Q & A round - up

clonekiller72

Raving Toy Maniac

1. A lot of people are voicing concerns over the availability of the upcoming Marvel Legends exclusives. While the reliability of the Target with Hasbro exclusives has been pretty consistent, Wal*Mart has not. I myself only saw last year's 2-packs locally only once, and while a different subject most of the Star Wars exclusives I've rarely if ever seen first hand at the big box retailer. With the frustration that was associated with trying to collect Toy Biz's Wal*Mart exclusive Marvel Legends wave, what is Hasbro going to do to ensure that the fans of this line will be able to easily obtain the Nemesis and Ares waves? Will it be like a regular production run only distributed to Wal*Marts? Or is it seeing a smaller run because of its exclusivity?

Answer: The Red Hulk wave is starting to hit Target's around the country in large quantities. It looks as though the Ares wave won't be far behind. We don't control the distribution for each retailer but we're confident that there will be plenty of these waves for collectors and fans.

2. Any chance for some Thunderbolts figures? (Any chance for a Thunderbolt Ross figure ever?)

Answer: Sure, how about Bullseye and Green Goblin in the first 2 waves of Marvel Universe?

3. How about generic packaging (cheaper) for online army builders?

Answer: It's not something that we have planned right now... but as you know, the first online exclusive figure is available at Hasbro Toy Shop right now. If there's a strong demand for it, you can bet you'll see similar offerings down the road.

4. Does getting Guardian mean more Alpha Flight? We've only gotten two members of Canada's premier super-team in the Legends line. When can we expect more?

Answer: With at least one hard core Alpha fan on the team, you can be assured that the remaining roster comes up in character debates. There are definitely some core members of the Alpha team who are due!

5. You pointed out that you are doing two re-releases of harder to find figures, Kang and Super Skrull. And kudos for those. But are there at least plans in motion to possibly do more, like Deadpool, Hawkeye, and Dark Pheonix? Not those specifically, I'm just throwing out examples.

Answer: It's definitely within the realm of possibility, but there are no immediate plans for additional re-releases at the moment.

From Figures.com

Hasbro relaunches their Marvel Q & A program, focusing on their extensive Marvel toy license, including Marvel Legends, Superhero Squad and upcoming Marvel Univese. Will we see mega-scale Superhero Squad figures? Marvel Universe vehicles and playsets? Read on...

FIGURES.COM: The Superhero Squad line has proven popular over the years with kids and collectors alike. Will fans be seeing more larger scaled figures in this line similar to the Apocalypse or Galactus?

HASBRO: There are no current plans for mega-scale Squad figures in 2009.

FIGURES.COM: Can fans expect to see playsets or vehicles in the new Marvel Universe 3 3/4" line?

HASBRO: It's a perfect scale for vehicles as well as play and display. It depends on the demand.

FIGURES.COM: Are army builder packs currently planned for the new Marvel Universe 3 3/4" line? Hand ninjas and HYDRA troopers would be a great addition...

HASBRO: You'll see AT LEAST one army builder in the line during 2009... possibly even more.

FIGURES.COM: Costume and color variants seem to be a part of the new Marvel Universe line. Will we be seeing further variants used as retail or online exclusives?

HASBRO: There will definitely be more variants featured in the line. They will find their way into various retail channels throughout the upcoming year.

FIGURES.COM: What can fans expect to pay for the new 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figures? HASBRO: These figures will be priced about the same as the Star Wars and G.I.JOE 3.75" line of figures.

From SuperheroTimes.com

SUPERHEROTIMES.COM: With the launch of the new Marvel Universe 3 ¾" line, will fans see lesser known characters like the Power Pack or perhaps Howard The Duck as well as mainstream characters like Spider-man, Wolverine, and The Hulk?

HASBRO: You'll see plenty of lesser known characters! However, Howard the Duck is not yet on the radar for 2009. Agatha Harkness is probably out for year one as well.

SHT: Will fans see larger figures in scale with the Marvel Universe figures released, such as a massive 18" tall Galactus?

HASBRO: It's definitely possible. There has been an extremely positive reaction to the new 3.75" Universe line thus far and there are a ton of great characters to do... some of whom are pretty big!

SHT: With the new season of Spectacular Spider-Man coming soon, what new characters and figures can fans look forward to seeing?

HASBRO: The first step is rounding out the Sinister 6 this fall... Lizard, Rhino and Electro are hitting shelves right about now.

SHT: The Iron Man film figures have been very popular. Will this line continue into 2009 and what type of exciting surprises can fans look forward to in future waves if it does continue? The Captain America Armor Iron Man was impressive...

HASBRO: Yes, the line will continue and there will be lots of great Iron Man product in 2009. As you know, Mr. Stark's arsenal (and rogue's gallery) is extensive and gives us lots of possibilites to work with.

SHT: When can fans expect to see a Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury figure in the Iron Man line? HASBRO: There is a 6" version of Ultimate Nick Fury in the Marvel Legends line this Fall... although it is not a Sam Jackson likeness. Have you seen it?

From CoolToyReview.com

Cool Toy Review: Battle Packs are popular in both the G.I. Joe and Star Wars lines. It's also a good way to get less kid-oriented characters into the line and to army build. For example Shi'ar grunts with Lilandra, Skrulls with Super Skrull, Kree with Ronan, Mole Man with Mole Monsters, S.H.I.E.L.D. agents with Maria Hill, this could go on forever. Any chance we'll see battlepacks in the Marvel Universe line?

Hasbro: Strong chance of it...Battlepacks are perfect for 3.75" scale.

Cool Toy Review: Thank you Hasbro! I've been waiting, hoping, and anticipating the announcement of the 3¾" line from the first teases of it. And you more than delivered...the line looks great! However, out of the 30+ figures you showed at SDCC, only 2 of them were female characters, and one of them was simply a 1st appearance variant. Marvel has a ton of great female characters... so it's somewhat disappointing to see a lack of representation for them. Will we be seeing more females coming that weren't shown at SDCC?

Hasbro: Awesome, we're glad you're fired up about the launch of Marvel Universe because we are too! Not to worry, there will be plenty of female characters in the line.we haven't even scratched the surface with this line yet!

Cool Toy Review: I would love to see a original Black Queen and White Queen (and I mean the original outfits from the Hellfire Club). Would that be something you would consider, or is that "too sexy" for younger fans?

Hasbro: Probably a little too mature for mass retail...but within the realm of possibility for Comic Con!

Cool Toy Review: Please, please, please, ask Hasbro to stop using the Star Wars 3¾" scale joints on 6" Marvel Legends figures. They just don't work for that larger scale and restrict movement even more...it's a step back! I'm talking about those pivot/elbow joints that were a breakthrough and work great for smaller scale figures, and that Hasbro decided to transfer to Marvel Legends. The Hydra Soldier figure could have been great if it had been like the prototype. Please ask them to bring back double-jointed elbows and swivel bicep joints for Marvel Legends. I would gladly pay more for a great Marvel Legends articulated figure, then pay less for a less-articulated figure.

Hasbro: We hear you. Hopefully you've noted lots more of these breaks and cuts in the most current waves.

Cool Toy Review: Will there be villains in the 3¾" line? I'm pretty sure Green Goblin & Bullseye are there because they're currently Thunderbolts members.

Hasbro: The goal with Universe is to delve as deeply as possible into the character portfolio, so you'll see tons of villains.we promise!

That's all I can find for ya'all.

That was great, clonekiller. Thanks for putting in the effort of hunting those down and condensing them.

A reminder to people, if you ask a question and don't specifically mention 6" or Marvel Legends, Hasbro is going to turn it into a Puniverse Question. Like the Thunderbolts question at Raving Toy Maniac. SO be specific in your queries.

That was great, clonekiller. Thanks for putting in the effort of hunting those down and condensing them.

A reminder to people, if you ask a question and don't specifically mention 6" or Marvel Legends, Hasbro is going to turn it into a Puniverse Question. Like the Thunderbolts question at Raving Toy Maniac. SO be specific in your queries.

Thanks. no problem.

Hasbro really pisses me off with their answers. Not just in their Q&A's but even to emails. I sent a very simple email asking only if it was true whether or not they were opening a hasbrotoyshop that was going to ship to Canada (as I'd heard they were) and they sent me a cookie cutter email telling me they only ship to US territories.

Granted, this is indicative of of what I would get from most corporations, but, it still annoys me that I can't even get an email as simple as a "yes" or "no" when I ask a yes or no questions.