when is enough, enough?

resident73

I'm curious to know, when does the time come to say "no more for me", I've had this conversation with my wife many times & I've agreed to stop the collecting of figures by 2009. So at the moment I'm being very selective in my collecting of marvel legends characters.

So basically I want to know, when do you see yourself stopping at collecting everything that's marvel, DC, etc, or are you one that collects on impulse or appeal?

I know I'm not a connoisseur when it comes down to collecting, yeah I admit I like star wars, comics & movies. Yeah , I know this sounds like a rant & rave session, so I'll stop LOL

when is enough, enough?, share your thoughts... : P

When I stopped the first time, somewhere around ML series 2ish, it was mostly a "ok, I'm not a kid anymore. No more toys." I still liked to look and see if anything cool was coming out, but I just couldn't see myself spending the money on them at the time.

For now, I don't forsee an end to my collecting. I really only buy ML's now, and only ones I really like for that matter. I figure, so long as I have the space, the little bit of loose money for toys and the time to go after them - I will.

I really enjoy collecting things. I have a DVD collection of well over 400.

I love action figs, I'll never stop collecting. If I was homeless I would still have a little Hulk or Cap hanging off of my shopping cart. haha :wacko:

For me it's very close. I change my mind every year. If they go to $15 a pop in all the stores, I guess I'm done. Don't think I can do $120 for Ares. Too many other things to buy. Unless I get a raise that covers the cost of nerding increase.

GEEK

i am mostly trying to get any character that was in the avengers, past or present.

with some exceptions like deadpool and punisher.

not sure i'll ever be "done".

i have cut back big time on transformers and star wars.

focusing now just on joes and marvel.

i have over 100 25th joe figures, all of the 25th vehicles, and i'm not slowing down one bit.

my wife gets frustrated sometimes but overall she tolerates it and respects the fact that its better than wasting money at the bar or something.

I'll never stop buying and collecting action figures. Its what I do. Why stop doing something that makes you happy. I know I will never stop collecting because their just going to come out with more and more figures and there are other shows, comics toys I have not gotten my hands on yet. So I dont see when ever is enough. Also since I dont have a wife and I'm to young to pay taxes and stuff the 15$ a toy dosent slow me down one bit. I'll just snag them all from my job.