marvel legends

spidey1967

so its basic commonsense, ml's need to be a collectors line which would mean we as the collectors would have to support it. they would have to satisfy us in both sculpt and articulation and i say that because some of us want more of a better sculpt than articulation. sometimes because of articulation sculpt has been sacrificed and the figure looks horrible (just look at how long warbird is).and then some of you want as much articulation as you can get, which i understand you like to pose your figures into scenes, which by the way i have seen some of them and they look really cool.

mattel wants kids to buy theie line (who doesnt want kiddie money?) thats why they have all-stars in every wave, but they still keep the collector first. hasbro seems as if they could care less about us period! thats why itell the dc board guys to chill....cause the marvel guys aint gettin any breaks from hasblow.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that bothered me most is the treatment of the ML line by Hasbro. They simply expected a windfall from that contract and forgot how to earn our respect.

I have said it before, if they treated the Marvel products like they do Star Wars and GI Joe, no one would ever complain about anything, except, when is the next wave hitting.

When the Sigma Six figures normally have better movement than Marvel Legends, for more money, something is wrong. Plus Hasbro acts as if packing in accessories outside of the BAF part is too much to ask for.

If they would go back to listening to the fans (like Spiral, AOA Sunfire, etc.) things would be better.

Also, Mattel beat Toy Biz to the BAF punch with the JLU 4'-inch line, but most people did remember ML for how they up the ante with huge figs like the Sentinel and Galactus. Now, Mattel is stepping up and giving us accessories and C&C (BAF) figures that the people want. Can't wait for Kalibak, Atom Smasher, and Metallo.

I personally wish they would do away with the bafs. I liked the single carded figures that toybiz was making when they included the diarama. i also wish they would stop the variants completely. Sure, i think they're cool, but they said themselves that each wave has a budget. if they would stop making variants they would save the money on that extra paint and be able to increase the quality of the regular figs. I would much rather have a spiral who's knees bend in the right direction than another tiger stripe wolverine. The two packs are ok. But if they go to just two packs it will just be another way to ensure they get those wolverines, iron mans, spider mans, and captain americas out.

The only thing that bothered me most is the treatment of the ML line by Hasbro. They simply expected a windfall from that contract and forgot how to earn our respect.

I have said it before, if they treated the Marvel products like they do Star Wars and GI Joe, no one would ever complain about anything, except, when is the next wave hitting.

When the Sigma Six figures normally have better movement than Marvel Legends, for more money, something is wrong. Plus Hasbro acts as if packing in accessories outside of the BAF part is too much to ask for.

If they would go back to listening to the fans (like Spiral, AOA Sunfire, etc.) things would be better.

Also, Mattel beat Toy Biz to the BAF punch with the JLU 4'-inch line, but most people did remember ML for how they up the ante with huge figs like the Sentinel and Galactus. Now, Mattel is stepping up and giving us accessories and C&C (BAF) figures that the people want. Can't wait for Kalibak, Atom Smasher, and Metallo.

I like Kalibak, he can be my Ulik, if Hasbro can't make one for Marvel Legends. Just like I'm eyeing DC Ares for a future Executioner custom.

I think Hasbro is really about to lose alot of revenue on Marvel products if they keep looking of the the target Market of collectors by doing that they are ensuring a failure because they are taking a collectors line and focusing it on kids. That will only cause the thing to crumble. Since I saw ML come out collectors, older men have bought the line I rarely saw kids even give it any attention. Unless you are into the comic world you didn't know alot of those characters, that come with ML. I mean even when I was a kid for Marvel figures I usually had one I liked. I had one Wolverine, Spider-man, and Hulk. In my mind I didn't need 3 different Hulks when I could have a variety of characters that my parents would be more willing to buy me. When I asked for Spider-Man my mom would say you already have one. But she was more apt to buying me figures when they were characters I didn't have. So in some cases the same popular character ploy doesn't work. Kids are way smarter than many percieve them to be, also parents don't want to buy the thier kids something they have alot of already. Just my thought

Well, I don't collect action figures just coz and definitely not a completist. I am neither a rabid Marvel fan or a DC diehard, but I do know when a figure is worth my dollars be it Marvel Legend or DC Universe. So, I have not bought any recent Marvel Legend lately from the newer waves besides Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom. and Ares from (4 Horsemen) DC Universe. If they stand out, and catches my attention then I buy them. My latest acquisition being that 12" bundle of awesomeness, Master Chief (HALO 3) that I spotted in a Fred Meyer store. Pure joy to dsiplay in my pad.

Well, I also don't collect, "just because," but I am a completist and specifically a Marvel fan. The only reason I began collecting Legends is because I knew the characters from my youth and they were absolutely perfect in nearly every regard.

When the DCUC were release I had considered collecting them but knew that once I started I wouldn't want to stop until the line ended. Just because I prefer Marvel doesn't mean I hate DC.

In this regard we are both exhibiting the same behavior: judging our purchases based on economic consideration. You don't buy what you don't want and neither do I.

With that said, I am a more reliable purchaser of Legends than you are and probably better represent the core of the Legends fan base. I won't blindly accept a 3-3/4" line as equivalent nor will I jump ship to DC.

If Legends ends I will save money. If it continues and Hasbro continues to provide quality figures I will keep buying them. Win-win for me.

I too am more of a marvel fan but but i do like dc and because of that i had to collect dc classics. i knew that down the road i would want them and did not want to back track and pay more money for them.

besides they look astronomically great!

aint that right pooda?

YES SIRRRR! i collect dc because i grew up on dc. i was born in 1979, and besides mego, super powers was the 1st, and most known figs ever! secret wars came after shortly, but dc had a cartoon where all of their universe came together. marvel had spidey, and a few other odds and ends...but dc had the most iconic characters. almost everyone born beore 83 first superheroes were probally supes. hell...he had the 1st superhero movie. if mattel does what hasbro is doing, then ill complain bout them too!

Actually, I think Captain America got the first superhero movie...

Well, I don't collect action figures just coz and definitely not a completist. I am neither a rabid Marvel fan or a DC diehard, but I do know when a figure is worth my dollars be it Marvel Legend or DC Universe. So, I have not bought any recent Marvel Legend lately from the newer waves besides Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom. and Ares from (4 Horsemen) DC Universe. If they stand out, and catches my attention then I buy them. My latest acquisition being that 12" bundle of awesomeness, Master Chief (HALO 3) that I spotted in a Fred Meyer store. Pure joy to dsiplay in my pad.

Well, I also don't collect, "just because," but I am a completist and specifically a Marvel fan. The only reason I began collecting Legends is because I knew the characters from my youth and they were absolutely perfect in nearly every regard.

When the DCUC were release I had considered collecting them but knew that once I started I wouldn't want to stop until the line ended. Just because I prefer Marvel doesn't mean I hate DC.

In this regard we are both exhibiting the same behavior: judging our purchases based on economic consideration. You don't buy what you don't want and neither do I.

With that said, I am a more reliable purchaser of Legends than you are and probably better represent the core of the Legends fan base. I won't blindly accept a 3-3/4" line as equivalent nor will I jump ship to DC.

If Legends ends I will save money. If it continues and Hasbro continues to provide quality figures I will keep buying them. Win-win for me.

I too am more of a marvel fan but but i do like dc and because of that i had to collect dc classics. i knew that down the road i would want them and did not want to back track and pay more money for them.

besides they look astronomically great!

aint that right pooda?

YES SIRRRR! i collect dc because i grew up on dc. i was born in 1979, and besides mego, super powers was the 1st, and most known figs ever! secret wars came after shortly, but dc had a cartoon where all of their universe came together. marvel had spidey, and a few other odds and ends...but dc had the most iconic characters. almost everyone born beore 83 first superheroes were probally supes. hell...he had the 1st superhero movie. if mattel does what hasbro is doing, then ill complain bout them too!

Actually, I think Captain America got the first superhero movie...

when was this? In 1978, Richard Donner's Superman was the first epic superhero film to be made as a feature film, and was remained the first and only blockbuster of the nasecent genre of the decade

this was the 1979(year i was born) cap. supes was 1st

Captain-America.US

Captain America Movie History

The very first movie of Captain America came in a 1944 movie serial where Captain America is not Steve Rogers but Grant Gardner a lawyer. Worse than that his weapon is a pistol instead of his shield! If you would like to own this movie to see it yourself, you can get a copy from Amazon.

Next came a cartoon series around 1966. The animation was a choppy style with limited movement. Get a copy from Amazon. Of course Cap would appear on more than just this cartoon series as he would pop up in Spider-man and his Amazing Friends, Fox's Spiderman cartoon, and Fox's cartoon the Avengers.

Back to the movies. The next attempt at Captain America would be a couple of tv movies starring Reb Brown in 1979. At the time this tv movies came out I have to admit as a kid I loved them. Generally they receive bad marks with fans though, mainly due to the fact they are so way off base from the comic book Captain America. But a lot of comic fans enjoy it simply for the nostalgia. At the moment only the second video is available from Amazon's marketplace. Get a copy from Amazon But a used copy is available from time to time of the first tv movie as well.

captainamericatv.jpg

captv2.jpg

captv3.jpg