Marvel Legends Overload

pooda

Naw Im not getting angry bro. I just hate when ML are compared to DCUC. They both have their flaws. They are two seperate toy lines made by two seperate toy companies.

I agree Mole Man is gay, but atleast they could have made a more modern looking Penguin. Detective Batman looked like he jumped out of the "Super Friends" cartoon. I prefer the Grey/Black Bats since I think it represents the most current realistic portrayal of the character. Superman Blue/Red was a badly conceived plot concept from the 50's or 60's that DC thought would be a good marketing tool to up sales on the Superman titles after the whole Death/Reign/Return/etc of Superman storylines were over... and it failed. They are very well done figures for sure... but who would have even placed them in their top 100 most wanted DC figures? No one. They needed either a Superman or Batman in the wave. Christ... look at DCSH, we had variants of Superman and Supergirl with a different colored "S" shield? Atleast when Hasbro has pulled this it made since i.e. Green Quicksilver. When did Supes ever have black on his "S" shield besides in Kingdom Come and that Supes "S" is styled different and he looks like a grandpa. As far as Batman Beyond being one of the best-selling DCUC... I cannot understand that. That show could not hold a candle to one of the best cartoonds of all time... Batman: The Animated Series. The design and premise of the show was stupid. Not musch different then X-men: Evolution or Spider-Man Beyond or w/e the hell it was called. Guess I am a purest when it comes to comics because besides stories that are one-shot tales of alternate realities like "What-If?" or "Elseworlds" with some exceptions like "The Dark Knight Returns" or "Kingdom Come", I despise non-canon universes i.e. Marvel's Ultimate universe.

I am not bashing EITHER lines... I am just saying its not really fair to say one line is doing better then the other or is superior to the other, etc. Sure, Hasbro has had some screw-ups... hell, I was one of the one's that was completely disgusted when I first saw Hasbro's ML's... but they have gotten alot better. If you dont like one of the lines, dont buy it. But dont bash it. And dont be like "Blah-blah Marvel is better than DC" or vice-versa because its bs either way. Enjoy the figures my friends... these are the golden years to be a comic fan and action figure fan!!!

when mattel had dcsh, they could only do batman and superman characters. didnt you find it odd that dcsh ONLY consisted of those charaters, or anyone related? as far as bashing....dont have to! the proof is in the product. face it...hasbro's market for these figs suck! you have fans CRYING for figs other than wolvey! fans: "hey!...we would love a modern luke cage to go with my new avengers!" hasbro: "sure...we'll give you a modern wolvey" they dontcare what we want...EVER!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Detective Batman" or gay-ass Penguin from series 1 to be made over characters such as Green Arrow a friggin Parademon? Did they need to release another Nightwing when the DCSH was so well-done or another Robin? Did ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT AND SOBER MIND REALLY want Superman Red/Blue??? Batman Beyond and Ares? Come on... Mattel isn't doing any better then Toy Biz or Hasbro man.

dcsh nightwing sucked hard....so yes! compair them and see. penguin is no more gay than mole man. superman red/blue are still characters, and the death of supes call for them to be made. batman beyond is one of the top selling dcuc figs to date, and ares is wonderwoman's arch rival so.... detective batman is the most know and iconic batman there is! he held that suit for how long??? as for robin, c'mon DOOM......you know that dick grayson and tim drake are 2 different people, with 2 different suits...sounds like youre getting angry.

Plus, the Movie Masters Batman Begins and Dark Knight figs are just about to scale with the DCU figs so if they came out with a DCU modern Bats everyone would complain of too many Bat Men.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Red Robin in a future release. Also, DCU needs better BAFs. The ones they came out with aren't exactly popular unless you're a big time DC collector.

"Detective Batman" or gay-ass Penguin from series 1 to be made over characters such as Green Arrow a friggin Parademon? Did they need to release another Nightwing when the DCSH was so well-done or another Robin? Did ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT AND SOBER MIND REALLY want Superman Red/Blue??? Batman Beyond and Ares? Come on... Mattel isn't doing any better then Toy Biz or Hasbro man.

dcsh nightwing sucked hard....so yes! compair them and see. penguin is no more gay than mole man. superman red/blue are still characters, and the death of supes call for them to be made. batman beyond is one of the top selling dcuc figs to date, and ares is wonderwoman's arch rival so.... detective batman is the most know and iconic batman there is! he held that suit for how long??? as for robin, c'mon DOOM......you know that dick grayson and tim drake are 2 different people, with 2 different suits...sounds like youre getting angry.

Plus, the Movie Masters Batman Begins and Dark Knight figs are just about to scale with the DCU figs so if they came out with a DCU modern Bats everyone would complain of too many Bat Men.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Red Robin in a future release. Also, DCU needs better BAFs. The ones they came out with aren't exactly popular unless you're a big time DC collector.

thats why they made them in to bafs, instead of trying to card them. but if you look at it, if you like flash, you need grodd. if you like the LoD, then you need grundy. if you like the leauge, then you need metamorpho. if you like supes, then you need dspero and metallo. they have their reasons for their actions, same as toy biz did with legends(i really miss them!) they knew some of the characters that they neeed to do were just too big, so they came up with a trend setting idea to get us huge figs, for cheap.

If you are only counting specific ML's Pooda, then Captain America has 5 (not including the variant) and Spidey has his own line AND Marvel Legends.

Man, we got Ares and Red Hulk and BOTH have a Spidey. He is one of my faves, but give it a rest Hasbro.

I know the ideology is to have 2 or 3 A list characters for every wave, but the Marvel Universe is vast, give us something we don't mind spending our gas money on!!!

Did we really need 3 different types of Hulk in one wave???? Valkyrie or Bi-Beast could have gone there!!!

Give us more villains, and some B or C characters like the rest of Alpha Flight, Sting Ray, Starhawk, Warpath, American Eagle, Blink, the Thunderbolts, and other Avengers like Living Lightning for the sake of diversity. So many Iron Menadn Wolverines can leave a collector jaded.

And yeah, DCUC is off to a great start, but with the re-use of the same body mold over and over agian, the chances of seeing more Batmenand Supermen is highly likely. They already have 2 Batmen types and 3 Supes already and we haven't seen wave 5 yet!!!!

If you are only counting specific ML's Pooda, then Captain America has 5 (not including the variant) and Spidey has his own line AND Marvel Legends.

Man, we got Ares and Red Hulk and BOTH have a Spidey. He is one of my faves, but give it a rest Hasbro.

I know the ideology is to have 2 or 3 A list characters for every wave, but the Marvel Universe is vast, give us something we don't mind spending our gas money on!!!

Did we really need 3 different types of Hulk in one wave???? Valkyrie or Bi-Beast could have gone there!!!

Give us more villains, and some B or C characters like the rest of Alpha Flight, Sting Ray, Starhawk, Warpath, American Eagle, Blink, the Thunderbolts, and other Avengers like Living Lightning for the sake of diversity. So many Iron Menadn Wolverines can leave a collector jaded.

And yeah, DCUC is off to a great start, but with the re-use of the same body mold over and over agian, the chances of seeing more Batmenand Supermen is highly likely. They already have 2 Batmen types and 3 Supes already and we haven't seen wave 5 yet!!!!

i dont count caps by weather or not his mask is off. and to hell with the spidey line, he has PLENTY of legends as well.(box sets ect...) and if you look at dc characters, most of them HAVE the same body in the comics! they only draw like 4 muscular body types....so theyre pretty accurate to the books....looks and all.

Naw Im not getting angry bro. I just hate when ML are compared to DCUC. They both have their flaws. They are two seperate toy lines made by two seperate toy companies.

I agree Mole Man is gay, but atleast they could have made a more modern looking Penguin. Detective Batman looked like he jumped out of the "Super Friends" cartoon. I prefer the Grey/Black Bats since I think it represents the most current realistic portrayal of the character. Superman Blue/Red was a badly conceived plot concept from the 50's or 60's that DC thought would be a good marketing tool to up sales on the Superman titles after the whole Death/Reign/Return/etc of Superman storylines were over... and it failed. They are very well done figures for sure... but who would have even placed them in their top 100 most wanted DC figures? No one. They needed either a Superman or Batman in the wave. Christ... look at DCSH, we had variants of Superman and Supergirl with a different colored "S" shield? Atleast when Hasbro has pulled this it made since i.e. Green Quicksilver. When did Supes ever have black on his "S" shield besides in Kingdom Come and that Supes "S" is styled different and he looks like a grandpa. As far as Batman Beyond being one of the best-selling DCUC... I cannot understand that. That show could not hold a candle to one of the best cartoonds of all time... Batman: The Animated Series. The design and premise of the show was stupid. Not musch different then X-men: Evolution or Spider-Man Beyond or w/e the hell it was called. Guess I am a purest when it comes to comics because besides stories that are one-shot tales of alternate realities like "What-If?" or "Elseworlds" with some exceptions like "The Dark Knight Returns" or "Kingdom Come", I despise non-canon universes i.e. Marvel's Ultimate universe.

I am not bashing EITHER lines... I am just saying its not really fair to say one line is doing better then the other or is superior to the other, etc. Sure, Hasbro has had some screw-ups... hell, I was one of the one's that was completely disgusted when I first saw Hasbro's ML's... but they have gotten alot better. If you dont like one of the lines, dont buy it. But dont bash it. And dont be like "Blah-blah Marvel is better than DC" or vice-versa because its bs either way. Enjoy the figures my friends... these are the golden years to be a comic fan and action figure fan!!!

A lot of collectors today loved Super Friends, often with it being the first line they had as a child. Since the DCUC line was planned on being a spiritual successor to Super Friends, it only makes sense to make a Batman in that style, let alone the fact it hadn't been done in a 6" scale before.

The Superman figures are easily the best we've gotten of him ever, and since that body is being used for the new Classic Superman, we'll get a figure of the big blue boysout that will last a few years. And yes, they came up with versions of Superman and Supergirl that makes little sense, but the blue skirt Supergirl was again the first of that costume, and they released long awaited villains such as Mongul and Darkseid that hadn't been done by DCD (the version of Mongul still hasn't).

Again, a lot of today's collector liked Batman Beyond, and he hasn't had a (good) 6" scale figure done, so he makes a good deal of sense. That and the figure uses a body type that well-suits him, and the articulation is great. hell, the only bad part about him is the glossy finish on the black, and even that's an easy fix with some sealant.

And apparently you are bashing DCUC at least, if not both, since you are complaining about things that no one else does. And it helps to split you body of text into paragraphs to make it easier to read, and make you look less dumb. :spidey_deadtopic:

A lot of collectors today loved Super Friends, often with it being the first line they had as a child. Since the DCUC line was planned on being a spiritual successor to Super Friends, it only makes sense to make a Batman in that style, let alone the fact it hadn't been done in a 6" scale before.

The Superman figures are easily the best we've gotten of him ever, and since that body is being used for the new Classic Superman, we'll get a figure of the big blue boysout that will last a few years. And yes, they came up with versions of Superman and Supergirl that makes little sense, but the blue skirt Supergirl was again the first of that costume, and they released long awaited villains such as Mongul and Darkseid that hadn't been done by DCD (the version of Mongul still hasn't).

Again, a lot of today's collector liked Batman Beyond, and he hasn't had a (good) 6" scale figure done, so he makes a good deal of sense. That and the figure uses a body type that well-suits him, and the articulation is great. hell, the only bad part about him is the glossy finish on the black, and even that's an easy fix with some sealant.

And apparently you are bashing DCUC at least, if not both, since you are complaining about things that no one else does. And it helps to split you body of text into paragraphs to make it easier to read, and make you look less dumb. :spidey_deadtopic:

batman beyond was shiny in the toon. thats why he has that white body trim when they draw him.

I agree. They have gone overboard with the iron man, wolverine, spiderman, hulk, thor, captain america, punisher, and daredevil. enough is enough. I have every marvel legends that was ever made. (ebay!) My displays are about to break because there are too many iron men on them! If they didnt cost me so much money i would have taken the baf part out and thrown them away!

thats why they made them in to bafs, instead of trying to card them. but if you look at it, if you like flash, you need grodd. if you like the LoD, then you need grundy. if you like the leauge, then you need metamorpho. if you like supes, then you need dspero and metallo. they have their reasons for their actions, same as toy biz did with legends(i really miss them!) they knew some of the characters that they neeed to do were just too big, so they came up with a trend setting idea to get us huge figs, for cheap.

I get why they have BAFs. I just haven't seen one from DCUC that I say "OH I GOTTA HAVE HIM!!!" and then proceed to go out of my way to get all five in the wave. It just so happened that in wave 3 all five figs are really cool (to me) so I ended up with Grundy...whoever that is.

I get why they have BAFs. I just haven't seen one from DCUC that I say "OH I GOTTA HAVE HIM!!!" and then proceed to go out of my way to get all five in the wave. It just so happened that in wave 3 all five figs are really cool (to me) so I ended up with Grundy...whoever that is.

im not trying to be an ass, but...that was a very ignorant comment. if you dont like the bafs they make cool, but die hard dc fans love them. same as marvel die hards need their bafs. i dont see the need for ares, blob, or a lot of the figs they chose to be bafs, but who cares? theyre a bonus. i bought some of the rulk wave, and i had no intrest in rulk himself. i only buy figs that i want, no matter who's baf piece it comes with. i can trade, or buy the fig and sell it to someone that wants it. half of the people (on either side) dont know much about half of the crap that they buy anyway. not having grodd is like not having blob....both were important to complete a VERY popular team. same as most...