueto some inaccuracy to that first release's costume and size. Like I said I am a scale Nazi. Ares is 6'1" and should be about as tall as Capt America.

Well from one scale nazi to a, shall we say scale lover on my part' I understand where you are coming from, but as I said, Ares is actually 6'6", not 6'1". I can point you to sources for Ares height if you like. So I think the scale is great. I just don't agree with you on Herc and Thor's height being too large. I think they are just right. If you've got Blob series She-hulk and Lord Thor and Series 12 Bishop, (plus Herc, and Series 3 Thor) they all fit together very well. We're talking characters who are 6'7" - 6"5" in the comics. Where we seem to differ is that I base my scale issue on the Handbook and then the relative height of the physical figures in comparison to each other, and you use a feet to inches physical caliper conversion measurement, which is fine by me. It seems if we can agree on ARes ture height, we solve half the issue here. Like I said, your nazi to my lover. So I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Well from one scale nazi to a, shall we say scale lover on my part' I understand where you are coming from, but as I said, Ares is actually 6'6", not 6'1". I can point you to sources for Ares height if you like. So I think the scale is great. I just don't agree with you on Herc and Thor's height being too large. I think they are just right. If you've got Blob series She-hulk and Lord Thor and Series 12 Bishop, (plus Herc, and Series 3 Thor) they all fit together very well. We're talking characters who are 6'7" - 6"5" in the comics. Where we seem to differ is that I base my scale issue on the Handbook and then the relative height of the physical figures in comparison to each other, and you use a feet to inches physical caliper conversion measurement, which is fine by me. It seems if we can agree on ARes ture height, we solve half the issue here. Like I said, your nazi to my lover. So I'm happy to agree to disagree.

I don't know where you are getting Ares to be 6'6". I based my sources from the official Marvel Encyclopedia and this website: http://www.marvel.com/universe/Ares. So if this is not enough, then so be it. I never got those figures mentioned above for the simple reason that they are way oversized (Lord Thor, She-Hulk, Bishop and Hercules). Besides, I balk at spending $15 per figure to build an out of scale BAF.

I don't know where you are getting Ares to be 6'6". I based my sources from the official Marvel Encyclopedia and this website: http://www.marvel.com/universe/Ares. So if this is not enough, then so be it. I never got those figures mentioned above for the simple reason that they are way oversized (Lord Thor, She-Hulk, Bishop and Hercules). Besides, I balk at spending $15 per figure to build an out of scale BAF.

Yeah, I checked the Marvel site since my last post and sure enough it is agreeing with the New Avengers Handbook - 6'1" I have some older Handbooks that said differently, and he's even drawn towering over other members of the Avengers, but I'll concede the point since I'm not going to go dig out those Handbooks from my storage:) Neveretheless, it's always nice to have a discussion with someone else who takes issue with scale. You must have hated the Mr. Sinister and Omega Red figures, they were two of the most overly tall characters put out.