Best BAF?

GhostMaverick

Just wondering what everyone else thinks the best legends build a figure out of both companies are. I personally like the toybiz legends better(hasbros getting better) but im a fan of the larger BAFs. Ive got one and a half sentinels and I think this is the best one ive seen around. I also have apocalypse,mojo,and galactus but the sentinel is still my favorite it goes great with my collection. Dont get me wrong I think the red hulk looks great but the havent got the series around here yet to pick it up yet. Im also really eager to eventually pick up the fin fang foom but just havent had the need to pay 15 dollars a pop for more hulk figures that I already have to many of and dont want to pay 80.00 for foom just yet. But anyways just interested in everyone elses favorit BAFs are.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen FFF in person yet so I can't say for him (although he does look cool) I'd have to rate:

1. Sentinel

2. Ares- I just love the character and the figure

3. Blob - Done perfectly

4. Giant Man

5 Galactus

6. Pitt - an AWESOME figure (yes, it is a Marvel toy if you think about it)

Annihilus, Mojo, Brood queen, are all crap if you ask me.

My Apocalypse would be sweeter if he didn't have one blue leg. That's the danger of ordering online I guess.

I also like Onslaught the best. Great looking figure due to his abnormal proportions: the inverted knees, the massive clawed hands and the ghoulish silver head buried inside his massive shoulder armor. Yes he could have been bigger and sturdier, but all in all he is my favorite.

Giant-Man is runner-up because he's got a classic look and completes the original Avengers line-up.

Foom is very well done except for the head/neck articulation, which is a little limited.

Galactus and the Sentinel are nice but a little boring.

Blob and Ronin are ranked low because of their comparatively cheap look.

Mojo and MODOK are neat and nice to have, yet they are kind of useless other than for just standing there.

Never got Annihilus or Brood Queen which sums up my interest in them.

I currently have all the BAF except for sandman(which I will never have) and I love the concept. My favorite to date is the Onslaught. It was by far the most anticipated BAF for me. Galactus alway stands out and is perfect. I just put together my Ares and he is alright though Ronan, who was a comparable BAF, was much better(articulation). Would I have bought a single figure in the Ares wave if it didn't have an Ares BAF? No, I would not have. Which I find irritating (as i tip my hat to the Toy Biz and Hasbro marketing). Though, I have a feeling once December comes my favorite is going to be Holocaust.

RED HULK (I do wish he was Bigger)

MONKEY MAN ( Very well Made down to the jaw being able to pose)

PITT

Giant MAN

BLOB

SENTINAL

FOOM (I do wish he could Pose his Neck & Fingers to go on all fours)

ONSLAUGHT (It is a good figure just not stable & he is Small)

RONAN

GALACTUS

APOCALYPS (You are right Abazou)

WORST = BROOD WTF were they thinking not making it bigger & more poseble?,

ARES (Good as statue/ display. No good articulation, Falls apart & can Easily be taken apart). Too bad such a cool character.

Sand Man= Best thing about him was his Head.Good as statue/ display ONLY.

PITT

Giant MAN

BLOB

SENTINAL

RONAN

GALACTUS

WORST = BROOD, ARES (Good as statue. No good articulation, Falls apart & can Easily be taken apart)

did you just say Ares was one of the worst BAF!!!! okay where my shotgun?

PITT

Giant MAN

BLOB

SENTINAL

RONAN

GALACTUS

APOCALYPS (You e right Abazou)

WORST = BROOD WTF were they thinking not making it bigger & more poseble?,

ARES (Good as statue/ display. No good articulation, Falls apart & can Easily be taken apart). Too bad such a cool character.

Sand Man= Best thing about him was his Head.Good as statue/ display ONLY.

PITT

Giant MAN

BLOB

SENTINAL

RONAN

GALACTUS

WORST = BROOD, ARES (Good as statue. No good articulation, Falls apart & can Easily be taken apart)

did you just say Ares was one of the worst BAF!!!! okay where my shotgun?

I agree with the Ares being a good figure but he does have horrible articulation. Toy Biz made many regular figures that were bigger just by themselves and they had better articulation (juggernaut, apocalypse, Abomination, just to name a few)

"did you just say Ares was one of the worst BAF!!!! okay where my shotgun?"

Easy.. No need for violence.

He Def. is Not the Best. I was one of the First to get him, & I said It is cool but the articulation SUcks.

He Looks good but Can Not Look up etc.

GREAT Hero!! But they did leave this figure short on the articulation. They could have done more with him.

my favorite completed BAF that i have would be Red Hulk, Foom,Blob, Annihlus Onslaught, Modok and then Mojo. I still need a left arm for Apocalypse, and Ronan, a head and left arm for Galacuts and a Torso Right arm and right leg for a Setinel and a right arm right hand right leg right foot left foot and left hand for Giantman

I've already done this kind of thread, but my favs are FFF, red hulk, giantman, pitt, ronan, and sentinel. I actually like them all, but sandman and I have em all. Favorite part of collecting are BAFs.

Thats my fav part as well. Getting the pieces is better (usually anyway) than getting the figs.

Thats what I like. I end up playing with the BAFs more than the figs to get it.

Ares is certainly not the worst of them, but easily the one I have the least interest in getting. That being said, I need to make clear that I mean excluding the sandman baf which is so awful it can't even be ranked as the worst, it exists in a dimension of terrible that the other BAFs can't approach.

I think ares looks cool. I'm trying to get one. Probably wont till christmas though as a gift. Wishing. Sandman is pretty bad, but he is kind of a nice set up figure. A little. Looks good in the back.