Ares Wave Out!!

tarot

Metamorpho may be small, but Waves 2, 3, 4 and 5 ain't that small. They are at least 8" to 9" tall, as tall as FO Hulk or Wendigo, if not bigger. They are bigger and heavier. Gorilla Grudd, Solomon Grundy, Despero and Metallo, even Atom Smasher are by no means smaller than Ronan or Ares. They are huge!! But not Sentinel or Pitt HUGE, but still they are making Hasbro's BAF offerings look second rate. Solomon Grundy looks freakin' awesome IMO and for less figures to complete.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe. for some reason i love the fact that i got them off ebay. now the next thing i have to get is the HUman Torch Variant and the Green Hulk variant and finally the Sunfire (which i want most) and then i have all of what came out this year..................PLease bring out more I'm bored.

Oh yes i also got the Spiral variant today. :P

hehe. for some reason i love the fact that i got them off ebay. now the next thing i have to get is the HUman Torch Variant and the Green Hulk variant and finally the Sunfire (which i want most) and then i have all of what came out this year..................PLease bring out more I'm bored.

great catch. you too aaozz9

great catch. you too aaozz9

thanks dude !

I have a Human T variant for sell if you want to try ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180299255441

Tarot spends more money or ML than anyone on these boards. It's not just that he's a completest, lots of people are. It's that he buys everything from over seas and buys it the moment it comes out. He pays scalper prices when they are at there highest instead on waiting a month or two for the ebay prices to drop to normal high scalper prices, like I try to do. I remember last year when he spent $75 on the Black Queen Toys R' Us exclusive. The same one thats still clogging the shelves all across North America.

Tarot are you rich or do you just spend all your coin on figures?

Tarot spends more money or ML than anyone on these boards.

HA!

Sorry was that supposed to be a joke?

Tarot spends more money or ML than anyone on these boards. It's not just that he's a completest, lots of people are. It's that he buys everything from over seas and buys it the moment it comes out. He pays scalper prices when they are at there highest instead on waiting a month or two for the ebay prices to drop to normal high scalper prices, like I try to do. I remember last year when he spent $75 on the Black Queen Toys R' Us exclusive. The same one thats still clogging the shelves all across North America.

no i just want my figure now now now!!!! that plus with the exchange rate it's cheaper then you think.

yeah....i was thinking that tarot spends the most cash on these boards(based of past post) looks as if youre the first overseas person to get anything...or one of the 1st 5. good going!

yeah....i was thinking that tarot spends the most cash on these boards(based of past post) looks as if youre the first overseas person to get anything...or one of the 1st 5. good going!

hey im at least one of the top three and the only one in Ireland LOL.

are there any reasonable alternatives for getting the ares wave rather than checking walmart or through ebay?

You could always check trade threads, I know some ppl have this series and would love to trade it for other things...I picked up 3 sets of this series, 1 for myself and 2 I was able to give to other collectors that needed them...sadly I haven't seen any restocks at my local walmarts

I hate you aaozz9. Just kidding. I wish I was as lucky as you to have ares. Really want one.

Lol ! dude I went to walmart to buy some groceries and I decide to go and check the toy side and all the series was there yeaaahhhh !! soo awesome ...

Did you find them on pegs or in display box? All my walmarts here do not even have pegs for ML and have not gotten any in a while, so I guess that means that they will hit any time now.

are there any reasonable alternatives for getting the ares wave rather than checking walmart or through ebay?

Nope. Your only hope is when the greatly superior Holocaust wave hits just before Christmas most people will stop going after the Ares wave and go straight for the artist formally know as HML4. This should slightly lower the Ebay price of the Ares wave.

no i just want my figure now now now!!!! that plus with the exchange rate it's cheaper then you think.

It's time for me to know your secret.

Tell me,how do you get your figures so fast,and what is the average cost?

I hate having to wait almost a month -_-

It's time for me to know your secret.

Tell me,how do you get your figures so fast,and what is the average cost?

I hate having to wait almost a month -_-

well i get them either from ebay or BBTS. usually they are over 200 dollars including P+P.

However i only have to pay at most 150 euroes. The Dollar is dearer then the Euro.

But for how I get them so fast, well I don't know. I seem to order them and the arrive the next week. Before it would take a month to arrive. Now only a week!!!! I think the postage service has improved.

On a side note i have just order Nova Human Torch off ebay for 20 euros.

JUST OPENED IT! And I have to say I was dissappointed at the character choice but they are each done very well(Vision, Crossbones, and Human Torch are very good). As for the reason I bought this wave(Ares), his leg and hand articulation leaves something to be desired but he looks great next to my Marvel Select Olivier Coipel Thor(which is one of the best Marvel figures ever made) and with the Lord Thor axe in one hand with his broadsword in the other! Next...HOLOCAUST! yes.

I hate you aaozz9. Just kidding. I wish I was as lucky as you to have ares. Really want one.

Lol ! dude I went to walmart to buy some groceries and I decide to go and check the toy side and all the series was there yeaaahhhh !! soo awesome ...

Wish I was as lucky as you. My wal-mart sucks. Doesnt even have ml's any more. Just movie ironman and that spiderman cartoon.

I bought my entire wave, plus a loose Spiral figure on ebay for a total of $200, shipping included. I put a lot of entire wave auctions on my ebay watch list and did the various calculations, with different shipping totals, different figure totals (some lots had just the basic figs, some had the Torch variant included, some had the Torch and the spidey packing variant included), and this seemed th best deal. Spiral was a separate auction, but altogether, $200 isn't bad, especially since I am not a driver and can't get to any Wal Mart to hunt these down in person. It amounts to about $18.20 per figure. So if I factor in the cost of gas to hunt down the entire wave (assuming I will need to hit several stores to complete the wave), convenience of it being delivered to my door, avoiding the mental and emotional stress of longing for these figures while everyone accumulates them, and the shipping, I think I made out okay.

Spiral

Spidey

Spidey packaging variant

Human Torch

Human Torch Nova Flame variant

Kang

Crossbones

Vision

Heroes Reborn Iron Man

Ultimate War Machine

Guardian

+ Build-a-figure Ares

Not a bad haul. Of course I was at work when the box arrived on Thursday, so I had to pick it up at the post office Friday morning, but boy was it sweet to crack those packages open...

Human Torch is well-executed, and I can't decide which version I like better. The regular is very classic, but the white flame on Nova Torch looks GREAT, and I've gotten used to the lightning effect on the body. And thank the LORD that they got rid of the head used in the Ronan/Fantastic Four wave, and are using the Icons head with more realistic hair. Improves the figure IMMENSELY.

Kang is the same, but I like the color scheme better. The darker blue face, the richer purple tone... a little scarier.

Crossbones is fantastic, Heroes Reborn Iron Man looks very much like a toy, but I find him very sturdy and stable. I could take or leave Ultimate War Machine and mislabeled Scarlet Spider, but still good to have them. I need to get used to Vision and still haven't decided if he will replace ML7 Vision in my display. I have to see if I can stick him on a flight stand because it's very important to me that Vision float above the other Avengers. Guardian is okay, but he seems like the cheap one. The prototype looked really sharp, but the final product seems lame by comparison. They really took the shortcuts with this one. He's okay, but he could have been GREAT. Oh well.

Ares is cool. I see what everyone meant about how the head can't look up, and it's frustrating. He can't even really look straight ahead, he always has to look down. Luckily he's tall.

And, not part of the Ares wave, but Spiral is amazing! The articulation alone is almost too much for me, and if they had added a bicep swivel I might have just died from overload. But she's really great. The only thing I don't like about her is the helmet hair when you take the helmet off. I think I would have preferred an alternate head. But with the helmet on she looks amazing.

All-in-all, I'm pretty satisfied. Of course I'm always looking ahead to the next thing, so I can't wait for the next wave of two-packs and the Holocaust wave (which is kinda twisted to be coming out for Christmas when you think of the name of the BAF for the wave... it's just wrong.) It'll be good to FINALLY get a Black Bolt and a Tigra figure! About time!