Expanding the "Classics" Line

MacDeeez

Someone in a previous post wondered if Hasbro would continue with the Spider-Man Classics line and possibly move into other Classics type lines. I think that would be a terrific idea. There are a plethora of figs that could be put into any of theses lines....

X-Men Classics - PLENTY of figures left to be made, Aurora, Northstar, Dust, Rockslide, Polaris, Jim Lee Jean Grey, Sauron, etc...

Avengers Classics - any of the Initiative, Modern Cage, Jessica Jones, Grim Reaper, Mr. Hyde, Tiger Shark, etc....

Captain America Classics - Winter Soldier, Modern Cap, Dr.Faustus, Sin, Modern Red Skull, Nomad, Baron Blood, Flag Smasher, etc....

Thor Classics - Modern Thor, Baldar, Warriors Three, Fenris, Odin, Enchantress, Hela, Sif, etc...

Spider-Man Classics - plenty of different Spideys left, Morlun, Mary Jane, Prowler, Rocket Racer, Silver Sable, Swarm, Carrion, Jakal, Jackpot, Chemeleon, etc...

Iron Man Classics - still plenty of armors to be made, Tony Stark Tux, in SHIELD Uniform, Modern Mandarin, Grey Gargoyle, Blizard, Ezekial Stane, Justin Hammer, Ghost, Living Lazer, Blacklash, etc....

Hulk Classics - Red King, Valkyrie, any of the Warbound, General Ross, Rick Jones, Hulk 2099, etc....

Someone in a previous post wondered if Hasbro would continue with the Spider-Man Classics line and possibly move into other Classics type lines. I think that would be a terrific idea. There are a plethora of figs that could be put into any of theses lines....

X-Men Classics - PLENTY of figures left to be made, Aurora, Northstar, Dust, Rockslide, Polaris, Jim Lee Jean Grey, Sauron, etc...

Avengers Classics - any of the Initiative, Modern Cage, Jessica Jones, Grim Reaper, Mr. Hyde, Tiger Shark, etc....

Captain America Classics - Winter Soldier, Modern Cap, Dr.Faustus, Sin, Modern Red Skull, Nomad, Baron Blood, Flag Smasher, etc....

Thor Classics - Modern Thor, Baldar, Warriors Three, Fenris, Odin, Enchantress, Hela, Sif, etc...

Spider-Man Classics - plenty of different Spideys left, Morlun, Mary Jane, Prowler, Rocket Racer, Silver Sable, Swarm, Carrion, Jakal, Jackpot, Chemeleon, etc...

Iron Man Classics - still plenty of armors to be made, Tony Stark Tux, in SHIELD Uniform, Modern Mandarin, Grey Gargoyle, Blizard, Ezekial Stane, Justin Hammer, Ghost, Living Lazer, Blacklash, etc....

Hulk Classics - Red King, Valkyrie, any of the Warbound, General Ross, Rick Jones, Hulk 2099, etc....

Iron Man Classics would get my top vote. I really want more big league villains like Perez Ultron, Count Nefaria, Grim Reaper, Mandarin and more.

i say combine the Thor, Iron Man and Captain America into the Avengers Classic, that way the series can branch out alot more.

I'd imagine we won't see that until the movie.

In a perfect world though, I'd hope for individual character lines, just because it offers up more in the way of secondary characters and villains.

most of those could easily get folded into ML. the only ones id keep seperate are XMEN, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, and maybe Hulk.

most of those could easily get folded into ML. the only ones id keep seperate are XMEN, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, and maybe Hulk.

I think what he was suggesting is that renaming and updating the "Legends" line with snazzy new names and packaging would be a way to perpetuate the 6" line and get retailers excited in it again.

In that regard, folding them back into the Legends line would be oppositional to his intent.

NO MORE IRONMEN

Uh, no? IM is still a huge seller and has many many more armors/redos of already done armors that need to be made.

I concur. They can stop milking that Movie Armor, but there are plenty of Iron Man Armors I want to see. Neo-Classic, Hydro-Armor, HulkBuster 2.0, the original Space Armor, Coffeepot Armor, etc, etc...

Well, presumably an "Iron Man Classics" wave would be comic-based. Which would also give us the opportunity for cool ML versions of some of his classic villains, like Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo. (I was always surprised Iron Man didn't get a few more villains in the ML line, given how many versions of the hero himself they made).

Well, presumably an "Iron Man Classics" wave would be comic-based. Which would also give us the opportunity for cool ML versions of some of his classic villains, like Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo. (I was always surprised Iron Man didn't get a few more villains in the ML line, given how many versions of the hero himself they made).

Simply put, I want comic armors and villains. I don't want more of these movie figure repaints beyond what we have. I thought I was the only one that thought that the ToyBiz modern armor was too skinny. He looks bug-like especially in the mouth area. I have this fear of Hasbro making more original movie armors. "Summer Grillin' Iron Man", "Auto Repair Iron Man", "Pirate Treasure Hunting Iron Man" and of course "Ninja Armor Iron Man". There are Iron Man armory sites that have lists and pics of comic suits that we be great to have made into figures.

Simply put, I want comic armors and villains. I don't want more of these movie figure repaints beyond what we have. I thought I was the only one that thought that the ToyBiz modern armor was too skinny. He looks bug-like especially in the mouth area. I have this fear of Hasbro making more original movie armors. "Summer Grillin' Iron Man", "Auto Repair Iron Man", "Pirate Treasure Hunting Iron Man" and of course "Ninja Armor Iron Man". There are Iron Man armory sites that have lists and pics of comic suits that we be great to have made into figures.

i dont read iron man, but i remeber the show had many villians like sting ray and crymson dynamo, which i pretty sure are characters we never got. so the question right now is "When, Hasbro?"