IS HIDING FIGURES WRONG?

pooda

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months ago I was at my Wal Mart just looking to see if there was anything new and sitting on the bottom shelf in plain view was a Prof X from the Galactus Wave just sitting there. I didn't have him yet so i picked him up and i'm assuming he was stashed somewhere and an employee found him and put it back. It rang up 10.99 which i thought was off but w/e i wasnt going to complain since it wasn't in stores anymore so i bought it.

My motto is stash and dash! Since Wal-Mart killed Layaway, and nope I don't walk around with a loaded Wal-Mart Gift Card, I sometimes find a few pieces and can't buy them all at once (got other priorities), so I stash what I can and come back later (mostly as soon as possible) to come back and pick up a decent haul. What really bothers me is the scalpers. I collect for me, not for mile high hoarders. Sometimes you have to stash just to even the score before the scalpers come and claim all the goodies.

What do you all think?

yep. STASH away! sometimes if i dont want to pay for it because its not worth the retail price, i put it in the bottom of my shopping cart (the way bottom) where the cashier can't see it and i walk away with a big smile on my face. and then i put that money away for the next wave of figures. if i get caught ill just say "whoops i forgot that was there".

yep. STASH away! sometimes if i dont want to pay for it because its not worth the retail price, i put it in the bottom of my shopping cart (the way bottom) where the cashier can't see it and i walk away with a big smile on my face. and then i put that money away for the next wave of figures. if i get caught ill just say "whoops i forgot that was there".

thats just plain stealing ur a thief

This is a good one. I found a stashed figure at walmart a few months ago. It was an unmasked re-release of wolverine from series three. The package was badly damaged it must have been hidden in a vent or something. Hey but I bought it anyway because it was such a rare figure. I took it to the register and it wouldn't even ring up. I told the cashier it was 7.99 and she believed me and didn't even get no one to check. Lazy! haha Anyway,... thanks to a stasher I found some gold even though the package look like crap. :wolverine2:

Stealing? no not really cause i pretend i dont know about it, if i get caught then thats stealing. if you think about it too, toy companies are stealing our cash with these dumbass prices as well. ML should only cost $2.00. SINCE the 3 3/4 scale is gonna take over!

back to stashing, i used to work at a toystore and i stash ALL THE TIME. Put one box of the wave in the back and leave it there til' it gets on sale, then i take it out and purchase it with an employee discount. yay! DOUBLE-WHAMMEEE!!!

bash me, whoe cares, gotta think about myself first!

Stealing? no not really cause i pretend i dont know about it, if i get caught then thats stealing. if you think about it too, toy companies are stealing our cash with these dumbass prices as well. ML should only cost $2.00. SINCE the 3 3/4 scale is gonna take over!

back to stashing, i used to work at a toystore and i stash ALL THE TIME. Put one box of the wave in the back and leave it there til' it gets on sale, then i take it out and purchase it with an employee discount. yay! DOUBLE-WHAMMEEE!!!

bash me, whoe cares, gotta think about myself first!

Lol ! ...

dude. it only happened twice and it was superhero squad figures. don't tell me your willing to pay 8.99 for a spiderman variant or another stupid hulk just so you can get the villain its with.

other than that, i just use my double whamee trick (stash-till-it-gets-on-sale-and-use-my-discount). I'm sorry about the fuss. I didn't know you live PERFECT lives. So if a girl shows her boobs to you i assume you'll cover your eyes with your hands? come on now, i know you've been tempted once.

anyhow, you make a good point. it aint worth being in the police blotter in the newspaper for "shoplifting figures." but dude! its not like im trying to put the whole damn Ares wave in my pocket.

dude. it only happened twice and it was superhero squad figures. don't tell me your willing to pay 8.99 for a spiderman variant or another stupid hulk just so you can get the villain its with.

other than that, i just use my double whamee trick (stash-till-it-gets-on-sale-and-use-my-discount). I'm sorry about the fuss. I didn't know you live PERFECT lives. So if a girl shows her boobs to you i assume you'll cover your eyes with your hands? come on now, i know you've been tempted once.

anyhow, you make a good point. it aint worth being in the police blotter in the newspaper for "shoplifting figures." but dude! its not like im trying to put the whole damn Ares wave in my pocket.

superhero squad??? come on man...

I dont think the stash-till-it-gets-on-sale-and-use-my-discount trick is stealing. Thats just a really good deal and plan. Wish I could do it. I'm o.k with stashing. I only do it once in a while. actually I've only done it a few times and it was only marvel figs once.

i dont think thats what theyre talking about.

I dont think the stash-till-it-gets-on-sale-and-use-my-discount trick is stealing. Thats just a really good deal and plan. Wish I could do it. I'm o.k with stashing. I only do it once in a while. actually I've only done it a few times and it was only marvel figs once.

Well I'm not sure I didnt read all the pages or even finished reading this one. Sorry.

I'm half asleep right now = but dont want to sleep.

Well I'm not sure I didnt read all the pages or even finished reading this one. Sorry.

I'm half asleep right now = but dont want to sleep.

lmao...its only 10:52pm! theyre talking about actually stealing....putting stuff under the cart, and walking out with it.

It may not be stealing, but it's pretty much the same as taking figures back to Target to make a buck. You save money, but the store doesn't get more figs cause the computer says it has enough.

Last time I checked, staring at boobs wasn't against the law (if it was I'd be in jail right now)

Last time I checked, staring at boobs wasn't against the law (if it was I'd be in jail right now)

:laugh:

I worked for walmart and know how their fixtures work. if i find something at target(same fixtures) or walmart that i dont have the funds for at the moment i will take up the entire fixture and put the toys under it when noone is looking. its not commom practice to clean under them or move them unless you are remodeling the store. You cant se under the fixture without removing parts of it, and kids are not going to be able to get into it. It's the perfect place to stash. Im a proud stasher, always have been, and always will be. But i've done so many other things that deserve judgement before that so go ahead and give you "thats so wrong, think of the children" speach, cause I DONT CARE! i have the figures and they dont!