Ares wave cancelled?

RockThe40oz

Ok, over on the TNI Marvel board, someone posted that they contacted Walmart about when the were receiving a new shipment and the responce he got was that the line was done, and after calling Hasbro he received the same info. Someone posted a little later on that they recieved the same reply. Have you guys heard of this? If so, it makes me want to say "So long Hasbro, ML WAS a good line once"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the start this item was listed as non-replenishable. In most cases that means stores will only recieve one shipment, two if they sell quickly. Basically the distribution centers (DC's) only recieve one shipment, and however long that lasts on a per store basis is how long the item is available. Most exclusives are listed this way through walmart, and this is not uncommon, however it does ensure that exclusives sell through, and don't clog shelves.

From the start this item was listed as non-replenishable. In most cases that means stores will only recieve one shipment, two if they sell quickly. Basically the distribution centers (DC's) only recieve one shipment, and however long that lasts on a per store basis is how long the item is available. Most exclusives are listed this way through walmart, and this is not uncommon, however it does ensure that exclusives sell through, and don't clog shelves.

If that's the case then how are these internet sellers going to fulfill all those pre-orders? Are they going to get shipments directly from Hasbro?

Well maybe not cancelled for all, but may as well have been cancelled to me. I've been checking pretty much everyday since the sightings first happened and haven't seen any. I understand limited quantities, store excules, won't go on forever, blah blah, but I would have thought they would have been available a little while longer, it seems like not long ago the sightings first started and now all thats left is what is in the stores already? And, since the quantities are limited, I'd say its a safe bet that a lot of people who ordered through BBTS and the like are going to have their orders cancelled.

okay how can something be cancelled when it was out already? shouldn't you be saying it finished?

The same way a show that's been running already gets cancelled. They decide not to make it anymore, thus it is cancelled.

Though this was not the case with the Giant-Man wave. They restocked several times. It would be sad indeed if it's cancelled. Lots of folks didn't even get a chance at it.

GEEK

Hasbro is showing its lack of commitment to Marvel Legends in this situation and limiting production of the exclusives. With their recent Q & A's galore talking about excitement for the Marvel Universe and some murky replies when it comes to Marvel Legends, how can they be so vague? DC Universe is going full blast with their waves and waves of BAF's and all we get from Hasbro is Duh . . news of their small Lilliputian, cum Star Wars sized figures. C'mon, why are they thinking this is gonna be the second coming of 3 3/4" figures. Let GI Joes be GI Joes, Star Wars be Star Wars and leave the Marvel line at Marvel Legends scale.

This doesn't explain why the Red Hulk Wave was waaaay more available @ Target than this wave is at Wal-Mart! I have seen Ult. War Machine & Human Torch at ONE Wal-Mart. I saw Red Hulk figures at all 4 Targets that I go to!

how can we explain it? maybe they just havent hit fully, or wally just hasnt order that many cases.

Hasbro is showing its lack of commitment to Marvel Legends in this situation and limiting production of the exclusives. With their recent Q & A's galore talking about excitement for the Marvel Universe and some murky replies when it comes to Marvel Legends, how can they be so vague? DC Universe is going full blast with their waves and waves of BAF's and all we get from Hasbro is Duh . . news of their small Lilliputian, cum Star Wars sized figures. C'mon, why are they thinking this is gonna be the second coming of 3 3/4" figures. Let GI Joes be GI Joes, Star Wars be Star Wars and leave the Marvel line at Marvel Legends scale.

AMEN !!!!!!!

It's very sad and frustrating. It's glaring obvious Hasbro is disenchanted with the legends franchise and will most likely phase it out. They should at least have the decency to keep a line out long enough to give collectors a chance to finish their collections. If not, make it known that this is how it's gonna be from the get go. I'm kind of tired of these unannounced surprises. We pay good money, support their product, and deserve a bit more than this.