marvel legends

spidey1967

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a cheerleader in school or anything but Rah Rah Hasbro!!

These latest figures have been really, really great. Yes there a few points of articulation that are missing and the Iron Man figures have been a little smaller than they should be, but otherwise there has been tremendous improvement since the first waves of Hasbro figures. Ares is great. Corssbones is great. King Hulk, Union Jack . . .they've all been great. I will buy each and every good 6 inch, ML scale figure that Hasbro makes.

Their new figures have great detailing, great poseability, great paint apps, great paint washes, great proportion . . really just superlative figures. I am really happy with the new standard of Hasbro figures. Like I said, there are still a few points that could be improved on. Ultimate War Machine looks like a guy wearing armor. Heroes Reborn Iron Man doesn't. He's a little scrawny and his head is a little small. The detailing on him is great though.

I also really liked the color selection on Vision. The green has a slightly metallic look that works for an android. That Ultimate Nick Fury may just be the best done ML, period. I just wish I knew what to do with him.

well i like bafs just to get some huge characters we couldnt normally buy like sentinal then i will collect the figures and get the baf even if i dont want them but if its a small baf that could be a normal figure then forget it.

plus now with bafs out of the way, i can save some money by not buying as much

as for marvel legends, i think they have bad selections, some are good and some are bad

ill give you examples (remeber there my opinion and i basing it off the character, not actual figure)

Good-

Dr. Doom

Bucky

Quick Silver

Hydra Soilder

Bad-

X3 anything

She Hulk (we just got one, WTF?)

Iron Man Reborn (do we really need more iron men?)

it was fun while it lasted. r.i.p. 6", hellow 3 3/4

That is what I was thinking. I hope it's not true but it looks like Hasbro is brushing 6 inch ML under the table. I hope that the two packs at least continue but I am really not holding my breath. If by next fall we don't see anything besides the movie stuff, ML is dead for sure. But let us hope that wont be the case. I still have some hope they will continue.

actually...i dont care anymore. all that they keep bringing us is the same crap. i am soooo tired of buying it. i dont care if lines like MS makes fig that they havent had a crack at, but ML is getting kinda...idk...im just sick of wolvy, hulk, spidey, ironman, and whoever eles that has over 5 figs. i want to buy ML, ut they dont offer much imo.

actually...i dont care anymore. all that they keep bringing us is the same crap. i am soooo tired of buying it. i dont care if lines like MS makes fig that they havent had a crack at, but ML is getting kinda...idk...im just sick of wolvy, hulk, spidey, ironman, and whoever eles that has over 5 figs. i want to buy ML, ut they dont offer much imo.

ur right i have a marvel encyclopedia and there are a lot of good heroes and villians that could be made i think with the baf canceled, if they continue we wont have to buy characters we already have. i love the whole marvel universe a,b, and c list characters and would love to see figures made that have never been made.

ur right i have a marvel encyclopedia and there are a lot of good heroes and villians that could be made i think with the baf canceled, if they continue we wont have to buy characters we already have. i love the whole marvel universe a,b, and c list characters and would love to see figures made that have never been made.

they need to figure out if they are aiming these figs at us, or the kids. they cant do both.

There has to be some kind of kid appeal for it to work, but they already consider this a collectors line, and that's why it's dying. AND there are plenty of mainstream characters that deserve remakes as I've said manytimes before. Bucky-Cap, New Thor, Astonishing or old Storm, even a new Beaten Spidey could still be reproduced. Ya see, the line NEEDS Mainstream characters for retailers to pick up the lines. If it's all B-listers, then retailers aren't interested.

Overall, they have made leaps and bounds of improvement, and they currently have some good momentum going, it would just be plain STUPID to drown that out. The exclusive lines are selling well, and there really is NO reason to stop them, as long as there is retailer support for such lines. I'm hoping the recent exclusives inspire TRU to get on the boat.

The 2-pack concepts are awesome with the troop building aspect, and wave 2 could sell quite a bit if it makes mass retail. But if they screw the pooch and don't get distribution out there it will drown the line also.

BAF's NEED to continue in some fashion, and I do think they will bounce back in some way or another. There's just too many characters that are in need of plastic production.

That Ultimate Nick Fury may just be the best done ML, period. I just wish I knew what to do with him.

The figure is perfect custom for that W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. character - Grifter by Jim Lee if you know what I mean. Only a head change is required and a mask. Use Gambit head and construct a makeshift mask and Voila ! Grifter . . .

I don't mind if they do multiple takes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk if they discontinue the BAF's and include random fringe characters like Vindicator, Spiral, and Union Jack every once in a while.

In all I think the Red Hulk wave was the absolute best Hasbro has done thus far. Each character easily stands equal to Toy-Biz Legends. The only downfall for Hasbro is the cost-cutting that takes place when making articulation. They need to go back to the TB ankle joints and just stop using those funky elbow and knee joints. Those greatly limit the ability to pose ones figures.

All in all I hope they can continue in some way, even if it's mostly through their website.

Remember, in the nineties Toy-Biz played around with good articulation and then shifted to child-friendly, non-articulated figures, then tried to make statues similar to the McFarlane figures until finally getting it right AFTER a few waves of Legends. It took them 15 years to give us Marvel Legends, and I appreciate what Hasbro is trying to do. But as the customer, I demand perfection.

There has to be some kind of kid appeal for it to work, but they already consider this a collectors line, and that's why it's dying. AND there are plenty of mainstream characters that deserve remakes as I've said manytimes before. Bucky-Cap, New Thor, Astonishing or old Storm, even a new Beaten Spidey could still be reproduced. Ya see, the line NEEDS Mainstream characters for retailers to pick up the lines. If it's all B-listers, then retailers aren't interested.

Overall, they have made leaps and bounds of improvement, and they currently have some good momentum going, it would just be plain STUPID to drown that out. The exclusive lines are selling well, and there really is NO reason to stop them, as long as there is retailer support for such lines. I'm hoping the recent exclusives inspire TRU to get on the boat.

The 2-pack concepts are awesome with the troop building aspect, and wave 2 could sell quite a bit if it makes mass retail. But if they screw the pooch and don't get distribution out there it will drown the line also.

BAF's NEED to continue in some fashion, and I do think they will bounce back in some way or another. There's just too many characters that are in need of plastic production.

two simple questions. why does a collectors line need to appeal to children? and if it does, why do they make seprate "kids" lines? i dont care what anyone says...kids running and buying up the MLs is a myth. take MARVELFAN, hes 10 and pretty much in to all comic related stuff, so i can see kids like him being into ML. my son pooda(i just use his name) is 5. he only cares about what marvel aims towards him...so if it aint on TV, he doesnt care. ive found that most kids are exactly like pooda(my son) imo, they use the "known characters will sell the line to kids" crap too often. take the rulk wave, kids "might have" bought a wolvy or spidey, but they didnt care about the rest. the ony MLs that my son has are main characters and movie characters, and he still would perfer a toy that shoots rockets or lights up.

I don't mind if they do multiple takes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk if they discontinue the BAF's and include random fringe characters like Vindicator, Spiral, and Union Jack every once in a while.

In all I think the Red Hulk wave was the absolute best Hasbro has done thus far. Each character easily stands equal to Toy-Biz Legends.

maybe because they are toy biz legends.(or reuses)

i think there is a way to connect to both kids and collectors(aftrer all collectors are just the kids all grown up) with the cartoons and movies open up the marvel universe and have more characters appear to introduce them to kids so when ml come out they know who they are and just maybe they appeal to them and they want them because they are cool characters. wth comics at 4 dollars a book kids aren't exposed to enough characters and this might be a way to introduce them and maybe it could trickle down to more interest to different characters in ml line.

two simple questions. why does a collectors line need to appeal to children? and if it does, why do they make seprate "kids" lines? i dont care what anyone says...kids running and buying up the MLs is a myth. take MARVELFAN, hes 10 and pretty much in to all comic related stuff, so i can see kids like him being into ML. my son pooda(i just use his name) is 5. he only cares about what marvel aims towards him...so if it aint on TV, he doesnt care. ive found that most kids are exactly like pooda(my son) imo, they use the "known characters will sell the line to kids" crap too often. take the rulk wave, kids "might have" bought a wolvy or spidey, but they didnt care about the rest. the ony MLs that my son has are main characters and movie characters, and he still would perfer a toy that shoots rockets or lights up.

In all I think the Red Hulk wave was the absolute best Hasbro has done thus far. Each character easily stands equal to Toy-Biz Legends.

maybe because they are toy biz legends.(or reuses)

i can not agree more with the kids buying excuse.