Nemesis series best wave of the year?

abazou

Oh but Black Bolt, Nova, Tigra, Astonishing beast, yellow DD, Punisher :)

i mean they surely complete some sets :)

yes they do but it would have been better if they came out oh i don't know LAST FECKING YEAR LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO!!!!!!!

that felt good lol

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the delay was due to quality so maybe they when they do come out, it will be with better standards.

ya astonishing beast had problems

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait until you all see the pooda wave....man it awesome! :wink:

man i was waiting for ur reply on this post and thats what u say :)

HAHAHAHA! ito be serious...i like the nemesis wave best only because i want those punishers. (daredevil red if hes not too small.)

Unfortunately Daredevil reminds me of the tiny Silver Surfer/Vision body type. I hope I'm wrong about that.

its the tiny hmlff jhonny storm body :sad: the shoulda just used bullseye's body again.

Yes DD will be too small. Thats why Face Off will remain the best DDto date.

nope...SMC

HELL NO. Face Off has the best DD headsculpt ever. They both have the huge round shoulders so that cancels each other out.

he may have the face...but his body is trash! his arms are waaay too long, his feet are huge, and his sit doesnt even fit!

No he's all in proportion

wait until you all see the pooda wave....man it awesome! :wink:

man i was waiting for ur reply on this post and thats what u say :)

HAHAHAHA! ito be serious...i like the nemesis wave best only because i want those punishers. (daredevil red if hes not too small.)

Unfortunately Daredevil reminds me of the tiny Silver Surfer/Vision body type. I hope I'm wrong about that.

its the tiny hmlff jhonny storm body :sad: the shoulda just used bullseye's body again.

Yes DD will be too small. Thats why Face Off will remain the best DDto date.

nope...SMC

HELL NO. Face Off has the best DD headsculpt ever. They both have the huge round shoulders so that cancels each other out.

he may have the face...but his body is trash! his arms are waaay too long, his feet are huge, and his sit doesnt even fit!

No he's all in proportion

no he isnt.his hands come to the bottom of his billy club holder, and he looks like he put his suit on while it was wet.

Have you guys actually seen the Nemesis wave?? Unless they retool it before release, I think it could be the worst and most disappointing ML wave ever made; especially after being spoiled with Rulk and Ares.

Is this a joke? I am in total agreement with the thread starter. The Nemesis wave is probably going to be the best wave this year. The Ares wave character selection was pathetic. Which was the worst? Ultimate re-paint War Machine? The horribly articulated Ben Reilly? The repaint Kang? the one-thousandth Human Torch? the one millionth variation of Iron Man? or the repeat Vision? (Vision is the best in the wave, but I was happy with Toy Biz Vision). I only bought the figures for Ares, who is great but he is the same size as Crossbones. I think it is odd to choose to make a BAF of a character that is going to be the same size as a regular figure in the wave. The Red Hulk wave had some great figures that needed to be made (Adam Warlock and Spiral), but the rest were just okay. After Adam and Spiral, I only bought Silver Savage.

Nemesis wave has the best character selection of this year's waves (in my opinion) and the best BAF. Black Bolt has been on the most wanted of many a collector since the onset of MLs, and I personally cannot wait for Beast(my favorite comic book character). After his prominence in recent cosmic events, Nova is a must have, too. Daredevil looks great, and the Tigra is another Avenger to add. Punisher I could do without, but he makes only six figures to collect for the BAF.

And the BAF...I have been wanting this figure since the mid-90s when I first laid eyes on Holocaust. He was my favorite new character in AoA and on all hypothetical fanboy threads of "what BAF would you choose next", I have been putting Holocaust since the conception of BAFs. I cannot wait for him. Anyway, time consider yourself wasted.

Yeah well Tracy Mcgrady's arms can almost touch his knees while standing up straight. No one calls him out of proportion (just soft)

Not all people are built like basketball hoopsters (Tracy McGrady), some of them have overly long arms, huge hands (Dr. J), big feet (Wilt Chamberlain). Let's not exaggerate average characters appendages.

Yeah well Tracy Mcgrady's arms can almost touch his knees while standing up straight. No one calls him out of proportion (just soft)

Not all people are built like basketball hoopsters (Tracy McGrady), some of them have overly long arms, huge hands (Dr. J), big feet (Wilt Chamberlain). Let's not exaggerate average characters appendages.

Face off DD's arms may be just a tad too long as in a few mm but thats it. Hell I myself have arms just as long as DD. His go to mid thigh, no farther. That is in porportion to the rest of his body.

Face off DD's arms may be just a tad too long as in a few mm but thats it. Hell I myself have arms just as long as DD. His go to mid thigh, no farther. That is in porportion to the rest of his body.

looking at it, its not the arms, its the gloves from the wrist down. with his hands open, he has a mr.fantastic thing going on. and nova sucks...hell...almost everyone in this wave is a leave'em there fig except punisher, and maybe DD(gotta see them all to be sure)

Have you guys actually seen the Nemesis wave?? Unless they retool it before release, I think it could be the worst and most disappointing ML wave ever made; especially after being spoiled with Rulk and Ares.

Is this a joke? I am in total agreement with the thread starter. The Nemesis wave is probably going to be the best wave this year. The Ares wave character selection was pathetic. Which was the worst? Ultimate re-paint War Machine? The horribly articulated Ben Reilly? The repaint Kang? the one-thousandth Human Torch? the one millionth variation of Iron Man? or the repeat Vision? (Vision is the best in the wave, but I was happy with Toy Biz Vision). I only bought the figures for Ares, who is great but he is the same size as Crossbones. I think it is odd to choose to make a BAF of a character that is going to be the same size as a regular figure in the wave. The Red Hulk wave had some great figures that needed to be made (Adam Warlock and Spiral), but the rest were just okay. After Adam and Spiral, I only bought Silver Savage.

Nemesis wave has the best character selection of this year's waves (in my opinion) and the best BAF. Black Bolt has been on the most wanted of many a collector since the onset of MLs, and I personally cannot wait for Beast(my favorite comic book character). After his prominence in recent cosmic events, Nova is a must have, too. Daredevil looks great, and the Tigra is another Avenger to add. Punisher I could do without, but he makes only six figures to collect for the BAF.

And the BAF...I have been wanting this figure since the mid-90s when I first laid eyes on Holocaust. He was my favorite new character in AoA and on all hypothetical fanboy threads of "what BAF would you choose next", I have been putting Holocaust since the conception of BAFs. I cannot wait for him. Anyway, time consider yourself wasted.

I rarely post here these days but, I felt that this thread deserved a response. For the record, I've got to side with Balthus Dire.

Back when this wave was originally solicited as wave 4, folks were excited to hear that Tigra, Black Bolt, and Nova were all being included in this wave, along with fans of completing the AXM team with Astonishing Beast. A FA DD was also pretty high-up in want-lists/Top 10s, etc. The Bradstreet Punisher was really the WTF figure in the wave, that and who in the heck was putting Holocaust at the top of their list of BAF choices? The fit hit the shan when folks (myself included) saw how pathetically articulated Black Bolt, Tigra, and AXM Beast were. Keep in mind that the announcement of the Rulk and Ares waves was still a ways off, as Hasbro was revising their marketing plan for the line, shifting the BAFs (except for Foom) to exclusives.

Blackbolt - top 10 fan fave

Nova - top 10 fan fave

Tigra - top 10 fan fave

FA DD - top 10 fan fave

AXM Beast - fan fave

Bradstreet Punisher - WTF?

Nemesis - uhhh, not in my top 10, but it's cast in translucent plastic?

Spiral - top 10 fan fave

Warlock - top 10 fan fave

TS Wolvie - most iconic/widely anticipated version to not be updated (heavy hitter)

Black Costume Spidey - fandom has been calling for a decent update (heavy hitter)

Silver Savage - uhhh, Target wanted this? (heavy hitter)

Union Jack - much-welcomed pleasant surprise

Rulk - uhhh, not in my top 10, but a well-executed welcome addition (heavy hitter)

Crossbones - much-welcomed pleasant surprise

Guardian - top 10 fan fave (especially all those Alpha Flight fans)

Kang - many folks so happy at the notion of getting this guy for less than $50

Vision - some were calling for a redo for the ML7 version (I like ML7 fine)

Scarlet Spider - one of the last Spidey costumes to have a well-articulated sculpt, dare I say a somewhat-obscure, fan fave (heavy hitter)

HR IM - Walmart wanted this? (heavy hitter)

Ult. WM - Walmart wanted this? (looks like a heavy hitter)

Human Torch - Walmart wanted this? (heavy hitter)

Ares - uhhh, not in my top 10, but a well-executed welcome addition

I marked heavy hitter by the characters that the retailers would likely consider to anchor the waves. I do think that Nemesis may have had the most potential to please but, the execution overall was quite a letdown. Given some of the surprises character-wise in the other lines and how well they were executed overall, comparitively the Nemesis wave seems to be lacking, even with the notable absence of a real "heavy hitter." FA DD and Punisher are the closest thing to "heavy hitters" in that wave, just because each of those characters had a feature film.

Is this a joke? // Nemesis wave has the best character selection of this year's waves (in my opinion) and the best BAF.

Nope, no jokes here. The character selection in the Nemesis wave is top notch, but the actual figures themselves look like McDonalds toys next to the Rulk and Ares figures. Go take another look at the pics of the protos, then take a look at the protos for Ares and Rulk and tell me with a straight face that the Nemesis wave doesn't look like cheap garbage.

Like I said, if they retool the wave and bring it up to par, it could be a great wave. However, if they release the figures looking as bad as this:

026.jpg

Then yeah, I'd say we're in trouble.

The nemesis wave looks like the same quality as the Rulk and Ares wave, only better character selection. I don't know if you have the Ares wave, but the quality leaves something to be desired. The HB Iron man, Ultimate Repaint, and Guardian are flimsy, light, and poorly made. Of the nemesis wave, the punisher does look less than ideal but I will only get him for the BAF, so it does not matter to me. I think this wave looks good for Hasbro. And if the finished product looks like the advertised figure then the Holocaust could be one of the best, if not the best, BAF made in MLs. It is already the best Hasbro BAF, in my opinion.

The nemesis wave looks like the same quality as the Rulk and Ares wave, only better character selection. I don't know if you have the Ares wave, but the quality leaves something to be desired. The HB Iron man, Ultimate Repaint, and Guardian are flimsy, light, and poorly made. Of the nemesis wave, the punisher does look less than ideal but I will only get him for the BAF, so it does not matter to me. I think this wave looks good for Hasbro. And if the finished product looks like the advertised figure then the Holocaust could be one of the best, if not the best, BAF made in MLs. It is already the best Hasbro BAF, in my opinion.

It's so strange we can't all agree. So why should I?? I think the Ares waves figs, at least the ones I got are fine. My Guardian is tight and it's got TB articulation, so Yeah! While I love the characters selection of the Nemocaust wave, the figs all look like HB wave 1. Poor paint, poor design and poor articulation. The latter waves are much better in all there departments, so unless they reworked them and just haven't shown us...wait, they did rework at least punisher, and now he sucks more. Baby blue looks good on a killer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not that bad and suck it up if they are just like those early waves. Maybe they are just trying to turn more of us into customizers.

GEEK