Character Costume Version - What Sells the Most?

annihilator

For Hasbro to choose a character to release, which version of a character would sell the most ? Let us assume none of these were ever released, or they are rebooting the line, or say Marvel Universe, which version would sell the best and discuss ? A modern version, classic version or say 90's version or even Ultimate version:

Iron Man

Thor

Polaris

Adam Warlock

Jean Grey

Cyclops

Sabretooth

Cable

Let's take the X-Men for example. Is the 90's version preferable because of the demographics? Has the market been more for a lot of baby boomers who enjoyed the Marvel Comics and cartoons back then ? Are there more Marvel readers before than at present ? Something to think about . . . . Does the strategy of releasing current versions make more sense than the classic versions? and how does this affect customer taste and product appeal to generate sales?

i think alot of the jim lee stuff would sell pretty well. i dont read alot of marvel comics much, so im will to take some punches from you guys, but whats the difference between the modern armor and the extremis? sometimes the look different, and sometimes they alike..

Extremis usually looks the movie Iron Man except with an upside down traingle on the chest.

i think alot of the jim lee stuff would sell pretty well. i dont read alot of marvel comics much, so im will to take some punches from you guys, but whats the difference between the modern armor and the extremis? sometimes the look different, and sometimes they alike..

Extremis usually looks the movie Iron Man except with an upside down traingle on the chest.

so its the smoother armor...gotcha.

im_extremis.jpgThumbnail, click to enlarge.

so its the smoother armor...gotcha.

im_extremis.jpgThumbnail, click to enlarge.

Yeah thats Extremis, sad thing is he might not have that armor anymore after Secret Invasion