marvel legends

spidey1967

i think there is a way to connect to both kids and collectors(aftrer all collectors are just the kids all grown up) with the cartoons and movies open up the marvel universe and have more characters appear to introduce them to kids so when ml come out they know who they are and just maybe they appeal to them and they want them because they are cool characters. wth comics at 4 dollars a book kids aren't exposed to enough characters and this might be a way to introduce them and maybe it could trickle down to more interest to different characters in ml line.

okay....but kids have whole lines of figs aimed at them, that they actually buy. take movie figs for example...that is a clear case of the two types of buyers sharing the same figs....i mean, why make two types of 6 inchers? cool...but dont start saying that a line that has ONLY been consumed by collectors(for the most part...and i mean most) is trying to get kids involved, when they clearly make kids toys also. my son has that black spidey that shoots webs outta the hand, and i have the rulk version. hasbro should've left the line alone if collector's money wasnt good enough. i have another question. now that gas is dropping in price, will the toys cost lees? i think that hasbro just wants to make money that was never there. its also very upsetting that the REAL reason MLs went up, is because hasbro's too cheap to let you have a free fig. i mean come on!..who seperates weapons and capes? do they really have to split a figure's ab, arms, legs, head, waist, and the weapons?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind if they do multiple takes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk if they discontinue the BAF's and include random fringe characters like Vindicator, Spiral, and Union Jack every once in a while.

In all I think the Red Hulk wave was the absolute best Hasbro has done thus far. Each character easily stands equal to Toy-Biz Legends.

maybe because they are toy biz legends.(or reuses)

I actually worded it like that to elicit the response you so generously provided. I wholly agree with you: Hasbro has made some real stinkers, especially in the FF and Hulk waves. However Elektra and Ronin were their molds, and Warlock with double-jointed knees and elbows would have been absolute perfection.

I don't mind if they do multiple takes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk if they discontinue the BAF's and include random fringe characters like Vindicator, Spiral, and Union Jack every once in a while.

In all I think the Red Hulk wave was the absolute best Hasbro has done thus far. Each character easily stands equal to Toy-Biz Legends.

maybe because they are toy biz legends.(or reuses)

I actually worded it like that to elicit the response you so generously provided. I wholly agree with you: Hasbro has made some real stinkers, especially in the FF and Hulk waves. However Elektra and Ronin were their molds, and Warlock with double-jointed knees and elbows would have been absolute perfection.

ronin is decent, and elektra is better than the old one, but the articulation still lacks greatly. idk.....hasbro is just a crappy, anticollector company. i willing to bet that if we ALL just stopped buying marvel toys, the stats would drop greatly.(bet marvel will make hasbro get there crap together)

i think there is a way to connect to both kids and collectors(aftrer all collectors are just the kids all grown up) with the cartoons and movies open up the marvel universe and have more characters appear to introduce them to kids so when ml come out they know who they are and just maybe they appeal to them and they want them because they are cool characters. wth comics at 4 dollars a book kids aren't exposed to enough characters and this might be a way to introduce them and maybe it could trickle down to more interest to different characters in ml line.

okay....but kids have whole lines of figs aimed at them, that they actually buy. take movie figs for example...that is a clear case of the two types of buyers sharing the same figs....i mean, why make two types of 6 inchers? cool...but dont start saying that a line that has ONLY been consumed by collectors(for the most part...and i mean most) is trying to get kids involved, when they clearly make kids toys also. my son has that black spidey that shoots webs outta the hand, and i have the rulk version. hasbro should've left the line alone if collector's money wasnt good enough. i have another question. now that gas is dropping in price, will the toys cost lees? i think that hasbro just wants to make money that was never there. its also very upsetting that the REAL reason MLs went up, is because hasbro's too cheap to let you have a free fig. i mean come on!..who seperates weapons and capes? do they really have to split a figure's ab, arms, legs, head, waist, and the weapons?

i am looking at it from a business/collector standpoint. collectors dont always like the choice selection of characters provided by hasbro but some of us do if they introduce some of those characters to the younger generation and they liked them they could soak up some peg warmers if they knew who they are remember the more a line sells the longer it last.

i dunno may not be the best answer and i know they already have kid lines i just want the legends line to last forever :sad:

i am looking at it from a business/collector standpoint. collectors dont always like the choice selection of characters provided by hasbro but some of us do if they introduce some of those characters to the younger generation and they liked them they could soak up some peg warmers if they knew who they are remember the more a line sells the longer it last.

i dunno may not be the best answer and i know they already have kid lines i just want the legends line to last forever :sad:

who doesnt. hell....it will at the rate theyre going, by the time they get to some of the characters, it'll be 3008. where are the masters of evil? any sign of ultimo? its a savage land, but no sauron. didnt professor x have a hover chair? classic ultron....where ya at?! but i bet you can find a wolvy or ironman with ease.

I agree with Pooda even when I was in middle school when ML started, it has been a collector type deal. Even when I looked at Series one Iron Man, I thought this isn't to play with but set up on display, MLs don't have the I want to play with look but rather that "These look good let me display it in a dynamic pose." ML has been a collectors deal from the get go. Why completely wipe out a potential market by brushing them under the rug because it falls outside of your "niche". Making a 3.75 line is fine, make kids happy do what you are good at but if you have the Marvel Legends 6 inch collectors license it your responsibility to give a quality product for its general market which is the collector. If you didn't want to work for a collector market as well as kids why would you pick up a comic based toy line which has a history of having a collectors buying base. It makes no sense to me. I don't see the problem with having a collectors line Mattel doesn't have a problem with it. Why not give Mattel or Marvel Select the 6 inch rights they don't have a problem with selling to collectors. I know that is not possible and marvel toys is a package deal, but I am just ranting. I don't like the way Hasbro is treating such faithful customers. After this year there will be many unhappy collectors I think it will be similar if not worse than it was last spring and summer before the Hulk wave hit in stores.

I agree with Pooda even when I was in middle school when ML started, it has been a collector type deal. Even when I looked at Series one Iron Man, I thought this isn't to play with but set up on display, MLs don't have the I want to play with look but rather that "These look good let me display it in a dynamic pose." ML has been a collectors deal from the get go. Why completely wipe out a potential market by brushing them under the rug because it falls outside of your "niche". Making a 3.75 line is fine, make kids happy do what you are good at but if you have the Marvel Legends 6 inch collectors license it your responsibility to give a quality product for its general market which is the collector. If you didn't want to work for a collector market as well as kids why would you pick up a comic based toy line which has a history of having a collectors buying base. It makes no sense to me. I don't see the problem with having a collectors line Mattel doesn't have a problem with it. Why not give Mattel or Marvel Select the 6 inch rights they don't have a problem with selling to collectors. I know that is not possible and marvel toys is a package deal, but I am just ranting. I don't like the way Hasbro is treating such faithful customers. After this year there will be many unhappy collectors I think it will be similar if not worse than it was last spring and summer before the Hulk wave hit in stores.

to add to that, please guys....save the whole "they came with the marvel license" thing, because it seems to be killing hasbro to make these figures, and its their own dumb ass fault for trying to make the KNOWN marvel collector line appeal to kids.

to add to that, please guys....save the whole "they came with the marvel license" thing, because it seems to be killing hasbro to make these figures, and its their own dumb ass fault for trying to make the KNOWN marvel collector line appeal to kids.

Pooda I agree with you, I was saying that Hasbro shouldn't have picked up the toy license if they had no intention of selling to collectors and kids. Marvel Toys has a package deal of collectors and kids not just kids.

Pooda I agree with you, I was saying that Hasbro shouldn't have picked up the toy license if they had no intention of selling to collectors and kids. Marvel Toys has a package deal of collectors and kids not just kids.

i know. i could just see people saying that the only reason hasblow makes legends is because of the marvel contract.

Aside from the yearly price hikes, Hasbro thought they could just jump on an easy band wagon and ride its way to success. They produced 6 separate lines of Spidey just in 2007 alone. (The 2-pack face off type deals, the Origins line, the 8-inch signature line, the 5-inch movie line, the silly BAF line, and then the Unleashed set). Hasbro figured that it would be easy to milk the Marvel name and make a big profit. Now it is cming back to bite them.

Yes, Hasbro has better plastic and yes that gave us some figs that we have been waiting for, but man, the pet peeve I have over the hip articulation is killer, as well as the lack of distribution. How can the number 2 toy company in the world mess up shipping on a September release like the Ares wave, and still expect us to drop $$$ on the supposed December release of Nemesis???

Yeah I know Mattel has issues, but Hasbro took on a license that set trends!!!! If you can get your Star Wars and GI joes out on time, then do the same for your other brands.

Aside from the yearly price hikes, Hasbro thought they could just jump on an easy band wagon and ride its way to success. They produced 6 separate lines of Spidey just in 2007 alone. (The 2-pack face off type deals, the Origins line, the 8-inch signature line, the 5-inch movie line, the silly BAF line, and then the Unleashed set). Hasbro figured that it would be easy to milk the Marvel name and make a big profit. Now it is cming back to bite them.

Yes, Hasbro has better plastic and yes that gave us some figs that we have been waiting for, but man, the pet peeve I have over the hip articulation is killer, as well as the lack of distribution. How can the number 2 toy company in the world mess up shipping on a September release like the Ares wave, and still expect us to drop $$$ on the supposed December release of Nemesis???

Yeah I know Mattel has issues, but Hasbro took on a license that set trends!!!! If you can get your Star Wars and GI joes out on time, then do the same for your other brands.

what are you talking bout? Ares wave did get realised in September. It's first sighting was on the last day of September.

but everything else i agree with.

If they continue to make them, I will collect them. If sacrificing the BAFs to keep making them, I will do that. If the price goes up 2 or 3 bucks, and that is the price to keep going, I will pay that. If reducing the size of the package is what it takes, I will definitely do that, because I open them. If they need to go exclusively online, I will do that.

In exchange for these concessions, I expect more obscure characters. Spider-Man villains, New Warriors, second and third tier X-Men heroes and villains. For every Wolverine rehash you give us or rereleased Scuba Spider-Man, you sacrifice the opportunity to make a Silver Sable, or a Jubilee or any of a hundred other characters we've been asking for.

what are you talking bout? Ares wave did get realised in September. It's first sighting was on the last day of September.

but everything else i agree with.

last day of september?...thats just like october. :biggrin:

If they continue to make them, I will collect them. If sacrificing the BAFs to keep making them, I will do that. If the price goes up 2 or 3 bucks, and that is the price to keep going, I will pay that. If reducing the size of the package is what it takes, I will definitely do that, because I open them. If they need to go exclusively online, I will do that.

In exchange for these concessions, I expect more obscure characters. Spider-Man villains, New Warriors, second and third tier X-Men heroes and villains. For every Wolverine rehash you give us or rereleased Scuba Spider-Man, you sacrifice the opportunity to make a Silver Sable, or a Jubilee or any of a hundred other characters we've been asking for.

well....imo..i feel pimped. when dcuc goes past 15.00, or makes me buy 10 figs just to build a guy that 5 parts could of built....im out! spidey villians?....theres more?!(lol) im about to start another thread!

if they are charging us more because of a baf then dicontinue the baf and give us the figure in the set, for the very large scale figures that could of been a baf sel those exclusively on hasbro.com what do you think?

maybe..... i just dont wanna pay 50 bucks for a figure. actually, if they produced the big figs seperatly, they couldnt cost more than 25 bucks

ronin is decent, and elektra is better than the old one, but the articulation still lacks greatly. idk.....hasbro is just a crappy, anticollector company. i willing to bet that if we ALL just stopped buying marvel toys, the stats would drop greatly.(bet marvel will make hasbro get there crap together)

I disagree. If Legends stops making money it will get dropped and Hasbro will devote itself to the 3 3/4" line. If this happens, the 6" scale will be deemed as unviable and NO company will want to take the chance on it again.

Marvel won't mind as long as their characters are on toy shelves.

Sadly the only way to keep Legends alive is to continue putting up with occasionally subpar product and let the company know how to do it better and hope they listen.

I disagree. If Legends stops making money it will get dropped and Hasbro will devote itself to the 3 3/4" line. If this happens, the 6" scale will be deemed as unviable and NO company will want to take the chance on it again.

Sadly the only way to keep Legends alive is to continue putting up with occasionally subpar product and let the company know how to do it better and hope they listen.

i disagree. if the 3 3/4 line is the only line, most collectors will turn to MS, and mot 3 3/4 marvel figs will just sit on shelves. the kiddies will buy the known characters, but everyone else will just collect dust.... either way, hasbro will loose out. marvel knows where their money comes from, thats why they seperated the lines a long time ago. people act as if marvel has alot of products on toy shelves, i mean its only ML, SMC, Marvel transformers, and Superhero squad. ALL of the marvel 3 3/4-4 1/2 inch figs have seriously flopped! im going to try the little guys because i like dios, and i have like 100 joes.

i disagree. if the 3 3/4 line is the only line, most collectors will turn to MS, and mot 3 3/4 marvel figs will just sit on shelves. the kiddies will buy the known characters, but everyone else will just collect dust.... either way, hasbro will loose out. marvel knows where their money comes from, thats why they seperated the lines a long time ago. people act as if marvel has alot of products on toy shelves, i mean its only ML, SMC, Marvel transformers, and Superhero squad. ALL of the marvel 3 3/4-4 1/2 inch figs have seriously flopped! im going to try the little guys because i like dios, and i have like 100 joes.

Yeah, I'm not getting the 3 3/4 figs unless they are on sale and then only to give to my kids.

I do wish I was a kid again tho. When I was a kid there was GI Joe or Star Wars in that side. Now, there's GI Joe, SW, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, DC, and Marvel! Oh, the adventures they would have. :happy:

Yeah, I'm not getting the 3 3/4 figs unless they are on sale and then only to give to my kids.

I do wish I was a kid again tho. When I was a kid there was GI Joe or Star Wars in that side. Now, there's GI Joe, SW, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, DC, and Marvel! Oh, the adventures they would have. :happy:

the only thig that i liked about small figs when i was litle was that tables and stuff were more proportioned to be buildings.

I disagree that dropping 6" line will make a 3 3/4" line flourish, because in my case I already started on the DC Universe line and I know the 6" line has a future even in the alternative company. My needs can be satisfied by the other toy maker. So if Hasbro don't realize this, shame on them.