Ares wave cancelled?

RockThe40oz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every line gets discontinued at some point. The FF Ronan BAF wave was very scarce as well, so this isn't unprecedented.

Not in my town. Walmart had so many of those that by the time Christmas rolled around they were on sale for $5 each. I grabbed the rest of the set at that point (wish I had grabbed every Inviso woman then had tho so I could ebay them - who knew that figure would skyrocket?!?).

But the Ares line discontinued in under a month? One shipment per store? Seems crazy. I was assuming it was due to slow sales with the Ronan wave.

I worked for wal mart. I know how their system works. It helps to know people there, because i can ensure i get my hands on them. Every store within a 4 hour drive of western kentucky recieved 24 total figures in the ares wave. Thats 2 boxes. They came in a display box that held 12 a piece. (i took the whole thing) No shelf tags were made for the figures, or shelf space. That means every day when they go through the toy department they dont even know the products are there, much less hiding in the back. What you need to do is talk to your store manager or send an email to wal-mart.com's customer service. I used to have the same problem here with not being able to find them, always being a wave behind until I got on their nerves and they started giving me what i wanted. Now my local wal-mart gets every shipment of marvel legends on time. in some cases they get them before their street date. Lucky for me, the stocker who works third shift (when they work their freaight) has my number and calls me when they come in. I go immediately and pick them up. if there are none on the shelf.... wal mart has handheld devices called a "telzon" that keeps track of what they have "on hand" or "in transit" ask for someone to use it to check how many they have. if they have none then you're s.o.l. but i can tell you first hand that wal mart employees do not care about marvel toys, and are not worried if they sell or not. they're getting paid either way, and sometimes they dont put out the stock if it means they have to print out labels, shift things around and what not. so when they check and the system says they have some, and are not on the shelves... make them go find what you are after. if they dont, get the manager. the manager will make sure you get what you are looking for. because they know there is a number you can call (1800walmart) that can get them fired. Its simple really. talk to the powers that be in your area, and demand it.

Another thing to note on Hasbro's end is that I once called them after the 2-packs hit (my cap was missing his interchangeable head) and they told me the line was discontinued (they also asked if I wanted to send my figures (yes they wanted Nick Fury too) in with no garuntees of a replacement or getting my figs back...****ers

as far as the replacement figures go, its not just hasbro. I found a bishop when he first came out, and his head wasn't connected properly. Though i noticed this, and was very careful taking him out using utility knife instead of just pushing him out, his head fell off. I called toybiz and they told me they would replace it, but did not guarantee i would get a bishop or even a marvel legends toy in return. They stated they only would guarantee that i would get a figure of equal value. luckily i found another in an out of town sam goody (entertainment store recently bought out by f.y.e.) and talked with them about it, and they offered to exchange it for me next time i came up. I was back the same day to get my bishop that had a head.

I worked for wal mart. I know how their system works. It helps to know people there, because i can ensure i get my hands on them. Every store within a 4 hour drive of western kentucky recieved 24 total figures in the ares wave. Thats 2 boxes. They came in a display box that held 12 a piece. (i took the whole thing) No shelf tags were made for the figures, or shelf space. That means every day when they go through the toy department they dont even know the products are there, much less hiding in the back. What you need to do is talk to your store manager or send an email to wal-mart.com's customer service. I used to have the same problem here with not being able to find them, always being a wave behind until I got on their nerves and they started giving me what i wanted. Now my local wal-mart gets every shipment of marvel legends on time. in some cases they get them before their street date. Lucky for me, the stocker who works third shift (when they work their freaight) has my number and calls me when they come in. I go immediately and pick them up. if there are none on the shelf.... wal mart has handheld devices called a "telzon" that keeps track of what they have "on hand" or "in transit" ask for someone to use it to check how many they have. if they have none then you're s.o.l. but i can tell you first hand that wal mart employees do not care about marvel toys, and are not worried if they sell or not. they're getting paid either way, and sometimes they dont put out the stock if it means they have to print out labels, shift things around and what not. so when they check and the system says they have some, and are not on the shelves... make them go find what you are after. if they dont, get the manager. the manager will make sure you get what you are looking for. because they know there is a number you can call (1800walmart) that can get them fired. Its simple really. talk to the powers that be in your area, and demand it.

The 2 that I found were on pegs with tags and shlef space made for them. No display box.

The 2 that I found were on pegs with tags and shlef space made for them. No display box.

fwiw, the person in charge of the toy section at my walmart said she got one case and put it down where she was going to make the pegs for it, went back to get some other things or whatever, was gone maybe 2 minutes, and they were all gone. So, no figs, no reason for her to make the pegs. Which sux because w/o the barcode she can't tell me when or if they will get more.

I've called Hasbro two times and spoke with two different people on there. I asked them about the marvel legnds series "Ares" and they told me it was cancelled. I've gone to 3 different Wal-marts in Springfield, MA and 5 Wal-marts in CT where I know the people that are in charge for the Toy section. They have all told me the same situation, There is no pegs for a seperate "Marvel Legends" section. I just had luck that they returned 3 Marvel Legends from the Ares Series. These were War-Machine, Human-Torch, and Iron-man Heroes Reborn

They all say the same and that is; "We will not recieve Marvel Legends' series "Ares". "

I made my order for the whole Ares series from the internet and they told me that they aren't so sure of the future, if they're going to cancel just that series completely or not.

In all truth, This could be the end..I called Hasbro and they have said that the marvel legends series "Ares" was cancelled from being distrubuted.

I get the other five from the series in EBAY, I pay more!!!

If someone knows anything new of this topic, Let us know, Please! :D

Not that I think that Hasbro is uber-committed to the 6" Legends line but, I don't think that their lack of commitment is what is making these so scarce at WalMart. I echo the poster's sentiments about Rulk still being available at pretty much every Target since at least mid-August (2.5 months), versus Ares seeming like a vapor at select WalMart locations for maybe a month (I contacted 5 area WalMarts and only 2 even had evidence of them in their system.) Another poster suggested that perhaps the scarcity has to do with how large or small Wally's order was for the Ares wave, or perhaps there's just a delay in the product getting to stores. I would tend to believe that WalMart ordered light on this wave, as opposed to production/shipping delays. Here's why - Nemesis is due out in a few weeks (likely to coincide with the official start of the holiday shopping season.)

The only reason I found my set when I did was because I'd heard another local guy found 'em in town. So, the next night (which was a Saturday) I went Wally hopping from about 10PM till midnight - which I never do, since I have 5 kids under 8 yrs old.) The third store I stopped at had 2 unopened cases. I politely inquired to the stocklady, who pleasantly grabbed the case from the pallet and opened one for me. I grabbed Crossbones and Kang and went away happy (I wanted Guardian too but, cash was a little tight.) I went home pretty happy but a bit regretful at leaving Guardian. My wife decided to get up at 5AM and go back for Guardian. She said that it looked like the other case was gone but, she was able to pick up the rest of the set for me. She's a keeper! At any rate, I'd surmise that that is why folks aren't seeing them on the floor when they get there before working in the morning or on lunchbreak or after work on the way home. That store only got in 2 cases from what I know and, I only ended up with my set because I happened to decide to go latenight pallet shopping on a whim. There's just not enough product out there for everyone, IMO.

I called the Walmarts in my area yesterday and all I got was "Are you sure this is something Walmart carries?" or "I don't have the ability to check that information" This is all Hasbro's fault. The last ML I can remember any of the Walmarts around here carrying wave one. The image of 10 Emma Frosts and X3 Beasts is still fresh in my mind. Because they got burned so bad on that wave, it seems like, as stated before, they are afraid it happening again. I'm not even going to mention all of the Judge Death's still sitting on the clearance rack...

And yes, the series is cancelled, same as a running TV show gets cancelled. When I called Hasbro yesterday, they said this line was cancelled and no more distribution would be made.

I spoke with a night manager (at the 2nd Wally I hit on my trip) regarding some locations saying they won't be getting the Ares stuff. He said that, depending on store size and how well that item (or item type) has sold in the past can often determine whether or how many of certain products are stocked. If a rural store has a large hunting section and sells a lot of crossbows, that location will likely have a pretty robust selection, as opposed to going to a more urban location where there are no crossbows ever stocked, since they don't sell in that part of the district. Toys are the same way. Certain kinds of stuff sells better based on location/demographic area. I would expect a Walmart located in a somewhat upwardly-mobile suburban area to carry a wider variety of toys and, many more high ticket items than say an urban location that caters to a lower-income demographic.

not only that but this happens everytime there is a waiting period for the MLs. It happen for the Hulk waves and the two packs and the Red Hulk and the Ares wave. every time there are a waiting period for legends some one go and say it cancelled and the next day we hear they are coming.

Come on people. Are you really going to believe that it is canceled again?!!! people who have been here a while know what i mean. and they are the people who should take it like a grain of salt.

i concur with devils due my store only got two cases and i had a #$#@# of a time getting the department manager to go get them even though i took a picture of the bin they where in (yes i work at walmat)my store was also the only one in the region( mobile.al) that got them according to the telzon. anyway devils due is right if it doesnt have a home it will sit in backstock for months (like the case of spiderman classics thats been their since may 08 2008).the best thing to due is find an assitant or comanager ask them for help and make sure you have the upc or item number.and yes my store still has one case as of last night

I think/hope the Ares wave is cancelled so they can make room for the Holocaust wave for the Christmas rush. They probably always planned the Ares wave would be limited. Did you notice the entire wave was repaints except for HR IM? That means the wave was cheap to produce and they didn't have high hopes for it.

Do you mean Nemesis wave? What's the Holocaust wave?