Ares vs. Ares

pooda

who's better? dc ares, or marvel's? (for the most part theyre the same person in essence)

lets get some thing straight right off top.

1.) if you dont know about one of the ares, then do research before posting. dont say one is better, when you no nothing about the other. you CAN base it on looks if you want.

2.) if you dont like DC, then keep it to yourself. this is a fact only thread.

3.) keep to the point. (keep it real)

AresvsAres.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have DC Ares and he is mainly an adversary of Wonder Woman. He's got dominion over the dark forces of the underworld in the DC Universe and is vastly superior in abilities to Marvel's Ares. Let's just say he's got the abilities of a Zeus class character and magical abilities like Loki aside from being a master of warfare. The figure itself is as big as the BAF Ares in height and rather imposing. What can I say about the sculpt ? 4 Horsemen - superior sculpt and rather excellent use of metallic blue in conjunction with regular blues to make the figure look bigger than life. And you get the figure single carded which is the main draw rather than having to buy a whole wave to acquire him.

I like Marvel's Ares. He is less know then DC Ares but that just make it easier to change him from a villian to a hero. I haven't read the Mighty Avengers yet but i have read Avenger #100 the one with the first story where every member gathered together for the first time. And he was the main villianm for that.

Can you trademark a Greek God?

good point. you cant trademark the character, but whatever the companies come up with for them to do is theirs.

honestly i dont like either

i think ares is a D character when compared to both thor and hercules in terms of design and character development. the only reason i got the baf series is to complete the avengers

Oh and the dc ares looks more like a demon than a god

i'd have to pick marvel's ares, its the best of the bad :)

theyre still gods. doesnt matter what side they choose, they are the total masters of their domain. plus DC ares can take any form that he wants.

... The figure itself is as big as the BAF Ares in height and rather imposing. What can I say about the sculpt ? 4 Horsemen - superior sculpt and rather excellent use of metallic blue in conjunction with regular blues to make the figure look bigger than life. And you get the figure single carded which is the main draw rather than having to buy a whole wave to acquire him.

Agreed. My only gripe with the figure is that his costume really limits his posability. I'm thinking of creating a few cuts in his 'kilt' to remedy this.

I'm a toy guy so that's all I really know or care about. DC's Ares > Marvel Ares.

And both are gods in their respective Universes', as opposed to Hercules being a Demigod. DC Ares has more mystical powers and besides being a master of combat and weaponry, also defeated Pluto so he is in effect considered the head of the Underworld and can shapeshift into other guises. Like Loki, he relies on deception and trickery to foment conflict and war among men and nations.

The only thing saving the Marvel version of Mars/ Ares is that he is now in the Mighty Avengers. But for character design, the DC Ares looks like a man who doesn't care about anything but warfare.

A good show to watch is the second episode of Season one of the Justice League Unlimited cartoon, entitled "Hawk & Dove". Just shows you how ruthless and conniving DC's Ares is. (Yeah, just like Loki).

Hey Pooda, do an action scene where Thor hands it to both Loki & Ares!!!!

:hulk:

ya but thats the thing about dc 90% of their heroes are TOO SUPER or GOD LIKE . When everyone is super no one is :)

which makes them all about even. so theyre still in equal proportion in their world.

Pooda, I'm sorry that you have to deal with all of our Marvel biases.

Trust me i am not biased to marvel at all, i have equal comics for both if not even more for dc... maybe just to read the dc crisis thingy. But come on we have the whole marvel family, the superman family, the unlimited number of gods, lobo, etc etc etc

they are all too strong. For example compare Flash to Quicksilver and you will see what i mean.

ya but thats the thing about dc 90% of their heroes are TOO SUPER or GOD LIKE . When everyone is super no one is :)

which makes them all about even. so theyre still in equal proportion in their world.

hey....this is a marvel fourm. :smile:

Trust me i am not biased to marvel at all, i have equal comics for both if not even more for dc... maybe just to read the dc crisis thingy. But come on we have the whole marvel family, the superman family, the unlimited number of gods, lobo, etc etc etc

they are all too strong. For example compare Flash to Quicksilver and you will see what i mean.

not in their world....only in marvel's.

hey....this is a marvel fourm. :smile:

not in their world....only in marvel's.

In marvel's world and our world :)