Marvel Legends Overload

pooda

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of Iron Man armors left to be made. Just stop re-using that darn Movie Armor sculpt.

Plenty of Thor armors to be done.

New Captain America Armor. Wouldn't scoff at that.

I could use a completely powered down Johnny Storm.

But Hulk, Wolverine, and Spider-Man are DONE. Everytime you want to do Spidey, do one of his villains instead. Everytime you want to do Wolvie, do another X-Man instead.

Wolvie in flip-flops, Wolvie in shower with Spider-Woman, Wolvie in Hawaiian shirt, Wolvie holding a Corona, Wolvie everything. . . Hasbro can explore lots and lots of possibilities .

You'll be sorry when they actually make those ;)

About your Foom/Dragon Man post, how tall is Pitt?

okay....which MLs dont we need another version of? some of the numbers reflect upcoming releases. i also included variants if it makes the character look totally different. also...i left out movie figs and figs that have only been done once.

4 captain americas

9 hulks

6 things

12 ironmen

2 namors

5 human torches

2 dooms

2 magnetos

3 thors

2 ghost riders

13 volverines

3 elektras

4 punishers

4 pym types (antman ect..)

2 beast

5 spideys

3 daredevils

2 gambits

2 red skulls

3 sabretooths

3 silver surfers

5 reeds

4 sues

2 apocalypses

2 cables

2 jeans

2 cyclops

2 she hulks

2 visions

100 % with you dude ....

Wolverine - they have damn near every comic appearance version of him. They wearing him out more than Marvel does in the books. (what about the 100 other X-men)

Spider-Man - there's enough where any fan can pick and choose their favorite version

Hulk - they'll never top the Face-off anyway

F4 - since they can't seem to get them all right within the same line I think they should pull back for a while.

Also don't need another:

Punisher

Magneto

Beast

Mr. Sinister

I love my FO Hulk but I would be willing to buy a new Hulk if and only if he had fists. No more other versions of Hulk should be released though. Also no more Wolverines. I would love to see one more Spidey put out... one with sculpted webbing over his entire body that is properly painted with McFarlane or JrJr-esque eyes. As far as the FF, just give me a d@mn decent Sue Storm and be DONE with them(hopefully the two-pack one will be). The speedo Namor is way too scrawny. How about an actual GOOD Venom? Hasbro has been trying to give us the T-Bolts version... but they keep mixing up the two different versions. We have a Venom out now wiith the correct Spider emblem, but otherwise looks like the Brock Venom. We have a Venom coming out in the next wave with the correct pupils and even the tail that I have read the Gargan Venom sported at first, but the wrong Spider Emblem. I would love a new Apocalypse correctly scaled... the first one looked like Danny DeVito and the BAF doesnt count. BOTH Red Skulls have more or less sucked so I think it would be nice to get one in a suit as opposed to his Nazi get-up or his stupid FO power-suit or w/e the hell it was. Would love a modern Cable. Both She-Hulks sucked... but the HML2 is so much better looking with the Savage She-Hulk head... if she only had fists she would be the bee's knee's.

A Silver Surfer that was properly scaled and that didnt look like some X-Files alien reject would be nice. The ONLY Iron Man that I wish they would make is an actual current armor aka Extremis armor Iron Man.

But dude... seriously... DCUC isnt any better. DCUC is DCSH with a different name and C & C figures. EVERY wave has either some form of Superman or Batman or ONE of their main supporting characters that HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED IN THE DCSH LINE. I love DCSH and DCUC and I am not bashing the line, but Mattel is not any better than Hasbro honestly. Honestly, who would have picked "Detective Batman" or gay-ass Penguin from series 1 to be made over characters such as Green Arrow a friggin Parademon? Did they need to release another Nightwing when the DCSH was so well-done or another Robin? Did ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT AND SOBER MIND REALLY want Superman Red/Blue??? Batman Beyond and Ares? Come on... Mattel isn't doing any better then Toy Biz or Hasbro man.

I dont want to see another Fan Four or Iron man.But i would like to see more first Appearence outfits. Like the X-Men. or AOA x-men and X-factor X-Men, but more then I want those, I would like B-List and C-List people. I want

Husk, puck, Agent Zero, Wild Child, Strong guy, damn, those so many!

HASBRO, Please start making the b and c list.

Wolvie in flip-flops, Wolvie in shower with Spider-Woman, Wolvie in Hawaiian shirt, Wolvie holding a Corona, Wolvie everything. . . Hasbro can explore lots and lots of possibilities .

Hey guess what Annihilator, another WOLVERINE's coming out just for you in the Marvel Select line. Oh JOY! :spidey_deadtopic: :rolleyes: LoL!

Why oh why do some of you people feel the need to perfect the Fantastic Four??? I would much rather get a Klaw or Wizard than another Thing. Let's count...

Reed Richards - 7

Sue Storm - 7

Thing - 9

Human Torch - 12

and this does not include the Movie lines....

I must concur, no more repeats!!! There are way too many other characters that need to be done first.

as for alternate costumes on the A-list characters, I would only like to see these:

Wolverine - Old Man Logan

Spider-Man - Negative Zone, Fantastic Four, Six-Arm, Captain Universe, Spider-Ham

Captain America - Modern Costume (Bucky)

Punisher - Captain America Armor

I also have no desire to see alternate costumes on B & C list characters such as Havok, Adam Warlock, Banshee, etc.....

The only exception would be a Modern Luke Cage

Why oh why do some of you people feel the need to perfect the Fantastic Four??? I would much rather get a Klaw or Wizard than another Thing. Let's count...

Sue Storm - 7

as for alternate costumes on the A-list characters, I would only like to see these:

Spider-Man - Negative Zone, Fantastic Four, Six-Arm, Captain Universe, Spider-Ham

I also have no desire to see alternate costumes on B & C list characters such as Havok...

1) I agree with you regarding all of the Fantastic Four EXCEPT Sue. There has not been a perfect version of her done yet. MAYBE the two pack one will fix that... lets hope it does.

2) You say no more repeats... Negative Zone and FF Costume Spidey??? Six-Arm??? Wanna talk obscure... Old Man Logan.

3) The ONLY version of Havok made was the shitty FA version with the stupid metal rings all over his costume. EVERYONE has been clamoring for a modern version of him.

Pretty sure your in the minority here guy.

Sue Storm - 7

I also have no desire to see alternate costumes on B & C list characters such as Havok...

1) I agree with you regarding all of the Fantastic Four EXCEPT Sue. There has not been a perfect version of her done yet. MAYBE the two pack one will fix that... lets hope it does.

2) You say no more repeats... Negative Zone and FF Costume Spidey??? Six-Arm??? Wanna talk obscure... Old Man Logan.

3) The ONLY version of Havok made was the shitty FA version with the stupid metal rings all over his costume. EVERYONE has been clamoring for a modern version of him.

Pretty sure your in the minority here guy.

regarding your post:

1) we will see what the two-pack brings for Sue. On a side note, I would not mind getting a Sue Storm in her Malice persona....

2) I am being realistic, as they will never altogether stop making their top charachters like Wolverine & Spidey. At least they have some costume changes that have not been done yet. I just don't want to see another Silver Surfer or Namor.....

3) I agree with you, that I am probably in the minority and I would not be surprised if we see a Havok/Polaris two-pack in 2009. I would just rather get someone we have no figure of yet than an updated Havok (such as Wolfsbane, Multiple Man, Siryn, etc....)

yeah...but they still give you A, B, and C list characters.(aquaman's fig is 100 times better than ANY namor) they are also covering the death of supes, which calls for the mullet supes(the black doesnt count...its a chase) and eradicator isnt superman. the point is, DCUC has covered more "collecting" ground than ML. series 1 has bats, penguin, etrigian, orion, red tornado, and metamorpho. wave 2 has aquaman, black manta, supes blue/red, harley quinn, and gorilla grodd. wave 3 has green lantern, nightwing, robin, deathstroke, sinestro, and grundy. wave 4 has batman beyond, ares, wonder woman, cap. atom, cyborg, and despero. they are off to a very good start.

Completely agree. They are currently doing a much better job. I think ML's theory of tossing in a big name with each series should have run it's course, or they should have at least dug up some really cool versions of each. There's plenty in the books to pull from.

GEEK

I'm a comic book aficionado before I became a collector of figures. I have read Marvel and DC books through the years. And I can say this, the BETTER product in the market will prevail. And the 6" line DEFINES the Action Figure market at this time and will not fade away even as Hasbro will try to eventually phase out the ML line. MATTEL's DC Universe is starting to level the playing field and starting to tilt the 6" market in their favor because of several FACTORS. One of them bringing a lot of fresh new characters coming off the production line. Secondly, first rate sculpts care of the Four HorseMen Studios. Third, their BAFs are starting to get bigger and better than Marvel Legends' offerings. ANd they are starting to veer away from reusing the same basic body molds from their earlier DC Superheroes line with newer sculpts They have a whole catalog of unproduced characters unlike Hasbro. And get this, . . . .they haven't gotten to the Image Universe characters yet. DC owns the license to such teams/characters from WildStorm Studios such as W.I.L.D.C.A.Ts, Gen13, Wetworks, etc. Can't wait to see Sister Zealot, the Coda, Lord Emp, Spartan, Grifter and Caitlin Fairchild in the not so distant future. For me, if the figure is a close interpretation of the print medium, then it fits my taste and I acquire the product for my shelf. I got into collecting action figures because of the overall presentation. FO Hulk did it to me two years ago at a WalMart. That figure just caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. It just jumps right at ya like straight out of the pages of the comic book and that is my standard, great sculpting and visual appeal! So Hasbro as you shift to 3 3/4" line and see these new things warm the pegs as you INCORRECTLY assess the market, MATTEL will now pick up the torch for the 6" inch and laugh at your own folly. Four HorseMen rules !

Reed Richards - 7

Sue Storm - 7

Thing - 9

Human Torch - 12

I must concur, no more repeats!!! There are way too many other characters that need to be done first.

I also have no desire to see alternate costumes on B & C list characters such as Havok, Adam Warlock, Banshee, etc.....

Yeees!!! Modern Luke Cage. I'm not the only one!.

OK, so it looks like most think "some" repeats, as long as they are different versions, are OK. Not preferable, but OK. AND, it looks like there are plenty of options for the "A" list character variations (Even with the Spidey, way over done line), so...

Maybe they can give us some decent two packs with a nice mix. Some "A" listers with real variations, lots of Bs and toss in some Cs. I'd buy the ExtArmor IM with Modern Luke Cage, and I'd buy the Hawaiian Shirt FlipFlop Wolverine if it came with legend sized version of the Icon Dark Phoenix.

GEEK

"Detective Batman" or gay-ass Penguin from series 1 to be made over characters such as Green Arrow a friggin Parademon? Did they need to release another Nightwing when the DCSH was so well-done or another Robin? Did ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT AND SOBER MIND REALLY want Superman Red/Blue??? Batman Beyond and Ares? Come on... Mattel isn't doing any better then Toy Biz or Hasbro man.

dcsh nightwing sucked hard....so yes! compair them and see. penguin is no more gay than mole man. superman red/blue are still characters, and the death of supes call for them to be made. batman beyond is one of the top selling dcuc figs to date, and ares is wonderwoman's arch rival so.... detective batman is the most know and iconic batman there is! he held that suit for how long??? as for robin, c'mon DOOM......you know that dick grayson and tim drake are 2 different people, with 2 different suits...sounds like youre getting angry.

Reed Richards - 7

Sue Storm - 7

Thing - 9

Human Torch - 12

Yeees!!! Modern Luke Cage. I'm not the only one!.

OK, so it looks like most think "some" repeats, as long as they are different versions, are OK. Not preferable, but OK. AND, it looks like there are plenty of options for the "A" list character variations (Even with the Spidey, way over done line), so...

Maybe they can give us some decent two packs with a nice mix. Some "A" listers with real variations, lots of Bs and toss in some Cs. I'd buy the ExtArmor IM with Modern Luke Cage, and I'd buy the Hawaiian Shirt FlipFlop Wolverine if it came with legend sized version of the Icon Dark Phoenix.

GEEK

well....so many characters have multiple versions...cool! i want modern cage, and i have no problem with bringing EVERY look of a character to light. i do have a problem when a collector's line only focuses on 5 damn characters. come on!....13 wolveys??? even if you want to make them all....do they have to be so close together? if you cut the wolvey, hulk, spidey, and ironmen numbers in half, you would've had modern cage years ago....or whoever else you wanted to see.

Naw Im not getting angry bro. I just hate when ML are compared to DCUC. They both have their flaws. They are two seperate toy lines made by two seperate toy companies.

I agree Mole Man is gay, but atleast they could have made a more modern looking Penguin. Detective Batman looked like he jumped out of the "Super Friends" cartoon. I prefer the Grey/Black Bats since I think it represents the most current realistic portrayal of the character. Superman Blue/Red was a badly conceived plot concept from the 50's or 60's that DC thought would be a good marketing tool to up sales on the Superman titles after the whole Death/Reign/Return/etc of Superman storylines were over... and it failed. They are very well done figures for sure... but who would have even placed them in their top 100 most wanted DC figures? No one. They needed either a Superman or Batman in the wave. Christ... look at DCSH, we had variants of Superman and Supergirl with a different colored "S" shield? Atleast when Hasbro has pulled this it made since i.e. Green Quicksilver. When did Supes ever have black on his "S" shield besides in Kingdom Come and that Supes "S" is styled different and he looks like a grandpa. As far as Batman Beyond being one of the best-selling DCUC... I cannot understand that. That show could not hold a candle to one of the best cartoonds of all time... Batman: The Animated Series. The design and premise of the show was stupid. Not musch different then X-men: Evolution or Spider-Man Beyond or w/e the hell it was called. Guess I am a purest when it comes to comics because besides stories that are one-shot tales of alternate realities like "What-If?" or "Elseworlds" with some exceptions like "The Dark Knight Returns" or "Kingdom Come", I despise non-canon universes i.e. Marvel's Ultimate universe.

I am not bashing EITHER lines... I am just saying its not really fair to say one line is doing better then the other or is superior to the other, etc. Sure, Hasbro has had some screw-ups... hell, I was one of the one's that was completely disgusted when I first saw Hasbro's ML's... but they have gotten alot better. If you dont like one of the lines, dont buy it. But dont bash it. And dont be like "Blah-blah Marvel is better than DC" or vice-versa because its bs either way. Enjoy the figures my friends... these are the golden years to be a comic fan and action figure fan!!!

I also want to see a modern Luke Cage.

I'm sick of the Tony's but I do think they need a real modern armor one. #$@#, had the movie been a smidget bigger he would've been perfect.

But there's a ton of characters for them to release...

From the X-World:

Havoc, Multiple Man, Siryn, Firestar (just once...please), Strong Guy, Sunfire, Dazzler, Tabitha, Shatterstar (I just want to see how they'd do the swords)

Others:

U.S. Agent, Black Cat, Cloak & Dagger, Northstar & Aurora

And villians like:

Fabian Cortez, Graydon Creed, Legion, Ord, Chameleon, Thanos, Penance, Black Tom

Cloak & Dagger