Ares Wave Out!!

tarot

That Heroes Reborn Iron Man is as tiny as the Movie Iron Man. If not for Ares' Broadsword, I wouldn't be getting him. Now I have the feeling reissue of Classic Iron Man would be just as skinny . . .

It's absolutely ridiculous that you have to buy "filler" figures just so you can get Ares accessories. I saw some pics at www.superherotoys.com where HR Iron Man just had a helmet and a knife and Ultimate War Machine (which looks like crap) has just his head.

You have to buy Ultimate War Machine just for Ares' head? WTF?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the whole wave today!!!! (rapid city, South Dakota!) They had the whole wave plus 2 spideys, different packaging. And 2 Johnny Storms, I picked up the the clear bad ass one. So if you are in the area. they still have: War machine, spidey, Human torch, and iron man. I still do not have the red hulk wave and that makes me so sad.

What's up Dakota! I was born in North Dakota, and spent most of my formative years in Sioux Falls.

Congrats on your find. I would bet if you went back and snapped up the remaining figures, fellow forumites would be glad to take them off your hands...maybe even trade you for the Target Wave.

100_5375.jpg

100_5376.jpg

100_5377.jpg

100_5378.jpg

100_5379.jpg

as for a review....

-ult warmachine looks nice, good paint job, but i think they cheaped out and painted the tony stark head black and glued the helmet on so you cant take it off. Anyone have the same situation?

-Scarlet spiderman crap, hands are so smal and not i porportion

-Guardain decent figure reused body

-vision is ok but dont care for it

-Crossbones awsome fig!!!! but guns dont really fit in hand

-human torch same fig as ronin just diff head, prob the same as teh the 2 pack comign out

-Iron man meh dont care for it maybe if soemoen paints it better itll be nicer

-Kang...same fig as ff classics

-Ares Awsome!!!!!

OMG!! Thanks to everyone who has posted the UPC, I was able to call my walmart, annoy the staff and get them to admit that the series was ordered. So on my way home from work I stopped by and got the series!! Also I got 3 others second Warmachine, Ironman and Ben Rielly Spider-man. The series looks great and I cannot wait to open them.

By the way, as I was leaving I saw a guy who I know is a scalper and he kept eyeing me so score one for the collectors!!

as for a review....

-ult warmachine looks nice, good paint job, but i think they cheaped out and painted the tony stark head black and glued the helmet on so you cant take it off. Anyone have the same situation?

Yes, I finally pulled it off and saw tony's head and the glue. I am going to repaint it, so it will look like james.

Found mine last night at a 24 hr Wally World!

I had to get away from the Cubs proving you can't play baseball with both hands planted firmly around thier throats, and decided to hit a Walmart that said they wouldn't be in til Saturday. Lucky me, they had a case waiting to be put out. I snatched up the whole thing cause I wanted the ML display that comes with the packaging and my buddy collects any type of Iron Man figure.

So that made up for the Cubs suckage,..... almost.

I have 6 walmarts in the area i'm willing to drive to, and 5 of them said that they aren't getting any in anymore and that everyting is out until xmas. The other one said there chagning up the toy isle next week. Anyone else get this bs about them not carrying them anymore. I thought all walmarts would have them soon at least.

I have 6 walmarts in the area i'm willing to drive to, and 5 of them said that they aren't getting any in anymore and that everyting is out until xmas. The other one said there chagning up the toy isle next week. Anyone else get this bs about them not carrying them anymore. I thought all walmarts would have them soon at least.

The real question is whether or not they actually got any in at all and if the associate is just not bothering to check. Did you call or actually go to the stores?

Yeah Mass. Wal Marts tend to really suck at getting anything in. My closest is in Quincy, and they ahven't received anything new toywise in months.

i dont have those figs in hand but judging from the pics? they look stupid. crossbones, ares and ironman seem to be top notch but the rest is crap in my opinion.

what i hate about these figs are the lack of details. i mean those are for the most part repaints and retools from other figures. god i think i will buy 20 quicksilvers for a cheap price and paint them all myself. they will look hundred times better then this.

-ironman looks great

-crossbones amazing

-spider reily i was looking forward to this one but he looks dumb with his sculpted stripes and body painted stripe mix. i mean sculpt all of them or paint all of them. then those tiny hands?

-kang why him? i have him. why put him in a baf line? 2-packs would be better

-human torche in flame mode. ok why not

-guardian looks bizarre with his tiny head

-warmachine i dont wanna judge on him because i dont read ultimate ironman, so i dont know if he looks exacly the same as ironman. but still a new head sulpt would be cool

-vision looks better then the toybiz one but hell, he was ok. why not do wintersoldier or another legend

-8 figures for a baf? i thought hasbro is learning and still they did not learned from that ronan fiasco.

as soon as i thought hasbro is on a good track, red hulk wave boum they show that they can do nothing.

glad that this dumb concept of this stupid baf is over for 2009 because this is bs. 8 figures that i allready have and dont care about for getting ares. stupid move.