Collectors helping Collectors

Catalyst

Lol yea I'm fine. I just like using the term "cluster #$##" and it seemed like an appropriate time since that is quite accurately the way that this whole collecting thing goes down.

Not for us, necessarily, but as soon as a new set comes out people are running to stores to buy up all the toys they can and gouge people. Which is indirectly funding a company that, as we all know, just doesn't seem to care.

Whoa-ho!

Catalyst -1

AutoCensor - zilch!

:smile:

I agree. I it is very frustrating to have to keep going back to Hasbro because we are toy collectors and they are the number one toy company. I like GIJoe. I like Transformers. I like Marvel. So while I may not like the fact that some 'tard at Hasbro thought it would be okay to make Thundercracker a Botcon exclusive you can only find on ebay for $300, it doesn't make me like Transformer figures any less. So I'm stuck complaining about them on one hand, and using the other to shell out cash for their stuff which reinforces their business practices.

It's Win/Win for Hasbro. Either they get out money for Transformers. or they get it for Star Wars. Or they get it for Marvel. Or GIJoe. Or if they are lucky, they get it for all four...but they end up getting it.

I never thought I'd get to this point, but half of me wants the line to end. I'd love for all those great heroes and villians to be immortalized in plastic, but with these price increases, lack of articulation and lack of figures of characters we haven't gotten yet, it just doesn't seem worth the effort running around to stores, dealing with their employees, searching pricey ebay and just the time, gas and money. Well, we'll see what happens.

Hasbro's new marketing strategy: "#$## you, we don't need your business!"

LoL, that sounds about right!!

I never thought I'd get to this point, but half of me wants the line to end. I'd love for all those great heroes and villians to be immortalized in plastic, but with these price increases, lack of articulation and lack of figures of characters we haven't gotten yet, it just doesn't seem worth the effort running around to stores, dealing with their employees, searching pricey ebay and just the time, gas and money. Well, we'll see what happens.

I never thought i would say this but i agree. I saw the target wave today at my lcs and boy oh boy do they suck.The only one i would actually consider is classic wolverine but at 16.99$ !?!? No way in hell.Hasbro got way too greedy,were getting ripped off.

I came to the decision today that i'm done with hasbro. I won't pay that kind of money for a figure no matter how nice it is. Hasbro doesn't care about us ,late releases,bad distribution, jacked up prices,so why should we forke over are hard urned money to a company like that? No thanks.

Personaly i would rather the line end than see my fellow collectors get ripped off by an unrespectfull company. From now on I will concentrate on findind the toybiz figures I wan't and am still missing.

Um... sooooo...can someone hook me up with some Ares and Rulk and 2 pack love? Im stationed in Korea now so I am limited to online retailers (which most wont ship to APO addresses even though it costs the same as a U.S. address) or ScalpErBay. I managed to get the Rulk Black Spidey and TS Wolvie for cost + shipping and I got the Ares head for $12.50 shipped off Ebay (I know thats a bit just for the head but I dont want the p.o.s. Ultimate WM and theres no way I could have gotten one MOC for $12.50 shipped regardless)... so I could really use some assistance getting the rest of the waves, along with the Wolvie/Forge and Ronin/Elektra 2 packs.

I have very little to trade at the moment because most of my stuff is in storage back in the U.S. but I do have some of those rare Super Legends Power Rangers chase figures and some various G.I. Joe figures all MOC. HOOK A FELLOW COLLECTOR UP!!!

• 2 weeks later...