Venting Page

LegendsCollector07

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I got a problem with the whole Rulk line and more specifically Target.

Since they have been first hitting the shelves my area Targets have been dry so you would imagine my surprise to go into a target and be told they had a case in the back.

I was pretty psyched, the guy in electronics checked the stock using a Texlon (The guns they have) and said they had two cases in the back.

He paged an associate from toys HOWEVER that's where the trouble started. She proceeded to tell me with glee that because there was some stock on the shelves she couldn't get anything from the back.

"You see this right here? This is all you can buy, till this is gone we might as well not have anything in the back."

Despite the fact that the figures on the pegs were from the Hydra Series she didn't care. Target even had a nice little sign reflecting what she told me.

My question is how the **** is it my fault that the OLD line that wasn't selling before at 9.99 isn't selling at 14.99? Why would you charge the price of the exclusive line for the old cruddy ones that you can get elsewhere for 5-8 bucks?

It would be one thing if it was just an employee with an attitude but for them to have an official sign? That **** takes things to a whole other level. I will seriously be shopping at Wal Mart from here on out.

I don't hate Hasbro but I do hate Target employees. Since this is the venting page, I know I'm not the only one whose had to put up with Target employees S***. Believe it or not from the time I've been searching for Red Hulk exclusives since they first appeared on Target shelves until now, I've put up with 6 Target employees crap at 4 different locations! 2 on the phone and 4 at the store!!! And all the employees that had an attitude problem were all female employees. What happen to customer service... :hulk:

Yeah I have had the same problem with contacting Target in my area, they just seem not care about the customer. I got tired of the "I can't go in the back and check rule" They did the same thing to me when I was looking for She Hulk in the Foom wave. I much rather buy on ebay you get better customer service from e-bay merchants than you do Target employees. On the other hand I have had better experience with Wal-mart employees who went over and beyond so I could buy certain figures. But Hasbro please don't give any more Target exclusives it's a real pain in the butt. Toy R Us would have been better. Also why isn't the Rulk wave available on Target.com yet?

I don't hate Hasbro but I do hate Target employees. Since this is the venting page, I know I'm not the only one whose had to put up with Target employees S***. Believe it or not from the time I've been searching for Red Hulk exclusives since they first appeared on Target shelves until now, I've put up with 6 Target employees crap at 4 different locations! 2 on the phone and 4 at the store!!! And all the employees that had an attitude problem were all female employees. What happen to customer service... :hulk:

Same here, the first time i went they didnt get them yet. I asked if they could check and the lady just went over to some dude near the electronics and they started were whispering. then she comes back and tells me they don't have anything and that they checked the computer...B.S!

I havent had any trouble with any people at a target. The only store that ever did something was some employee at a toys r us kind of chuckled at me when I came up to the regester with all the 2-packs and some dc toys. It dosent bother me at all it was just one of those moments.

One thing I dont like is why hasbro dosent make demon people. I really want me an azazel, but nope I will never get one.

Yeah I have had the same problem with contacting Target in my area, they just seem not care about the customer. I got tired of the "I can't go in the back and check rule" They did the same thing to me when I was looking for She Hulk in the Foom wave. I much rather buy on ebay you get better customer service from e-bay merchants than you do Target employees. On the other hand I have had better experience with Wal-mart employees who went over and beyond so I could buy certain figures. But Hasbro please don't give any more Target exclusives it's a real pain in the butt. Toy R Us would have been better. Also why isn't the Rulk wave available on Target.com yet?

Have you ever found anything good on target.com? They have never had anything interesting for sale on there whenever I have looked. I highly doubt they will get these exclusives on there; I would love to be wrong though!

Annoyance: MARVELFAN

Hate: Lack of Target's for me to be able to get the Rulk Line in Korea, and soon to be Wal-Mart's for lack of their stores here in Korea for me to get the Ares and Holocaust line GRRRRR >.<

Oh yeah MarvelFan's multiple posts I really don't like that. Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah, I had a similar experience with Target. The only thing on pegs was a Hydra Soldier and an Adam Warlock. So I scanned the Adam Warlock and voila! "Yes" on additional stock! So I flag down the next Target employee with a "gun" that I see, and he scans it and says "Yes" as well. "Jackpot!" I figure, so he asks me which one I'm looking for, and I said all of them, so just bring out the whole box. He's gone about ten minutes, then returns with a single Union Jack figure, claiming that's all they had.

Now, I'm pretty sure when something pops up as "yes" in additional stock, it means they have an unopened box back there.

I wasn't going to complain, but because I'm weirdly anal like that, I left the Union Jack and Adam Warlock, because I want to get the whole set at once (I have a preorder with BBTS...I'll save money if I can find them at the store, but I don't want to risk coming up short and not getting a full set).

In any case, I come back the next day and behold: Silver Savage, (the same) Union Jack, and Black Spider-Man...but no Warlock, Spiral, or Wolverine. So yeah, they had a case back there and the lazy bum just didn't want to bring it out like I asked. (Oh, and now it scans "no" for additional stock).

Grrr.

Man, I never knew Target was like that, personally, I've always liked them better than Wal-Mart, but then again I haven't seen one RULK line figure yet.

A few weeks back, I went to TRU after dropping my gf off at work, since it is so close. Now I ride a motorcycle, and I don't have saddlebags on my bike (don't care for the look) so if I want to buy anything, whereever I go, I need to carry a backpack. That being said, when I went into TRU, the guy at the front/customer service desk, told me I couldn't bring my bag in and that it was store policy. Like I said, whenever I buy something, I bring my bag, so I've taken into Walmart, Target, grocery stores, the mall, and no problems ever. So I just gave them my bag and checked there empty pegs and left.

So next time I go in there, I bring my bag like always, and beforeI came inside, I looked all over there stupid little signs in the front saying "no cameras, no smoking, no pets" and I don't see anything about no bags. So the woman at the front tells me the same thing as before. I ask her why and she tells me it is just store policy for loss prevention and it is company wide and that there is a sign in the front saying no backpacks allowed. I tell her I checked and there isn't one and that I would like to see something in writting. She told me that if I had a problem with it, call the 800 number and tell them and she'd let me go back this one time with it, and that someone from loss prevention would follow me. I made it to the back, checked and saw they had nothing, and was back up by the registers on the way out before the guy was able to catch up with me.

This should really be one of those use at your own descretion type deals. I mean, if I spend $70 on a visit, why should I be made to feel like a criminal? I've never taken anything from that store, yet I am made to feel unwanted, and untrusted. If I was some 14 year old kid who has no reason to carry a bag, I could understand, but I am a full grown adult with a helmet in my hands! Obviously I ride a bike, and it makes sense, that I would need to have my own bag to carry something with!

For all of you with Target dweebs being lazy, talk to a manager. Tell them about the attitude you recieved. I face it all the time in my area. Usually just a lazy employee who has no intention on having to work by checking a stockroom. Call me a snobby collector, but I worked as a manager at TRU, and as a merchandiser in the "big box" stores and it is a truth. These same snobby employees tell you no to stock being in back and then make fun of us for wanting it. I fired a couple of employees for when I was a manager.

All these stores are here to sell product, and these snot nosed teenagers forget that, and pout thier personal interests ahead of your needs. Forget the fact that your the customer who indirectly pays thier salaries.

This is not true of all employees as there are many good ones out there, but the bad ones out-shine the good ones. Cause it only takes one bad employee to ruin alot of hard work performed by hard-workers.

I usually find a manager, and ask them would they like more sales or not. If I buy these today, your stock system will replenish it faster and your store sells more product. That simple. If not then your losing sales and that then THEY are not doing thier jobs either.

Of coarse I'm polite as possible while doing this, and the second you cop an attitude these days, you will get nothing.

I also find asking anybody in toys is usually a waste. Best bet, call the service desk with the DCPI, once they confirm it's instock - somebody in the store will get it.

I've also used this logic and it worked when confronted with the dreaded "collectors response".

"So these toys are collectors item you won't pull to the floor. What if I asked for a case of Coke or TV guide, would you get that from the back room?" if they say yes, then reply "well alot of people collect Coke cans, and TV Guides, so that's discrimination."

It might sound stupid but if your willing to logic that out with a manager, they will usually cave in. But like I said every store has someone willing to actually help you, you would be surprised but you have to find them.

I'm sick of driving everywhere in the hopes of finding even a single figure. I don't know if it's because the toys sell out fast or that the stores don't get enough of them. I'm also sick of variant figures, scalpers and store exclusives. Oh and one more thing, I hate that not all wal-marts carry the same items, or that not all targets carry the same items etc.

if you dont like MARVELFAN, just "IGNORE" him, press the button, then everytime he posts, you wont see it.

where is this magical button? I DEMAND ANSWERS!

lol, click there avatar or pic, whatever, then on the left it should say options, click it so a list comes down from it, press ignore person, then press update ignore list. and thats it.

if you dont like MARVELFAN, just "IGNORE" him, press the button, then everytime he posts, you wont see it.

lol, click there avatar or pic, whatever, then on the left it should say options, click it so a list comes down from it, press ignore person, then press update ignore list. and thats it.

THANKS for the info... I know just who I want to use that handy option on:)

Okay I got a problem with the whole Rulk line and more specifically Target.

Since they have been first hitting the shelves my area Targets have been dry so you would imagine my surprise to go into a target and be told they had a case in the back.

I was pretty psyched, the guy in electronics checked the stock using a Texlon (The guns they have) and said they had two cases in the back.

He paged an associate from toys HOWEVER that's where the trouble started. She proceeded to tell me with glee that because there was some stock on the shelves she couldn't get anything from the back.

"You see this right here? This is all you can buy, till this is gone we might as well not have anything in the back."

Despite the fact that the figures on the pegs were from the Hydra Series she didn't care. Target even had a nice little sign reflecting what she told me.

My question is how the **** is it my fault that the OLD line that wasn't selling before at 9.99 isn't selling at 14.99? Why would you charge the price of the exclusive line for the old cruddy ones that you can get elsewhere for 5-8 bucks?

It would be one thing if it was just an employee with an attitude but for them to have an official sign? That **** takes things to a whole other level. I will seriously be shopping at Wal Mart from here on out.

Just a thought for you. In principle you may not like it, but you'll get what you want. With that woman who says you have to buy what's on the pegs first... throw all them in your cart, check out, go back and show her your receipt, have her bring the new wave out, buy those too, return all the ones you don't want another day or to another store... or to that very same store right away if you're feeling spiteful - But you probably won't be able to get away with that plan again in the future though.

Now, I'm pretty sure when something pops up as "yes" in additional stock, it means they have an unopened box back there.

No it means there is more in the back. Could be 1, could be 100. The only way you'll be able to find out how many they actualy have is to have them use their PDA (scanner gun), Toggle, do an item search and have them scan the bar code. Information will come up telling them wether the item is active, discontinued or clearance. It tells them the sales floor location of item, if there is any in the back and how many (total in back and on the floor) are on hand. Now the only problem is that I don't think it's a 100% accurate, and dosen't help you if the item hasn't been backstocked (located) yet.

jiM

thank you!

thank you!

(they don't tell you you have to see it eveytime someone quotes him though :ohmy: )

thank you!

(they don't tell you you have to see it eveytime someone quotes him though :ohmy: )

Seriously does Marvelfan ever make a statement significant enough to qoute? I mean qouting things like "cool" or "Im going to eat now. That was good." Makes us look like bigger idiots than he does.

I think it's more like quoting in the crossfire.

Oh I got you, that makes sense. Also I thought you have to be 18 to participate on the forums, why is there a 10 year old kid (i.e. MarvelFan) on the forums annoying us adults? I mean if you are going to be on a forum full of grown men, you should carry conversations like a grown man. Just my opinion.