Ares Wave Out!!

tarot

I found all but Kang, Crossbones and Guardian at one walmart. I went to another one and didn't see anything until I looked down at the dragonball toys and saw Crossbones hiding on the bottom shelf, I grabbed him and then lo and behold Guardian was right behind him! I think the marvel legends fairy was helping me out. I asked an employee who had a pallet of boxes he was about to put out if he knew where the peg was for them. We looked through 2 aisles and didnt find it, he said he hadnt even seen that wave yet. Then I went back early this morning hoping that they had put them out last night but nothing, but then I went to check that spot between the dragonball toys and was amazed to see a single Kang figure hiding there!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap im bein owned i cant find that but RED HULK SERIES I THINK IS JUST COMIN OUT IN SOUTHEN CA! i got union jack and wolverine today but i have to wait for halloween and my birth day to get em (my mom said) still lookin gotta check out the good wal marts soon and you gotta say this stuff is hard to find and i really want kang,human torch,ben riley,snd well all of them

just got the whole set today except the Nova Human Torch.

My Quick Review----

Ultimate War Machine--- One of my favourite sculpt but this is a waste of a space in the line. The paint is good and suit him but the least they could have done was given him a head to match the images on the Package. 4.5/10

Kang--- I have the FFC version of this one so i wasn't expecting much. It's a nice figure and it good for people who haven't got it but i have to admit I like the paint on this more then the FFC one. 7.5/10

Human Torch--- Since series 2 we really never had a fully Flamed Human Torch. This is a major improvement over the series 2 one. But it all comes back to one thing. like Diamond Emma Frost and Blue Ult Wolverine, This should have been a variant to the FFML wave. 7.5/10

HR Iron Man--- A very nice figure and one of my most request armors. the attention to detail on this armor is fantastic and is a nice addition to any collection. however the arm articulation let's it down. but high score none the least. 8.5/10

Vision--- When I first saw this at SDCC, my jaw dropped to the floor. This is a Fantastic Figure. For me the TB one was too bulky, but this is slender and robotic lookin just like the Vision is suppose to be. 9/10

Ben Reilly's Spider-man-- I was really looking forward to this but for some reason I feel left down. It not that it's a bad figure. far from it. I just find it disappointing. The paint is, I feel is sloupy. but that could just be the black paint. 7/10

Guardian--- those who said that this is a bad figure should beat themselves up now!!!! This is a fantastc figure and easily the best or at least second best of the wave. so what if it doesn't have the metallic paint? 10/10

Crossbones--- Easliy the best repaint ever!!! The Hulkling body suit this figure down to a T. plus like someone else already said this figure alone will make a fabulous Rage. (Customiser give it a try). Best of the wave. 10/10

Ares--- Okay who believe this should have been a normal realise? Okay now that's that done, I can start drooling this is a fantastic Figure and one of my Favourite BAF EVER!!!. It seems that besides the size, Hasbro puts alot of efforts into their BAF. 9.5/10

I have pretty much given up trying to find these! They are nowhere to be seen in Nashville, TN. Also; I don't have the money for them!

Found them once in Knoxville TN, but not since. Everyone looking be aware that they are usually End Capped, or stuck in with the DragonBall Z or Bakugon(sp) stuff. Walmart doesn't have official pegs for them at any of the stores I've seen them in.

GEEK

Just found my complete set at the walmart in Columbus,MS if anyone is still looking they had another complete set when I left about 2 hrs. ago.

Have you opened your set? Someone at the Fwoosh forums stated Ares Wave Kang and Crossbones has ToyBiz 2006 stamped on the figure ! Did anyone notice this? Check it out . . .

well yeah since Crossbone is just using Hulkling Body and Kang is a straight rerelease.

I'm only interested in two figures from this wave. that is Vision and Regular Torch. Guardian if i change my mind.

no baf?

I've stopped with the BAF's things. If i do see one for cheap on ebay i may get it,but i'm out.

Anyway there could have been way better BAF's than Ares. Plus the fact i dont like the character.

i refuse to buy kang and warmachine just for the baf pieces. for me it is a regular figure as others and if you wanna see a baf then look at dcuc. 5 figs for a baf? and a huge baf too? thats great but just repaints and rereleased figures? 8 figs to do a baf? not with me. i am ok with retooling and repaintings but not like this. i am happy if hasbro stops this baf concept because it had a great run but if i have to rebuy every figure toybiz made then i am done with the legends.

i refuse to buy kang and warmachine just for the baf pieces. for me it is a regular figure as others and if you wanna see a baf then look at dcuc. 5 figs for a baf? and a huge baf too? thats great but just repaints and rereleased figures? 8 figs to do a baf? not with me. i am ok with retooling and repaintings but not like this. i am happy if hasbro stops this baf concept because it had a great run but if i have to rebuy every figure toybiz made then i am done with the legends.

i see what youre saying, but dcuc has small BaFs as well.(metamorpho) a baf is just that. it doesnt have to be big, its just an extra fig. i do agree with the fact that dc only uses 5 figs(theyre cheaper too) hasbro knows that people are still gonna buy them no matter what. i mean c'mon....you have to buy a fig just to get the weapons.

i see what youre saying, but dcuc has small BaFs as well.(metamorpho) a baf is just that. it doesnt have to be big, its just an extra fig. i do agree with the fact that dc only uses 5 figs(theyre cheaper too) hasbro knows that people are still gonna buy them no matter what. i mean c'mon....you have to buy a fig just to get the weapons.

you are right with the extra fig. i think in the dcuc wave 1 that was just something they tried. they had to make quick decisions i guess. who knows what mattel brings next. maybe in the end they do smaller bafs too. i saw that mattel learned much about how to do figs and all. still they have problems with delivery. i mean look at europe? they gave us every damn batman classic suit and they sell out nearly everywhere around here and yet they dont trust the dcuc line to be succesfull. same with the legends at hasbro.