Ares vs. Ares

pooda

Are we talking which character is better? Or which toy? If the comic characters fought each other, I think DC Ares is a bit more of a strategist and a planner. I know when written correctly, the Marvel version can be strategic also, but I think the DC Ares is just craftier and would win in the end.

As far as comparing the action figures, that's an aesthetic choice. I give DC Ares the slight edge here as well, but both are fantastic figures.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya but thats the thing about dc 90% of their heroes are TOO SUPER or GOD LIKE . When everyone is super no one is :)

which makes them all about even. so theyre still in equal proportion in their world.

Pooda, I'm sorry that you have to deal with all of our Marvel biases.

hey....this is a marvel fourm. :smile:

ya but thats the thing about dc 90% of their heroes are TOO SUPER or GOD LIKE . When everyone is super no one is :)

which makes them all about even. so theyre still in equal proportion in their world.

Trust me i am not biased to marvel at all, i have equal comics for both if not even more for dc... maybe just to read the dc crisis thingy. But come on we have the whole marvel family, the superman family, the unlimited number of gods, lobo, etc etc etc

they are all too strong. For example compare Flash to Quicksilver and you will see what i mean.

not in their world....only in marvel's.

In marvel's world and our world :)

you mean your world.

Are we talking which character is better? Or which toy? If the comic characters fought each other, I think DC Ares is a bit more of a strategist and a planner. I know when written correctly, the Marvel version can be strategic also, but I think the DC Ares is just craftier and would win in the end.

As far as comparing the action figures, that's an aesthetic choice. I give DC Ares the slight edge here as well, but both are fantastic figures.

DC Ares by a huge margin, case in point - $13 value, great sculpt and figure made by 4 Horsemen. Also, the pocketbook doesn't get a HUGE hit by choosing this figure over the the ML. which requires purchasing the whole wave to build a relatively small BAF.

DC Ares by a huge margin, case in point - $13 value, great sculpt and figure made by 4 Horsemen. Also, the pocketbook doesn't get a HUGE hit by choosing this figure over the the ML. which requires purchasing the whole wave to build a relatively small BAF.

13.00? i only pay 11.00

hey....this is a marvel fourm. :smile:

Trust me i am not biased to marvel at all, i have equal comics for both if not even more for dc... maybe just to read the dc crisis thingy. But come on we have the whole marvel family, the superman family, the unlimited number of gods, lobo, etc etc etc

they are all too strong. For example compare Flash to Quicksilver and you will see what i mean.

not in their world....only in marvel's.

In marvel's world and our world :)

you mean your world.

ur from a different galaxy?

There's no way ur not convinced that dc characters r way overpowered than marvel ones. That doesnt mean its a bad thing for everyone but it is a fact.

• 2 months later...

Well when comparing figs... id have to say that the DC one is very good, He looks very menacing with geeat face work... you see that character and you know he means bussines. The marvel one looks kind of plain but i still find him to be a good fig. just thinks DC's one looks 10x beter. and im a Marvel guy through and through.icon4.gif

Recently picked up Ares and a few other DC's from KB for 30-40% off, and Ares is quite impressive!!! May have to cut slits in his kilt for more leg movement. He definitely LOOKS better than the ML Ares, and power base wise, he is far superior in abilities, but for written interest, the ML Ares has the most up-side.

Well when comparing figs... id have to say that the DC one is very good, He looks very menacing with geeat face work... you see that character and you know he means bussines. The marvel one looks kind of plain but i still find him to be a good fig. just thinks DC's one looks 10x beter. and im a Marvel guy through and through.icon4.gif

i agree with both of you! i cut slits in my ares skirt too.(much better now)

As far as figures go, I actually like the Marvel version a little better because of his poseability and removalble helmet. Of course I think the Mattel one is great too which is one of the reasons I bought him. Here are three Photoshop quick comparison shots I did this afternoon. I just received the Ares set (plus the variant Human Torch and running change Scarlet Spider package) this morning.

ares01.jpg

ares2.jpg

ares3.jpg

As far as figures go, I actually like the Marvel version a little better because of his poseability and removalble helmet. Of course I think the Mattel one is great too which is one of the reasons I bought him. Here are three Photoshop quick comparison shots I did this afternoon. I just received the Ares set (plus the variant Human Torch and running change Scarlet Spider package) this morning.

ares01.jpg

ares2.jpg

ares3.jpg

yeah....i had to split the DC ares skirt. those are some cool pics BTW.

Recently picked up Ares and a few other DC's from KB for 30-40% off, and Ares is quite impressive!!! May have to cut slits in his kilt for more leg movement. He definitely LOOKS better than the ML Ares, and power base wise, he is far superior in abilities, but for written interest, the ML Ares has the most up-side.

Where did you cut the slits on Ares' skirt? In between every segment or just on the sides?

Where did you cut the slits on Ares' skirt? In between every segment or just on the sides?

i did the side segments, and the fronts.

ares01.jpg

ares2.jpg

ares3.jpg

Those are some rocking pic's! nice work greenlanternprime, and i have to agree being able to take the helmet off is prety sweet

Thanks for the compliments on the Ares pics, everyone. Honestly, all I did was get some bright green poster board and photograph the figures in front of it. Like the green screen effect in movies. Take the pics into Photoshop or comparable program and use the "Magic Wand eraser" on the green portion so all you are left with is the figures. Layer the figures over a background pic and there you go.

Unfortunately I get too much of the green board reflecting on the figures. Even that can be fixed, though.

I prefer the DC Ares as a character because he makes sense to me. He's the Greek God of War, so him being a villain that Wonder Woman fights makes perfect sense. Marvel has the Greek God of War... join a human Super-Hero team? I just don't get the concept of an Immortal War God being interested in saving people and stopping the schemes of mortal villains.

As or the figures, I have them both and don't dislike either. I'd probably lean toward DC's because he was a single carded fig, while the ML version was a BAF - despite being the same size as one of the figures in the same wave.

I prefer the DC Ares as a character because he makes sense to me. He's the Greek God of War, so him being a villain that Wonder Woman fights makes perfect sense. Marvel has the Greek God of War... join a human Super-Hero team? I just don't get the concept of an Immortal War God being interested in saving people and stopping the schemes of mortal villains.

As or the figures, I have them both and don't dislike either. I'd probably lean toward DC's because he was a single carded fig, while the ML version was a BAF - despite being the same size as one of the figures in the same wave.

its kinda like thor....i guess.

I think it's supposed to make sense for Thor because of the whole Donald Blake connection to Midgard. I'll admit, if he was new I might find his motivation questionable too, but Thor has been an Avenger longer than I've been alive... so Thor get's a pass from any critical thoughts, lol.

i keep forgetting about donald blake..... i guess that does make sense.