Ares wave cancelled?

RockThe40oz

im kinda bitter about this but look at the brighter side of things

1. hasbro and walmart just saved us about a $120.

2. we dont have to flood out collection with varients of characters we already have (human torch, iron man, etc)

etc etc

hasbro didnt save me ****! now i have to pay a stupid amount of money for a crossbones...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local walmart now has these again. They originally told me they would only get two boxes. Well now they've recieved a total of 4. Maybe everyone else will be getting theirs too. Then again, i bought every last one of them as soon as they brought the pallet out of the stockroom, literally. Wal mart is a money grubber so they likely shipped more thinking they would sell out of those too.

My local walmart now has these again. They originally told me they would only get two boxes. Well now they've recieved a total of 4. Maybe everyone else will be getting theirs too. Then again, i bought every last one of them as soon as they brought the pallet out of the stockroom, literally. Wal mart is a money grubber so they likely shipped more thinking they would sell out of those too.

selling anything?

I can't understand, why when I spoke when someone (3 differents persons in HASBRO) they say the ARES series is cancelled!!, and the same with MARVEL ICONS AND HOLOCAUST SERIES, someone can explain PLEASE!!!

When they are done making them at Hasbro, the line is cancelled for them. Doesn't mean there aren't any to be shipped or plenty in trucks or warehouses.

The Holocaust line is indeed cancelled. The Nemesis line is not. Neither HAsbro or Walmart will know anything about a Holocaust line.

GEEK

Hello!!

You get four boxes for yourself? :wolverine2:

The Holocaust line is indeed cancelled. The Nemesis line is not. Neither HAsbro or Walmart will know anything about a Holocaust line.

GEEK

...they're the same line. Unless you were making a joke?

it a joke but i think he is trying to say "Does Hasbro Customer Service know the difference between them?" or something.

is robo high or from another country. anyway some more info for you guys if you ask a normal employee to look something up on a talzon they may just come up with on order for a more specific search ask an assitant or co manager as they can do a more through search on a talzon or on the computer( this is due to hourly employees not having as many search options on the gun there for they cant go as deep into the syetem to look)

From October Hasbro/Marvel Q&A from Raving Toy Maniac:

5. In the last Q&A session, you gave the collecting community the assurance that retailer exclusive waves for Marvel Legends would be readily available and easy to come by for consumers. There was some truth to that as I was able to build my Red Hulk figure after hitting multiple Targets over a few weeks, and I'm still seeing figures from the wave about. The same however cannot be said about Wal*Mart, which locally had received its Ares wave and was sold out in less than a 4-day period. It was through dumb luck that I got my complete set, but others have not been so fortunate, and many reports are confirming that Wal*Mart has these items listed as "non-replenish", a designation supposedly assigned to seasonal items and exclusives where local stores cannot make requests for re-orders, and instead have to take what is given to them, IF it even arrives in the first place. Now obviously you have no control over the distribution of these exclusives, but I'd like to use my question to hear from you guys as to what you think about this situation, especially when you consider that some of you are customers too.

Answer: The first wave of inventory sold through very quickly and reinforcements are on the way. Additional inventory has already shipped to Target & Wal-Mart & our expectation is that both waves will be readily available for the holiday season at their respective exclusive retailers.

From October Hasbro/Marvel Q&A:

5. In the last Q&A session, you gave the collecting community the assurance that retailer exclusive waves for Marvel Legends would be readily available and easy to come by for consumers. There was some truth to that as I was able to build my Red Hulk figure after hitting multiple Targets over a few weeks, and I'm still seeing figures from the wave about. The same however cannot be said about Wal*Mart, which locally had received its Ares wave and was sold out in less than a 4-day period. It was through dumb luck that I got my complete set, but others have not been so fortunate, and many reports are confirming that Wal*Mart has these items listed as "non-replenish", a designation supposedly assigned to seasonal items and exclusives where local stores cannot make requests for re-orders, and instead have to take what is given to them, IF it even arrives in the first place. Now obviously you have no control over the distribution of these exclusives, but I'd like to use my question to hear from you guys as to what you think about this situation, especially when you consider that some of you are customers too.

Answer: The first wave of inventory sold through very quickly and reinforcements are on the way. Additional inventory has already shipped to Target & Wal-Mart & our expectation is that both waves will be readily available for the holiday season at their respective exclusive retailers.

that my friend sounds like the most realistic version of the story I have heard. I refuse to believe that this Wave is cancelled and am confident we will see more shipments come through.....

also, could you post the link to where you got this??

thanks!

I hope what you poster RealOne is the actual truth. It would seem odd that, as stated before, the Red Hulk BAF is becoming easier to find (I know they are once I can find em here) so it would make sense that this would start to be easier to find as well. I called Walmart today and asked and the girl told me they had them, so I drove over there on my lunch break on my motorcycle to try and snag all of them that I could carry in my backpack, just to find they didn't have any. I don't think it was someone who knew what they were talking about.

From October Hasbro/Marvel Q&A:

that my friend sounds like the most realistic version of the story I have heard. I refuse to believe that this Wave is cancelled and am confident we will see more shipments come through.....

also, could you post the link to where you got this??

thanks!

That's pretty much what I figured (and said). Thanks for the confirmation! =]

Hello!

Looks like he's a scalper!!!

what the hell? maybe ur a scalper......ive been here longer than any of you and im a mod dont believe me? look at my feedback and the # of peopel ive helped out here. So dont run your mouth before you know anything.

And yes i found 4 case at walamrt last night, did I say I bought all 4? no