Venting Page

LegendsCollector07

Yeah I have had the same problem with contacting Target in my area, they just seem not care about the customer. I got tired of the "I can't go in the back and check rule" They did the same thing to me when I was looking for She Hulk in the Foom wave. I much rather buy on ebay you get better customer service from e-bay merchants than you do Target employees. On the other hand I have had better experience with Wal-mart employees who went over and beyond so I could buy certain figures. But Hasbro please don't give any more Target exclusives it's a real pain in the butt. Toy R Us would have been better. Also why isn't the Rulk wave available on Target.com yet?

Have you ever found anything good on target.com? They have never had anything interesting for sale on there whenever I have looked. I highly doubt they will get these exclusives on there; I would love to be wrong though!

Yeah !!! you are soooo right ! never had anything interesting ....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here are my 2 cents:

Target used to have that sign on there price finder that told you if there was extra in stock, but they did away with that and now I can't find anything!!!!!!

And at 14.99, they could stock more than just 2 figs!!!

My beef with Hasbro is that:

1) they insist on top of crotch pins for the ball joint legs on Ml's which make it annoying to pose as oppose to how TB used side of crotch pins for natural movement. At lreast give me Sigma Six ball joints for better movement. (They do Sigma Six style for everything else).

2) How acn you find Star Wars, Indy Jones, and GI Joe all over the place, but I cant find Fin Fang Foom or the Ares series anywhere???

You would think the number 2 toy company could do better with their distribution, but noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

As for Marvel:

The best comic company in the world is really trying to milk us dry with all these dang crossovers!!

Why are the back stories of Secret Invasion far better than the main issues of SI?????

whew, thanks LC 7 for letting me get that off of my chest! LOL

Ok here are my 2 cents:

Target used to have that sign on there price finder that told you if there was extra in stock, but they did away with that and now I can't find anything!!!!!!

And at 14.99, they could stock more than just 2 figs!!!

My beef with Hasbro is that:

1) they insist on top of crotch pins for the ball joint legs on Ml's which make it annoying to pose as oppose to how TB used side of crotch pins for natural movement. At lreast give me Sigma Six ball joints for better movement. (They do Sigma Six style for everything else).

2) How acn you find Star Wars, Indy Jones, and GI Joe all over the place, but I cant find Fin Fang Foom or the Ares series anywhere???

You would think the number 2 toy company could do better with their distribution, but noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

As for Marvel:

The best comic company in the world is really trying to milk us dry with all these dang crossovers!!

Why are the back stories of Secret Invasion far better than the main issues of SI?????

whew, thanks LC 7 for letting me get that off of my chest! LOL

No problem it is better than having hate threads everywhere. At least we can do a little damage control with complaints in this thread.

yeah i when i found the red hulk figures at target i only seen silver savage,adam warlock,spiderman on the shelfs i checked on their price checker and it said they had more in stock. so i went and found an employee with a gun as i was asking for help some old ,fat,ugly redneck hag who was working another aisle gos "hes a collector cant you tel l" saying it like i was a pedohile or something man that pissed me off. :hulk: but the girl who was helping me saved me from going on a rant by bringing me spiral and union jack (awesome figures by the way) and she also worked it so i got them for 9.99 instead of 14.99 .( boy did they fix that tag after)

U know Melkor, a few years ago I put down collecting..... figs, comics, magazines, everything. I started back up again because of Marvel Legends, but now I may be going back to cold turkey. The prices and the service are out of control.

Great job on getting those figs for 10 bucks. Wish I was there shopping with you.

Man, I never knew Target was like that, personally, I've always liked them better than Wal-Mart, but then again I haven't seen one RULK line figure yet.

A few weeks back, I went to TRU after dropping my gf off at work, since it is so close. Now I ride a motorcycle, and I don't have saddlebags on my bike (don't care for the look) so if I want to buy anything, whereever I go, I need to carry a backpack. That being said, when I went into TRU, the guy at the front/customer service desk, told me I couldn't bring my bag in and that it was store policy. Like I said, whenever I buy something, I bring my bag, so I've taken into Walmart, Target, grocery stores, the mall, and no problems ever. So I just gave them my bag and checked there empty pegs and left.

So next time I go in there, I bring my bag like always, and beforeI came inside, I looked all over there stupid little signs in the front saying "no cameras, no smoking, no pets" and I don't see anything about no bags. So the woman at the front tells me the same thing as before. I ask her why and she tells me it is just store policy for loss prevention and it is company wide and that there is a sign in the front saying no backpacks allowed. I tell her I checked and there isn't one and that I would like to see something in writting. She told me that if I had a problem with it, call the 800 number and tell them and she'd let me go back this one time with it, and that someone from loss prevention would follow me. I made it to the back, checked and saw they had nothing, and was back up by the registers on the way out before the guy was able to catch up with me.

This should really be one of those use at your own descretion type deals. I mean, if I spend $70 on a visit, why should I be made to feel like a criminal? I've never taken anything from that store, yet I am made to feel unwanted, and untrusted. If I was some 14 year old kid who has no reason to carry a bag, I could understand, but I am a full grown adult with a helmet in my hands! Obviously I ride a bike, and it makes sense, that I would need to have my own bag to carry something with!

I'm sorry to get off topic here, but I have a big problem with people who complain to the staff about store policy. I worked in customer service for two years, and it sucks when corporate is barking to enforce store policy... until a customer complains, then we get barked at by the customer and by corporate for doing what they told us. Who cares if theres a sign? There aren't signs that say "Don't steal" or "Don't break anything", etc. either. They don't need one if there's someone there to let you know verbally (or its just plain common sense). We had the same deal going in the two stores I worked in. People complained constantly. It's not like its a hassle to walk around without an extra bag. It shouldn't make you feel like a criminal if you aren't doing anything wrong. Usually that stuff only makes criminals feel like criminals... which is part of the loss prevention. People are less likely to steal if they feel like steps are being made to prevent it. And, if staff decided to pick and choose who they made leave their bags... ? Are you kidding? You just can't do that. I'm not even going through all the reasons why. Fourteen year olds kids and full grown men can both steal... and they both do. Considering staff usually isn't allowed to check bags and no one can keep an I on you or whoever all the time, its a logical way to prevent theft.

My number one complaint with Hasbro thus far? Two words...

Emma Frost.

... and I don't need to say anything else about that one, except... they owe us a new one.

There are other figures that are just plain bad too. Namor? Banshee? Gray Hulk? They're improving, but... it's taking longer than it should.

I'm not crazy about there choice of characters to make either. Some I get... some I just don't. The Sandman series? WTF? And did we really need another FF set so soon? Down the road? Sure! A few months after a whole line devoted to them? I don't think so... And if you are gonna do another FF set? Do a whole new series with a new BAF. That would give us 4-5 new FF villains or some FF back-up members. Human Torch's hair looks completely ridiculous too. He was b.a. in all the photos prior to his release, but then? Bleh. And it looks like they are gonna stick the same crappy hair on his next three figures. Yeah... three new Human Torch toys. Again, wtf? That's four Hasbro Human Torch figs. Ridiculous.

... and where's my damn Iron Man wave? There was a movie and everything! Those movie repaints don't even count. You've got half a dozen armors to do. Including an updated Hulkbuster armor from WWH that would make a great BAF. You chould have stretched Fin Fang Foom between the two lines... make him twice as big and accurate to the comics. Plus, Shellhead's got some classic villains and supporting characters. Come on!

I got a problem with the BAF's that have been put out recently. Why in the world is Ares a BAF? I mean really who makes a 6 inch figure a BAF? Also why was Red Hulk a BAF? I think this sales ploy for popular characters that are big enough to be sold in single figure form being made into BAF's is a load of crap. I should not have had to spend so much time putting together Red Hulk, I should have been able to open one package and have him. For this I am glad they are not doing BAF's anymore to avoid things like this.

I got a problem with the BAF's that have been put out recently. Why in the world is Ares a BAF? I mean really who makes a 6 inch figure a BAF? Also why was Red Hulk a BAF? I think this sales ploy for popular characters that are big enough to be sold in single figure form being made into BAF's is a load of crap. I should not have had to spend so much time putting together Red Hulk, I should have been able to open one package and have him. For this I am glad they are not doing BAF's anymore to avoid things like this.

I wish they took advantage of bafs to make larger characters.

i wish they took advantage of bafs like making huge characters like sentinels or something.

Yeah that was what the BAF originally did then it went straight to crap after the Foom wave. I mean don't get me wrong, Onslaught, Blob, and Modok are great. They are smaller characters but have odd shapes so they work well as BAF's. Also Ronan as a BAF wasn't bad because he wouldn't of sold well otherwise. But Ares and Red Hulk would of sold well as regular figures why in the world would you milk them with a BAF ploy to further anger us as collectors. I means offing the Marvel Legends single figure 6 inch line until further notice was enough. Now you are going to milk regular sized characters as BAF's? Dang it Hasbro! Dang it! I'm not pleased, when I'm not pleased I get like this :hulk:

i wish they took advantage of bafs like making huge characters like sentinels or something.

Yeah that was what the BAF originally did then it went straight to crap after the Foom wave. I mean don't get me wrong, Onslaught, Blob, and Modok are great. They are smaller characters but have odd shapes so they work well as BAF's. Also Ronan as a BAF wasn't bad because he wouldn't of sold well otherwise. But Ares and Red Hulk would of sold well as regular figures why in the world would you milk them with a BAF ploy to further anger us as collectors. I means offing the Marvel Legends single figure 6 inch line until further notice was enough. Now you are going to milk regular sized characters as BAF's? Dang it Hasbro! Dang it! I'm not pleased, when I'm not pleased I get like this :hulk:

i liked the red hulk figure but i had to spend $45 more to complete him. :(

Don't get me wrong Red Hulk and Ares are awesome figures, but at the same time they would have been more awesome at single figure price.

Don't get me wrong Red Hulk and Ares are awesome figures, but at the same time they would have been more awesome at single figure price.

any baf would be awsome at a single figure price, lol.

I hate how the BAF pieces are distributed into each pack, which is one of the reasons why I don't buy ML anymore. A lot of fans had to buy that crap X3 Juggernaut just for the hands. Asgard Thor came with just the head. Ronan, Doom just had a cape, Reed Richards just had his hammer. Now, looking at the pics of the Ares series, you have to get those awful looking HR Iron Man and Ultimate War Machine figures to get his head and accessories. And his helmet is separate from his head! They cpuldn't package his head and helmet together? It's complete garbage. The best thing about the BAF going away is people can choose what figures they want to get and not have to worry about the BAF.

As for the customer service complaints, I've never had a problem before (not that I ask for help) but I've seen some collectors in the aisle ask for help with new stock (with the old stock on the shelf collecting dust) and the employees literally say "I don't care". It is what it is. If the FFF wave is out and they go in the back and get the Red Hulk wave for you they still have the problem of selling the FFF wave.

And no offense because I collect stuff too, but if I were a Target/Wal-Mart/Toys R us employee and a grown adult asked me about a box of action figures I'd laugh too. Sometimes I look at my shelves and smirk a little too.

i disagree with you cjflan i think as customers we should not have to be subjected to what an employee thinks of us or what we are buying. they dont know what we are buying these figures for they dont have to be for us it is possible we are buying these for kids or someone else.i have worked at all the major chains and tru and i have never looked down on a customer (even the annoying hot wheels guys) i helped them get what they wanted.i work for walmart now and if a customer is gonna come in and buy a whole case cool that is money going towards my bonus in december.

i disagree with you cjflan i think as customers we should not have to be subjected to what an employee thinks of us or what we are buying. they dont know what we are buying these figures for they dont have to be for us it is possible we are buying these for kids or someone else.i have worked at all the major chains and tru and i have never looked down on a customer (even the annoying hot wheels guys) i helped them get what they wanted.i work for walmart now and if a customer is gonna come in and buy a whole case cool that is money going towards my bonus in december.

You're supposed to disagree. I didn't say it was right I'm saying how it is. I'd love to smack some of those guys sometimes. But be real, if someone comes up to you and says "Do you have the exclusive Ares wave? I'm missing my Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider-Man." who do you think they're buying it for?

As to your other point, I'm glad you still put the customer first, it's a fresh change of pace. It's nice you can help out your fellow collector. But I've been in retail before and it's a simple fact that old stuff has to go before the new stuff. If you can get away with it, that's cool too.