Prices on customs

Catalyst

I wouldn't take on your figure...yet. I am still an amateur at customizing, but I must say I am getting better. I have some customs up on figurerealm currently (Placed 13th out of 41 in the last contest :tongue: ). I would want you to be completely happy with your figure, but if you want to send me a pic, go ahead. I love a good challenge and I don't charge much since I'm still in the early stages. Here's a link to some of my customs- http://figurerealm.com/ViewCustoms.php?UID=2699 . Some I put a lot of work into, some are simple part swaps. The most current start at the top. I will say that Wings does pretty awesome work though.

it really all depends on a few things:

base-what the figure is to begin with, usually around $10-$20, sometimes higher if its an exclusive or such.

parts- sometimes costs as much as a whole figure, though a customizer will usually have some spare heads, hands and whatnot laying around. note:even if they have things laying around, they may still charge a bit of money, though not as much as if they didn't have them. with sites like black arachnis casting and the like, this category usually doesnt cost as much.

Paint-again, a customizer will probably have multiples of basic colors (black, red, blue, white, etc.) laying around, but if they have to buy more of a certain color to achieve an effect, its getting added to the price. Luckily, most bottles of paint are 2 or 3 dollars, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Labor-Everyone gets paid for working, whether making sandwiches at McDonald's, or making a custom figure. Expect this to be around $50.

This is just a basic list, there are more things, but often you are looking at the $150-$200 range for a commisioned custom, as well as those sold on EBay.

patience is free. forget about customs, the'll eventually make a figure of a character anyways, even if it takes years. i saw some forge customs on ebay that went almost 100 dollars, then hasbro made one (BURN!!). I saw a custom domino and cannonball for rape prices and then hasbro made them (BURN!!). well maybe im just mad cause i cant afford customs, but yeah.

the custom i'm willing to spend a grip on though is the black goliath.

I recently finished a Nocturne custom and I am very pleased. I really doubt Hasbro or whoever will make her. I enjoy customizing because you get to have a one in a kind figure that no one else has. Also, I asked my friend how much I should charge her for the figure of her husband I'm making. She responded with "I was thinking 150, but tell me if that is not enough". People pay good for one of a kind things. Not to mention I've put over 30 hours into it.