SO...WHO'S THE BEST FROM THE ARES WAVE?

pooda

well i am partial to ares then crossbones,hr iron man(i like how you can have him in the classic ironman using repulsors blast pose),human torch(this figure is awesome), vision,ben reily spiderman, kang,ultimate war machine.i gave guradian away to my friend from canada she thought he was awesome but i will be getting another for my collection then i can rate him.also for those of you who read the heros reborn comics what are those things on ironmans back for

It's not much of a competition.

The guardian looks incredibly disappointing compared to the prototype. The blue wash over the white ruins the paint.

The HR IM is too small, and his armour looks pink instead of red (at least in the pics, I could be wrong).

A repaint of a terrible ult. IM is still just a repaint of a terrible fig.

Kang is cool, but that character never really thrilled me.

The spidey is cool, but too small.

I like the HT and the variant but we just had a HT 2 series ago, and another coming in the box set.

Vision is just a re-release that I don't think was warranted.

and finally, Ares is a lame BAF.

Crossbones is a very good figure, no doubt, but for me it's got to be Guardian. To me, he is just an overall good figure with little to no problem. Crossbones is good, a little bulky, and I wish he had more wrist movement, but Guadrian just looks fresh to me. Kang has got to be a close second, only because I've wanted one for so long. Crossbones third, but all are very close!

... except that Ult Warmachine, that sucks

Crossbones is a very good figure, no doubt, but for me it's got to be Guardian. To me, he is just an overall good figure with little to no problem. Crossbones is good, a little bulky, and I wish he had more wrist movement, but Guadrian just looks fresh to me. Kang has got to be a close second, only because I've wanted one for so long. Crossbones third, but all are very close!

im confused what do you mean by the Guardian looks fresh?

he is just a recycled figure base (a great one at that he is second in my list after Crossbones) but nothing really fresh bout him.

yeah...crossbones's wrist do need to swivel.

CROSSBONES, for me, as well. He and ARES are the only two I want from this line, but I'm going to have to resort to going to some after market to find one.

why?

I don't want to buy a bunch of figures that I don't want so I can build Ares. Hopefully I can find one in these forums, or on ebay, for a reasonable price. I've got one version, or another (Scarlet Spider from Spider-Man Classics line), of all the other characters, except for Guardian. Which, I might break down and get, anyways. I'm not a completist. I usually can't get Target exclusives, because there aren't any nearby.