Ares wave cancelled?

RockThe40oz

I think/hope the Ares wave is cancelled so they can make room for the Holocaust wave for the Christmas rush. They probably always planned the Ares wave would be limited. Did you notice the entire wave was repaints except for HR IM? That means the wave was cheap to produce and they didn't have high hopes for it.

Do you mean Nemesis wave? What's the Holocaust wave?

there the same character.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think/hope the Ares wave is cancelled so they can make room for the Holocaust wave for the Christmas rush. They probably always planned the Ares wave would be limited. Did you notice the entire wave was repaints except for HR IM? That means the wave was cheap to produce and they didn't have high hopes for it.

Do you mean Nemesis wave? What's the Holocaust wave?

there the same character.

Thanks. Yeah, that whole thing (and the Onslaught thing) happened during my comic book hiatus so I have no idea who Nemsis is.

i concur with devils due my store only got two cases and i had a #$#@# of a time getting the department manager to go get them even though i took a picture of the bin they where in (yes i work at walmat)my store was also the only one in the region( mobile.al) that got them according to the telzon. anyway devils due is right if it doesnt have a home it will sit in backstock for months (like the case of spiderman classics thats been their since may 08 2008).the best thing to due is find an assitant or comanager ask them for help and make sure you have the upc or item number.and yes my store still has one case as of last night

Can someone scan the UPC and post it? That would help.

I think that those at Hasbro that say that it is canceled are scalpers in disguise. I see on ebay that people keep putting stuff up so don't give up hope! Someone asked about UPCs so I hope this helps:

65356932973 Crossbones

65356932971 Spider-man

65356932974 Guardian

65356933333 Ironman

65356932975 Vision

65356933334 Kang

65356933335 Ultimate Warmachine

65356932972 Human Torch

65356933332 Human Torch Variant

Went to my local walmart tonight. They said all their stock is out (they have some new system or something). They looked up the upc and said they have 48 "on order". This, tho, wasn't someone in the toy department and "on order" doesn't mean, "in route" or "shipped" in my experience.

They gave me the name of the manager in charge of that area. I'm gonna try to call her and give her my name and number. Apparently she's good at calling people when stock comes in.

"on order" is code for we didnt look and arent going to. "in transit" means its on the way. as for the people at walmart not having a barcode to scan, thats bull. You got some lazy jackass who doesnt want to do their job. They have what they call the "smart system" in which they can look up ANY product they sell to find a upc, or information on the product including inventory. Don't accept no as an answer until they have done everything they can. When you think about it you arent pestering or annoying them. Who cares if they have tons of stuff to do already! It's job security. (just like going to the cereal isle and knockin down every other box.)

I called a few in my area. They looked the up by UPC. Most said that they did not have the item and had no idea when they would get any in. One store, however, said that they would be getting them in a few weeks "closer to the christmas rush."

I wonder if this is true, due to the fact that my area (Long Island, NY) did not get the Red Hulk Wave or Two-Packs until much later than the rest of the country and I have yet to see or hear about any Ares Wave sitings aroun here either.

Makes you wonder, more shipments to come closer to Christmas?????

I called Walmart again and this time I got a much more knowledgeable guy. He checked the local Walmarts in my area and told me that there were none in stock in any of the stores close by, but that has store has 36 on order and that it didn't look like the had them in their warehouse so he said it would take 2 or 3 weeks for them to come in and to check back later. I'll give it a few days and call again. Only one Walmart around here seems to either have the ability or patience to look anything up.

Hopefully, for alot of us who haven't even seen them yet, this means they aren't missed, just not put out yet.

I can't understand, why when I spoke when someone (3 differents persons in HASBRO) they say the ARES series is cancelled!!, and the same with MARVEL ICONS AND HOLOCAUST SERIES, someone can explain PLEASE!!!

I was in 8 WALMARTS (CT,MA), they say the same thing...NOTHING IN THE SYSTEM, they say people came with the UPC numbers calling all the time...looks like we never get this ARES SERIES!, I'm a collector for almost 15 years and all this make me MAD!!! I was force yestarday to buy 5 from the series ARES in EBAY ($125.00), I don't have other choice, I canceled my order in TOYWIZ because they don't know if they get this series.

I can't understand, why when I spoke when someone (3 differents persons in HASBRO) they say the ARES series is cancelled!!, and the same with MARVEL ICONS AND HOLOCAUST SERIES, someone can explain PLEASE!!!

I was in 8 WALMARTS (CT,MA), they say the same thing...NOTHING IN THE SYSTEM, they say people came with the UPC numbers calling all the time...looks like we never get this ARES SERIES!, I'm a collector for almost 15 years and all this make me MAD!!! I was force yestarday to buy 5 from the series ARES in EBAY ($125.00), I don't have other choice, I canceled my order in TOYWIZ because they don't know if they get this series.

i have explained this to you. Hasbro Customers Service doesn't know jack squat of what going on in the stores. they still think that the Holocaust wave is from last year.

:wolverine2: I'll love get all my "MARVEL UNIVERSE', this be my dreams came true since I was seven years old, I spend my money an the same time I enjoy, just I don't like RUMORS, for me be bad the MARVEL LEGENDS BE GONE!! we had to help each and other with real information not RUMORS!!, the people I spoke in Ct WALMART I know them for over 8 years because they know I'm a collector ( I use to live in Ct, Rocky Hill, two bloks away from WALMART), they not have reason for say WE DON"T GET THIS SERIES, IS NOTHING IN THE SYSTEM, NO PEGS FOR MARVEL LEGENDS, PLUS I GIVE TO THEM THE UPC NUMBERS, SORRY WE DON"T KNOW!!!, I think we have try to contact someone on TOP IN HASBRO!!! and get the REAL TRUE...CANCEL FOR GOOD OR NOT!!!!!

:wolverine2: I'll love get all my "MARVEL UNIVERSE', this be my dreams came true since I was seven years old, I spend my money an the same time I enjoy, just I don't like RUMORS, for me be bad the MARVEL LEGENDS BE GONE!! we had to help each and other with real information not RUMORS!!, the people I spoke in Ct WALMART I know them for over 8 years because they know I'm a collector ( I use to live in Ct, Rocky Hill, two bloks away from WALMART), they not have reason for say WE DON"T GET THIS SERIES, IS NOTHING IN THE SYSTEM, NO PEGS FOR MARVEL LEGENDS, PLUS I GIVE TO THEM THE UPC NUMBERS, SORRY WE DON"T KNOW!!!, I think we have try to contact someone on TOP IN HASBRO!!! and get the REAL TRUE...CANCEL FOR GOOD OR NOT!!!!!

what?? Could someone please translate this????

I called a few in my area. They looked the up by UPC. Most said that they did not have the item and had no idea when they would get any in. One store, however, said that they would be getting them in a few weeks "closer to the christmas rush."

I wonder if this is true, due to the fact that my area (Long Island, NY) did not get the Red Hulk Wave or Two-Packs until much later than the rest of the country and I have yet to see or hear about any Ares Wave sitings aroun here either.

Makes you wonder, more shipments to come closer to Christmas?????

Well, since we haven't heard anything official, I'm guessing the first wave of these figures was only what hasbro had made at that point. I recall seeing the Movie IM w/ wings on hasbro.com for exactly one day. Then it was sold out. A week later, it was back...for one day. They are probably producing them as we speak and we'll see them in the stores in November. They aren't going to cancel something that gets purchased in one day and that's what's happening with this series. They probably made a limited quantity to see how it would sell*

*based on pure speculation due to the fact my walmart had so many Ronan figs they eventually went on sale for $5 each.

Just because hasbro is no longer shipping them out doesnt mean you wont find them. More than likely wal mart has them in their distribution centers and warehouses or in the stock room. Thats the only problem i have with wal mart exclusives. Wal Mart is lazy. If i didnt know the people at this one, im sure they would still be sitting in the stock room.

Ok, just got home from a local Wal-Mart and this is what the toy manager told me. When I asked if he had them, he said no, but they were on order. He also said that because the Ares Wave was an exclusive series that he had no idea when they were coming in, but indeed they were on order and more would be coming.

So, take it for what its worth. As an earlier post said, I doubt they would cancel a toy that has sold out everywhere.

Ok, just got home from a local Wal-Mart and this is what the toy manager told me. When I asked if he had them, he said no, but they were on order. He also said that because the Ares Wave was an exclusive series that he had no idea when they were coming in, but indeed they were on order and more would be coming.

So, take it for what its worth. As an earlier post said, I doubt they would cancel a toy that has sold out everywhere.

Yeah, I'm sticking to my guess that they just ran out of the first wave of production. I'm sure the shelves will be flooded with these figs soon enough. Hopefully they won't over produce like they did on Ronan (where until a few days ago, you could still get Human Torch, Reed, and Thing on hasbro.com).