IS HIDING FIGURES WRONG?

pooda

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you find figures you want but can't afford them at the time, why do you want to ruin it for the next person who actually has the money to buy them? Hiding them is just childish.

hiding, holding....samething. ive been at a store and only have a couple of bucks on me, when i see a fig that ive been hunting for weeks.... im damn sure hiding it. ill come back and buy it.(usually in the hour) if i have no funds(very rare) i wont even bother stashing it.

This question reminds me of my Series 3 Magneto that I found last year under a store shelf. Someone hid it and never came back for it, obviously.

I think it's wrong to hide figs, especially if you're an adult or close to it. You're depriving a child of the enjoyment of a toy because you collect. You have other means to get your figures, you don't NEED it that badly that you have to hide the thing. I've always found this to be in bad taste, just makes me as a collector look bad because others are greedy. I actually go around looking for hidden figures at Wally World/Target/where ever and typically just put them on the shelf.

Action figures are toys meant for the hands of children and I remember not too long ago when I was a child and the excitement I had when I found that relatively rare Deadpool II sitting on a shelf in Toys R' Us, that level of glee is the absolute right of every child and I'll be darned if I as a collector am going to be greedy and take it from them because I don't have the cash right now.

Just my opinion.

This question reminds me of my Series 3 Magneto that I found last year under a store shelf. Someone hid it and never came back for it, obviously.

I think it's wrong to hide figs, especially if you're an adult or close to it. You're depriving a child of the enjoyment of a toy because you collect. You have other means to get your figures, you don't NEED it that badly that you have to hide the thing. I've always found this to be in bad taste, just makes me as a collector look bad because others are greedy. I actually go around looking for hidden figures at Wally World/Target/where ever and typically just put them on the shelf.

Action figures are toys meant for the hands of children and I remember not too long ago when I was a child and the excitement I had when I found that relatively rare Deadpool II sitting on a shelf in Toys R' Us, that level of glee is the absolute right of every child and I'll be darned if I as a collector am going to be greedy and take it from them because I don't have the cash right now.

Just my opinion.

well....i hope you dont ever call a store and ask them to hold something until you get there. stashing something, or having an employee go and find something and keeping it "stashed" at the front counter is the same in my book. i personally hate when age becomes a factor in these things, if that be the case....an adult shouldnt buy a figure for themselves at any point. i dont think that we should crap on the kiddies....but c'mon....im never going to pass up something rare...or has been a pain in the azz to find.

When it comes to MLs your not taking them away from the kiddies, they probably don't buy them that much(i don't know if i've EVER seen a kid looking at the MLs in my Target or WM to be honest) adults? yeah sure seen them look at MLs.

As for hiding the stuff? I'd say its fair game like if you plan to come back in the next couple of days, its really no different then asking for something to be held etc etc, now trying to hide something for a week or two in a retail chain? hehehehe, i just laugh at that.

:profx: I'm a Toysniper so I do whatever it takes to complete my collection. I have even taken a figure out of someone elses cart before when they wasn't looking.(I know I'm evil) It is the thrill of the hunt I enjoy and the higher the stakes the greater the satisfaction. Come to think of it, I've hidden a whole case of Legends before. I'm a very crafty hunter so just be glad I don't live in your area. Muhahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! :happy:

:profx: I'm a Toysniper so I do whatever it takes to complete my collection. I have even taken a figure out of someone elses cart before when they wasn't looking.(I know I'm evil) It is the thrill of the hunt I enjoy and the higher the stakes the greater the satisfaction. Come to think of it, I've hidden a whole case of Legends before. I'm a very crafty hunter so just be glad I don't live in your area. Muhahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! :happy:

you have really taken something out of someones cart when they arent looking? that is pretty sweet haha

One of my favorite things to do is look for stashed items and put them back where they belong...on the pegs. As far as stashing and holding go, i don't think they are the same thing. If you ask an employee to hold something for you, then awesome, you'll be there soon to pick it up. If you're stashing things, it seems a bit wrong in my mind. Another poster put it well by saying he never goes to the store without money. I agree with this. If you don't have the intention of buying something, why deprive someone of something that they could buy and you can't? Quit taking the law into your own hands Batman! Eh, no bid deal really, you guys do what you want. I don't have any problems finding figures, luckily. As for the "Toysniper" that is 100% wrong in my case. I hope for society's sake you are not a grown man.

you have really taken something out of someones cart when they arent looking? that is pretty sweet haha

Yep, I sure did. haha It was when those 10inch Wonderwomen were imposible to find and my wife and I were doing our usual toy hunting in Target and we walked by this cart that this lady just walked away from and my wife saw a WW in it. I took it out of the cart before I even realized it. My wife said "you are soooo bad" haha

One of my favorite things to do is look for stashed items and put them back where they belong...on the pegs. As far as stashing and holding go, i don't think they are the same thing. If you ask an employee to hold something for you, then awesome, you'll be there soon to pick it up. If you're stashing things, it seems a bit wrong in my mind. Another poster put it well by saying he never goes to the store without money. I agree with this. If you don't have the intention of buying something, why deprive someone of something that they could buy and you can't? Quit taking the law into your own hands Batman! Eh, no bid deal really, you guys do what you want. I don't have any problems finding figures, luckily. As for the "Toysniper" that is 100% wrong in my case. I hope for society's sake you are not a grown man.

Haha, you would have to know me to understand my crazy personality. I did it because I was in a mischievious mood that day. I do crazy stuff all the time but nothing life threatening just badboy type stuff so you guys that sit on high moral horses don't have a fit. haha Oh yeah, I'm grown, I have a hot wife, we both have good jobs, and we've got a beautiful daughter too. It's just fun to be bad sometimes. :laugh:

You sound like my best friend, so I can relate. It's like saying man I really want that and then your friend grabs it and says "Well here ya go". You walk off happy that you didn't have to take it, but it's in your hands. It still seems crappy. However, I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall and see the look on that woman's face when she returned. Drop to her knees in the middle of the isle and scream out "WHY"!?

i remember when i was litle i used to hide toys i wanted all the time. i usually hid them in the bottom shelf behind all the big boxes, but now a days, i never go to the store without money on me.

Same here. I'd kill myself if I walked into a store that could potentially have toys I've been hunting for and not have cash (at least) or my debit + credit card. I don't need to hide because I just don't walk away empty handed.

Haha, you would have to know me to understand my crazy personality. I did it because I was in a mischievious mood that day. I do crazy stuff all the time but nothing life threatening just badboy type stuff so you guys that sit on high moral horses don't have a fit. haha Oh yeah, I'm grown, I have a hot wife, we both have good jobs, and we've got a beautiful daughter too. It's just fun to be bad sometimes. :laugh:

lol !!!!!! :spidey_deadtopic: