Whatever happened to the second batch of Marvel Q & A's???

clonekiller72

Incidentally, when Super-Hero Showdown was first announced, there was a lot of eye rolling back then for the same reason. "Oh they want us to buy all the figures over again in a different scale." But I bet if you go back far enough, some people probably said the same thing about Legends. I only ever got a Silver Surfer to go with my BAF Galactus, but that one figure was enough to make me disinterested in the series. It was poorly crafted. I can't say the same for the Puniverse line, but seeing those DC Infinite Heroes and how tiny they are and realizing the Marvel figures will be as tiny makes me not very interested in them.

When the spider-man classics line first started (prior to Marvel Legends), there had been a drought of figures since the relative death of the 5 " line. Movie figures helped fill the void, but nobody complained because the 6" line was REVOLUTIONARY!

It really has improved toy making overall. So many companies caught on to what could be done, and modified thier stratagies to match. It really was the first break in the mold since the introduction of "swivle arm battle grip" in the small joes.

Now it would seem it has gone full circle.

But I still don't think that the 25th ann. Joes are all that. Sure they implement the knees, ankles, and torsos ML's have made, but they are still limited in comparison, and don't even get me started on the less than 45 degree hasbro elbow joint. These joint drive me crazy, especially on the legend scale figures. Hydra anyone. Such a limit in poseability.

If the 3 3/4 MU line had double elbows maybe I could see themas an improvement, but with out I consider them a step backwards. Sad thing is they could so easily be a step forward.

Over all I love the poseability of ML's. They give you a chance to really personalize your collection with variety of poses. Hell just look at the ML pic thread on this site.

As for ghost lines, I'm all for them if they keep the detail, articulation and don't build in "kid features". Keep those separate.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad Hasbro is saying they are going to be putting out 6 inch figures, even if they're exclusives or 2-packs or whatever. I agree that the 3 3/4 line is going to have limitations. I like the Joes alot but have you compared one to the DC line? The DC line are shrimpy. The pics I've seen of the Marvel 3 3/4 don't look quite as detailed as the Joes, which means I may pass. I'll have to see them in the store.

First: I'm pretty sure the Marvel Universe line will be about the same size as the G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Line or the Star Was line, both of which are actually closer to 4" than 3 3/4" figures. In other words, they're not likely going to be as shrimpy as those DC Infinite Heroes (Though DCIH looks even smaller than they already are because of the way they're packaged).

Second: Most Marvel outfits generally aren't as detailed as military uniforms....a lot of them are basically wearing "super-spandex" bodysuits with a couple accessories. Most of those figures seem to have the "build" sculpted as opposed to the outfit (You don't tend to see every muscle sculpted out on the G.I. Joe figures), but the cases where detailing is needed (Iron Man and Captain America spring to mind) it looks to be there.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get action features...however I suspect it'll be of the "separate, removeable launcher/action-feature accessory" variety and not the "built-in" variety. Which isn't nearly so bad.