Nemesis series best wave of the year?

abazou

Ok when we compare the last couple of waves released this year none of them feel complete.. we're either collecting the whole set for the sake of the baf or for the sake of completing marvel legends, but none of them was a must own for the whole set. I mean the fing fang foom is one of the best bafs and that was basically the only reason people collected the whole set(she hulk, hulk end, grey hulk, son of hulk), same issue with the Ares wave... (Human torch, another spiderman, another vision).. i mean i know some of the re released figures are better (vision for example) but still we r missing lots of characters in the marvel universe and they should take priority. Soon we will be having the Nemesis wave and by examining the line up even if the characters dont look the best (we will know when we actually buy) atleast we are getting lots of needed marvel characters. Tigra, Nova, Astonishing beast, Blackbolt, DD yellow, punisher. And nemesis baf. I mean the nemesis set basically satisfies most collectors (x-men fans/ avengers fans/ or just ml fans)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've loved aspects of every line this year.

HULK- Probably my least favorite. I would have rather seen the figures cut from this line. The Valkrye was AWESOME, and needs to be released at some point. I loved the Planet Hulk Story and would have loved to get the Red King instead of another grey Hulk. But I love the fact that Skaar was made. It was timed perfectly which was something I had wanted to see the ML line do forever - time a figure well with an upcomming comic.

I've loved aspects of every line this year.

HULK- Probably my least favorite. I would have rather seen the figures cut from this line. The Valkrye was AWESOME, and needs to be released at some point. I loved the Planet Hulk Story and would have loved to get the Red King instead of another grey Hulk. But I love the fact that Skaar was made. It was timed perfectly which was something I had wanted to see the ML line do forever - time a figure well with an upcomming comic. Not to mention King Hulk. I was also happy to finally get Samson and Fing Fang Foom, which is an awesome BAF.

However I didn't think we needed yet another She-Hulk, especially one so undersized.

RULK - I loved this whole wave! Yeah sure, there were some quality issues and Target jacked us, but I was really happy to see Warlock, Spiral, and Union Jack. And as I was a fan Of planet Hulk, I knew who the Silver Savage was and thought the idea was cool enough. The Wolvie is awesome, and the Black Costume spidey was a great figure.

Ares - OK, I wish there were less repeats here, but Ares made it all worth it for me. I didn't need another Torch, I think the Vision is too tiny to put with my other Avengers, War machine looks good but there are just too many IronMan molds out there right now and Ben "the Clone" Reilly could have stayed unmade IMHO, he brings back to many bad memories of Maximum Clonage. But I never had a Kang, Vindicator shows hope for completing Alpha Flight (the twins are out there just waiting to be made).

The one thing this line had going for it was the surprise factor. They snuck upon us at San Diego, and got it out quick. Kudo's to them.

Nemesis - I'm afraid that it will come off as a cheap line. It was mostly produced prior to the quality improvements at Hasbro and may have alot of thier crappy joints and bad paint apps. Yes, I need Beast, Nova, Tigra and Blackbolt but another Punisher? I just don't think he's that cool that we need yet another, plus a variant. But at least the DD looks cool. But the wait has been sooo long, it's hard to get excited about them. But I'm sure once they are here i'll be psyched enough.

Personally I'm gonna soak up ALL of the 2-packs. These new ones are awesome, and are everything I've wanted for a long time. BRING ON ALL OF SHIELD!!!!

Rulk wave! Nemesis wave needed the new version of Nova and Black Bolt needs better articulation. "Elbrows" or "Hasbows" whatever you call them need to be done away with once and for all. For the record: I hate that type of articulation. Yes, I realize Adam Warlock has it, unfortunately. Anyway, I do still want the Nemesis set but I still like the Target wave (ridiculous price and all) better.

wait until you all see the pooda wave....man it awesome! :wink:

man i was waiting for ur reply on this post and thats what u say :)

HAHAHAHA! ito be serious...i like the nemesis wave best only because i want those punishers. (daredevil red if hes not too small.)

Unfortunately Daredevil reminds me of the tiny Silver Surfer/Vision body type. I hope I'm wrong about that.

HAHAHAHA! ito be serious...i like the nemesis wave best only because i want those punishers. (daredevil red if hes not too small.)

Unfortunately Daredevil reminds me of the tiny Silver Surfer/Vision body type. I hope I'm wrong about that.

its the tiny hmlff jhonny storm body :sad: the shoulda just used bullseye's body again.

its the tiny hmlff jhonny storm body :sad: the shoulda just used bullseye's body again.

Yes DD will be too small. Thats why Face Off will remain the best DDto date.

nope...SMC

nope...SMC

HELL NO. Face Off has the best DD headsculpt ever. They both have the huge round shoulders so that cancels each other out.

nope...SMC

HELL NO. Face Off has the best DD headsculpt ever. They both have the huge round shoulders so that cancels each other out.

he may have the face...but his body is trash! his arms are waaay too long, his feet are huge, and his sit doesnt even fit!

Oh but Black Bolt, Nova, Tigra, Astonishing beast, yellow DD, Punisher :)

i mean they surely complete some sets :)

yes they do but it would have been better if they came out oh i don't know LAST FECKING YEAR LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO!!!!!!!

that felt good lol

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the delay was due to quality so maybe they when they do come out, it will be with better standards.