Hulk and Doomsday?

LegendsCollector07

tarot doesnt know what shes talking about. dooms day has leaping ability simular to the 1930's superman that didnt fly, but leaped.

Doomsday was created and evolved through cloning an infant and having it killed over and over again by one of the most dangerous species of the universe and in one of the harshest habitats in existence, prehistoric Krypton. As such, he returns to life and becomes resistant or immune to what killed him before. After the Radiant killed him the first time they fought Doomsday grew immune to the latter's energy-projection, and even managed to withstand Darkseid's full Omega-Effect. The amount of damage dealt to Doomsday determines the length of time it would take to fully recover. During his outwardly undamaged death at Superman's hands he only needed some months to recover, but when Imperiex reduced him to a skeleton, it would take days.

Doomsday can also develop/evolve resistance from ordinary injuries. In the Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey series Superman used a sound gun to greatly discomfort him, but Doomsday's auditory canals closed up, making him impervious to Superman's weapon. Waverider once paralyzed Doomsday with chronal energy, but the second attempt backlashed. In essence, Doomsday gradually turns more invulnerable if not injured beyond his ability to recover, which is so far undefined. Doomsday has also developed weapons and abilities that counters the powers of an opponent. He managed to cancel out the pure-energy Radiant by slamming into him, and greatly extend his claws and develop a poison to strike Superman in flight and reel him in (Also in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey) or breathe flames against the fire-sensitive Martian Manhunter.[5] Doomsday is covered by bony spurs providing protection to his few vital organs (brain, eyes, nervous system) and acting as weapons on his hands, elbows and knees.

Doomsday possesses extreme physical strength that even rivals that of Superman, at one point enabling him to effortlessly stand his ground against the entire Justice League, including Superman and Orion (The Doomsday Wars). He was able to break Superman's left arm with limited effort, as well as outmatch and beat Darkseid unconscious in physical combat. (Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey) He is immensely resistant to heat, cold, and conventional damage, allowing him to survive on the most inhospitable worlds, or in the vacuum of space. Doomsday possesses seemingly inexhaustible stamina, and was not noticeably slowed down from fighting Superman for an entire day. His reflexes and speed are vastly beyond what's expected for his bulky size, and has been able to match Superman in this regard. He cannot fly, but rather travels by leaping miles at a time. Superman took advantage of this in their first battle by trying to keep him airborne, as the sky was his element.

Doomsday has a highly accelerated healing factor that allows him to quickly regenerate from most damage. When his side was cut by Superman with a plasma sword it closed within moments. As a result of his engineering, Doomsday does not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep and his body is almost solid mass with few vulnerable organs.

Doomsday is now genetically part-Kryptonian due to his genes having been spliced with Kal-El's, however with the exception of his flame-breath he has displayed no additional abilities. In fact he was shown weaker than previously when he was singlehandedly beaten by Superman, which should not have been possible given previous accounts. This was due to intellegence that he developed, causing him to fear the death that awaited him if he lost. He soon however lost his intellegence when sent back in time, reverting him to his original state of fearlessness.

Due to his Kryptonian DNA, he is susceptible to Kryptonite. Unlike Superman, it causes him pain but cannot kill him. This was done to render him controllable.

[edit] Weaknesses

Despite his ability to adapt to any attack, Doomsday is not invincible. In Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, Superman and Waverider sent Doomsday to the End of Time, where Waverider stated that even he could not survive, and Doomsday was shown to disintegrate and cease to exist. However, at a later point Brainiac's associate Prin Vnok traveled to the end of time and rescued Doomsday just before this moment had the chance to occur (The Doomsday Wars). A blast from Imperiex reduced him to a skeleton during the Our Worlds At War storyline, but he eventually recovered. After this death, Doomsday's body was recovered in a joint venture between Lex Luthor and Darkseid, and was spliced with Kal-El's DNA, giving him greatly improved intelligence, being able to communicate and analyze in regular manner, and displaying a form of flame-breath. The drawback being that he was no longer was free of fear, due to coming so close to truly dying, with almost nothing left to regenerate from, and displayed no signs of his former evolving ability, enabling Superman to conclusively defeat him for the first time. Doomsday's durability has been great enough to withstand the full force from Darkseid's Omega Beams, but he can nonetheless be injured. Superman has, in order of occurrence, been able to snap one of his knee protrusions, temporarily kill him with a blow to the head, cut through his body with his heat vision, and knock him out.

WOW pooda :biggrin:. You sure know your comics. I didnt know anything about doomsday and that was vwry imformative. Dooms day is so much cooler than I thought. Being killed and brought back over and over again. Thats awesome. I'm going to have to start reading some of the DC comics he is in. By the way do you own the figure? Because I want it. I was planning on buying it.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Superman_Doomsday-set.jpg

ok here's the deal

doomsday killed superman

superman beat hulk in marvel v.s dc

what would doomsday do to hulk?

do the math :spidey_deadtopic:

Ok for one you are not speaking of the same Hulk. You are speaking of the Hulk that was used in the very early issues of Hulk which is Savage Banner Hulk which calmed down into Bruce Banner the longer he fought. Not the Savage Hulk which grows stronger the longer he fights and the angier he gets. There is no fight in Marvel vs. DC with SAVAGE Hulk and Superman. That story was written on a popularity bias Superman had 4 titles at the time the Hulk had one so you write the story based around who the most popular is. By using Savage Banner Hulk instead of Savage Hulk they can justly write a story for Hulk to lose. Now when I put this topic up I clearly said Savage Hulk not the old Savage Banner Hulk that lost to Superman. Savage Hulk is very similar Doomsday as Pooda described with the wiki copy. Now lets do a little more accurate math according to the proper character stated. :hulk:

ok here's the deal

doomsday killed superman

superman beat hulk in marvel v.s dc

what would doomsday do to hulk?

do the math :spidey_deadtopic:

okay A) Doomsday never killed Superman, only beat really badly.

and B) Hulk has beat Super-man before and more then once.

prove it. anyway, anything is possible wehn both characters have changed so much. superman is weaker now, then he was 25-30 years ago. the hulk seems to be stronger than his 60's appearence. a superman vs the hulk match would either be a tie, or superman would win because hes more of a icon. we also dont know the limit to eithers power, as the more angry the hulk gets, the stronger he gets. the yellow sun plays a big part in supes power, the longer hes under the sun, the stronger he will become. doomsday just tired him out, once his body took in enough sun, he was back at it. who knows what they'll do? but if theyre going by the hulk stats that ar in the M.E., the hulk would have a pretty hard time with supes.(by the way, im NOT a superman fan by ANY means) here are the vs. books, and the bold print are the winners....(wolvy beating lobo is just weird)

Victor indicated in Bold type.

This debate could go one forever unless you specify which Hulk should fight Doomsday. I prefer the Savage Hulk because he's the ultimate wildcard. You never know what you're going to get. I like his unpredictability. Just when you think he's down for the count he gets more strength from somewhere and he turns the table on his opponent some how. I'll take the HULK'S side any day. :smile:

Hey Tarot, when did the Hulk ever beat Supes in a comic? I read a few of the crossovers over the years and NEVER did I see the Hulk win. I think, personally, that are a tie, but Supes has more POWERS. People confuse powers woth strength sometimes.

Now this is always debatable as is Thor vs Hulk, Supes vs Sentry, and on and on and on. But it is true that the Hulk was a model for Doomsday. the dude they all need to worry about though is Gog, he's a beast.

Ten bucks says it's because of the avatar.

That said, Pooda should know that he's a guy, since girls play with dolls.

wait what wrong with my avatar? that Shanks from One Piece my favourite Anime!!!!!

Plus, your screen name. Tarot (cards) are usually associated with women reading them.

that a stereotype. The tarots are a method to look into a person faith / future. No where does is says it has to be done by women. Beside i picked the name cause i had a character I created named that. and he is male.