How do you all get such great pictures???

clonekiller72

I've been trying to upload my collection to the site but all my pictures are too large, yet I see such great, large detailed pics here all the time. All of my pictures are around 3mb to start, and I've been trying to compress them to fit the 75k file size alotted on the site.

How do you all do this.

If anyone could offer a little help that would be great. I have a giant toy room and would really love to share it with people, but I guess I'm too much of an idiot.

This is my first test, it's really more for me and these pictures may look aweful, but it's just a test.

Is that really how people get so many pictures up here?

I have alot of pictures that I want to upload for a collectors collection page, so photo buckets the way to go to get a whole collection shown? Does this site automatically link to photobucket or something? Pardon my density, but I don't get it.

no problem, ok first make an account (obviously).

then on your page click upload and click all your pictures from your pics folder, after it uploads, there will be 4 links on the bottom of it and there will be one that says forums and bullitens, copy and paste it into the post and the pics will show

:)

Also, you do NOT need to upload the high resolution photos that your camera settings produced. The 3MB file sizes are a result of the high number of pixels per inch or dots per inch (or PPI or DPI) required to increase the resolution of the photos for enlarging and printing.

If they are just going to be viewed on a computer monitor, they should be reduced from the say, 300 DPI they may be now to only 96 DPI or even 72 DPI. Changing the resolution (in Photoshop, or other photo processing/manipulation software program), along with choosing a lower JPG compression (medium or good instead of High) will significantly decrease the size of a photo from 3MB down to less than 100KB.

Also, you do NOT need to upload the high resolution photos that your camera settings produced. The 3MB file sizes are a result of the high number of pixels per inch or dots per inch (or PPI or DPI) required to increase the resolution of the photos for enlarging and printing.

If they are just going to be viewed on a computer monitor, they should be reduced from the say, 300 DPI they may be now to only 96 DPI or even 72 DPI. Changing the resolution (in Photoshop, or other photo processing/manipulation software program), along with choosing a lower JPG compression (medium or good instead of High) will significantly decrease the size of a photo from 3MB down to less than 100KB.

What he said. Also, if u have a pic u would like to use as ur sig, same thing, just paste the image code from photobucket. Quite simple :)

I actually use Myspace.

I have an album in my myspace profile for toys. The link to my myspace is in my sig.

I update my sig, or make a post in the collection thread, and from my myspace photo, I right-click, copy the image URL, and come back here and paste it within the image tags and the pic shows up.

Myspace usually resizes and edits the photo so it's not too large to show.

I noticed here I can't post more than five pics per message, though.

I've been trying to upload my collection to the site but all my pictures are too large, yet I see such great, large detailed pics here all the time. All of my pictures are around 3mb to start, and I've been trying to compress them to fit the 75k file size alotted on the site.

How do you all do this.

If anyone could offer a little help that would be great. I have a giant toy room and would really love to share it with people, but I guess I'm too much of an idiot.

This is my first test, it's really more for me and these pictures may look aweful, but it's just a test.

I put mine on my facebook page and then linked to them.