Iron spider from origns or new iron spiderman

ToBeLoved

ok well i dont have an iron spiderman and was wondering, should i spend 10-11 bucks on the new one or order the old one for 2-3 bucks cheaper on hasbro.com?

Didn't we do this here:

http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?showtopic=2053621

Anyway, the two on HTS are both the new ones, unless you mean the MEGO style dress up spider-man.

GEEK

I would go for the NEW one.

It is Less Fragile than the First version & Durable enough to Pose.

If you have the two Compare them to see.

And I have to disagree all the way around. I have no problem posing with the old one, and I agree the gold is better than the yellow, but the red on the original is much, much better than the rosey pink on the new one. Honestly, the translucent one is maybe the best. It's red, it's supposedly the stealth mode from the Iron Spider armor, and it's got the gold.

I got them all and a couple extras to make my Scarlet Spider team.

GEEK

And I have to disagree all the way around. I have no problem posing with the old one, and I agree the gold is better than the yellow, but the red on the original is much, much better than the rosey pink on the new one. Honestly, the translucent one is maybe the best. It's red, it's supposedly the stealth mode from the Iron Spider armor, and it's got the gold.

GEEK

yeah....i got the old one. it has much better paint as far as the red goes.....the yellow sucks! the gold on the new one is nice.....i rather keep the old one though.(articulation suck on that fig all the way around.)

yeah i would trade my new one for an old one.

if not i am going to totally repaint the entire figure silver, then do the red parts with transparent red, and the gold parts with transparent yellow (same method jin saotome and kyle robinson use on thier iron man customs).

but if i had the older one i would only have to do that to the yellow parts.

now is the older one really fragile? i dont like the fact the new one has ratchet joints. like, the *click* when you pose him. does the origins version have those joints?

and his spike doohickeys are terrible.

i tried like hell today posing him the way he was on this comic

but no friggin way is it possible.

SMCW.jpg

yeah i would trade my new one for an old one.

if not i am going to totally repaint the entire figure silver, then do the red parts with transparent red, and the gold parts with transparent yellow (same method jin saotome and kyle robinson use on thier iron man customs).

but if i had the older one i would only have to do that to the yellow parts.

now is the older one really fragile? i dont like the fact the new one has ratchet joints. like, the *click* when you pose him. does the origins version have those joints?

SMCW.jpg

the old one doesnt click.... its pretty sturdy. the legs on the back suck as well.

I don't own any of the new ones yet but from what I've seen in pictures I like my old one better. It has great articulation & color aside from the yellow (even though I don't mind that too much. It also comes with a display stand!

great articulation? what fig are you talking about? the lack of waist and wrist articulation kills it for me.

I don't own any of the new ones yet but from what I've seen in pictures I like my old one better. It has great articulation & color aside from the yellow (even though I don't mind that too much. It also comes with a display stand!

great articulation? what fig are you talking about? the lack of waist and wrist articulation kills it for me.

It has wrist articulation and cut toes; something 90% of Hasbro figures do not have. I don't care if it has no waist articulation. I don't want to display it looks sideways. Please don't die over it!

It has wrist articulation and cut toes; something 90% of Hasbro figures do not have. I don't care if it has no waist articulation. I don't want to display it looks sideways. Please don't die over it!

chill out.

To be fair, cruddy spider doohickeys aside I think it is a pretty lofty goal to be going for that pose on any Spidey figure that retails for under 40 bucks.. :tongue:

u can get close with this

To be fair, cruddy spider doohickeys aside I think it is a pretty lofty goal to be going for that pose on any Spidey figure that retails for under 40 bucks.. :tongue:

u can get close with this

Tis True.. but it would take quite the joint support to keep him up like that.

GEEK

Sadly, all packed for a move now so...

I haven't set them all up, but I think I'll use the orginal as the actual Iron Spider and the new ones for Scarlett SPiders (Got two translucents and one standard of the new ones for that). Of course, I may be using them for extra cash if the price increase drives me out.

GEEK

I don't want to display it looks sideways. Please don't die over it!

I'm pretty sure he isn't going to break into your house, take your figure and die it. Don't worry, even if he dies it over it won't change yours

>_>'

Ha, he said no waist articulation kills him so I said don't die over something so trivial; jokingly and keeping the topic light. But yes, please don't come dye mine purple or somethin!

I don't want to display it looks sideways. Please don't die over it!

I'm pretty sure he isn't going to break into your house, take your figure and die it. Don't worry, even if he dies it over it won't change yours

>_>'

Ha, he said no waist articulation kills him so I said don't die over something so trivial; jokingly and keeping the topic light. But yes, please don't come dye mine purple or somethin!

no....i said kills IT for me.(read it again)