ARES!!

lobox42

Man, last time I checked this wasn't the classifieds, if you want to sell your "friends own comic shop owner" or whatever do it there or on ebay. As far as I can tell, you are a scalper, just like Cylix3341 selling $15 DCU. Peddle your wares some place else.

I'm a scalper? just I try to help some COLLECTORS, I think you don't understand the word collector means, THE REAL COLLECTORS SOME TIMES PAID BIG BUCKS!!! REAL COLLECTORS!! WITH REAL JOBS!!! for that reason I have all the MARVEL LEGENDS, DCUC AND THE MEDICOM AND HOT TOYS HEROES!!! :wolverine2:

Ok not a scalper hu? Lets see you are selling Crossbones, the most wanted one, for $15, and then you have like 4 of everyone else (with 8 Spiderman and 10 HT) and they are all $13 a piece. You said your friend owns a comic shop, but for some reason he got the EXCLUSIVE Walmart wave. Now, there may be a way for your friend to have ordered these, I don't know about that, but what I do know is if he wants to sell them so badly, do it through ebay or post in the classified on this board, but not here. Just seems odd that your friends comic store is selling one figure for more money then the others and it isn't scalping. Just seems funny. Oh also, seemed like when you first announced to everyone you had these figures, you put up like three posts for it. You may just be trying to help, but seems like these were bought with the intent of making a profit, not just some guy trying to help out some other guy. But this is all just IMHO.

Pleasing to everyones! Do be not to be tryng to get the mad at him for the helping of his friend the comic store owner! He is to be only the nice of helping a good good friend and the COLLECTORS! I am much happy that he is to being here in the internets with his sellings so that we can be finding the ARES WAVE! Many wanters of the ares wave are being to the looking of here to find the toys we need and to want them! Thank you!

Man, last time I checked this wasn't the classifieds, if you want to sell your "friends own comic shop owner" or whatever do it there or on ebay. As far as I can tell, you are a scalper, just like Cylix3341 selling $15 DCU. Peddle your wares some place else.

I'm a scalper? just I try to help some COLLECTORS, I think you don't understand the word collector means, THE REAL COLLECTORS SOME TIMES PAID BIG BUCKS!!! REAL COLLECTORS!! WITH REAL JOBS!!! for that reason I have all the MARVEL LEGENDS, DCUC AND THE MEDICOM AND HOT TOYS HEROES!!! :wolverine2:

Ok not a scalper hu? Lets see you are selling Crossbones, the most wanted one, for $15, and then you have like 4 of everyone else (with 8 Spiderman and 10 HT) and they are all $13 a piece. You said your friend owns a comic shop, but for some reason he got the EXCLUSIVE Walmart wave. Now, there may be a way for your friend to have ordered these, I don't know about that, but what I do know is if he wants to sell them so badly, do it through ebay or post in the classified on this board, but not here. Just seems odd that your friends comic store is selling one figure for more money then the others and it isn't scalping. Just seems funny. Oh also, seemed like when you first announced to everyone you had these figures, you put up like three posts for it. You may just be trying to help, but seems like these were bought with the intent of making a profit, not just some guy trying to help out some other guy. But this is all just IMHO.

To further your point:

When he first listed Crossbones, it was 13, then it went up to 14 and now its 15.

Just because he isn't being ridiculous about it doesn't make him less of a scalper. Would you charge extra for something?

no. but i dont own a comic shop either. if i go some where to get something for the general purpose of helping, being thrown a little gas money would hurt. seeing as im always going to the stores anyway, i usually dont charge. BUT! when i went all the way from milwaukee to sussex, i charged 5.00 gas. if he needs to keep the lights on in the shop, or keep inventory, he has to make a profit. besides, hes nowhere NEAR as bad as some of these comic shops! (25.00 for crossbones/guardian/kang)

Yea it's fair if you're going out of your way. But if he's concerned about eating, keeping the lights on, etc - he knows how to get to ebay.

thats not really fair considering most comic shops HAVE to make a profit. are CS's like scalpers....yes.(the buy for cost and sell for higher) but how do you function if you waste your gas and time finding these figs, and selling them for what you paid? but, hey!....its your opinion.

I understand that ya, a few bucks here, a few bucks there, it's not much, but we can tell that the so called "comic store owner" should either order less for his store, or post in the classifieds/ebay. When someone starts a couple of posts saying he has a bunch of extra figures from a series that people are trying to find and they are higher then cost, sounds like a scalp to me. This isn't a forum for comic shop owners who want to sell extra things they have on the shelf, this is a forum for people who have the same general interest and want to talk to each other and help each other out. I understand that the arguement can be made that he is helping us with this offer, just like scalpers are technically helping people out (for a profit naturally) but where do we draw the line? In this same post, some other joker said he has DCUC for $15 a pop too. It's like a flood gate, if it starts here, it will just continue with people selling for more than price left and right. One of my favorite things about this board is our willingness to help each other out, even though we have no idea who we really are. We can't, as forum members, allow this sort of thing to happen here. If I am looking for a figure to buy I'll check the classifieds forum or ebay.

Just because he isn't being ridiculous about it doesn't make him less of a scalper. Would you charge extra for something?

no. but i dont own a comic shop either. if i go some where to get something for the general purpose of helping, being thrown a little gas money would hurt. seeing as im always going to the stores anyway, i usually dont charge. BUT! when i went all the way from milwaukee to sussex, i charged 5.00 gas. if he needs to keep the lights on in the shop, or keep inventory, he has to make a profit. besides, hes nowhere NEAR as bad as some of these comic shops! (25.00 for crossbones/guardian/kang)

THANKS MY FRIEND!! I LIVE IN MA I HAVE TO DRIVE FOR OVER AND HOUR TO CT, JUST FOR SEE THIS GUY ( COMIC BOOK OWNER), HE GOT A LOT STUFF FROM OTHERS DEALERS, REMENBER I COLLECT COMICS TO, AND I HAVE TO GET MY MONEY IN SOME WAY BECAUSE I GET THE PAYMENTS BY PAYPAL AND IS NOT FOR FREE, COLLECTORS PAY DON'T CRY!!.

MY FRIEND POODA IF YOU NEED SOMETHING LET ME KNOW I DO ALL IN POWER FOR HELP YOU IN YOUR COLLECTION, THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

I understand that ya, a few bucks here, a few bucks there, it's not much, but we can tell that the so called "comic store owner" should either order less for his store, or post in the classifieds/ebay. When someone starts a couple of posts saying he has a bunch of extra figures from a series that people are trying to find and they are higher then cost, sounds like a scalp to me. This isn't a forum for comic shop owners who want to sell extra things they have on the shelf, this is a forum for people who have the same general interest and want to talk to each other and help each other out. I understand that the arguement can be made that he is helping us with this offer, just like scalpers are technically helping people out (for a profit naturally) but where do we draw the line? In this same post, some other joker said he has DCUC for $15 a pop too. It's like a flood gate, if it starts here, it will just continue with people selling for more than price left and right. One of my favorite things about this board is our willingness to help each other out, even though we have no idea who we really are. We can't, as forum members, allow this sort of thing to happen here. If I am looking for a figure to buy I'll check the classifieds forum or ebay.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS PEOPLE, ALL THIS LAST WEEKS EVERYBODY CRYING FOR MAYBE NEVER SEE THE MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES ARES, I DON'T PUT ANYTHING IN EBAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?? ...HELP YOU GUYS!!! I HAVE SOME CONTACTS, YOU KNOW WY?? BECAUSE I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY IN MY COLLECTION, I'M A REAL COLLECTOR!! I TRY TO HELP SOME "COLLECTORS" IN THIS SITE, WHAT I SEE IN THIS SITE IS ONLY A BUNCH A KIDS WITH NOT JOBS THEY WANNA BE A COLLECTORS, HELLO!! COLLECTORS SPEND MONEY...AGAIN REAL COLLECTORS!!! :wolverine2:

HOW YOU HELP OTHER COLLECTORS? CRYING ALL THE TIME, THAT MEANS HELP??

I DON'T THING YOU BUY ANYTHING IN EBAY, YOU ARE CHEAP!!!

Look, I'll admit, maybe I used the word scalper a little harshly, but I still think it's not cool. When I just see a list of figures, with how many are already on hand and a higher price, not much of a higher price but one none the less, and one of those figures is priced even higher than the others because he is more sought after, it just kind of feels like someone is setting up shop. Which is fine, no big deal, everyone's gotta make a buck, but whatever. I don't really care at this point.

Don't take it too hard lobox, I can see where you are coming from and you are just trying to help out. No hard feelings man.

Look, I'll admit, maybe I used the word scalper a little harshly, but I still think it's not cool. When I just see a list of figures, with how many are already on hand and a higher price, not much of a higher price but one none the less, and one of those figures is priced even higher than the others because he is more sought after, it just kind of feels like someone is setting up shop. Which is fine, no big deal, everyone's gotta make a buck, but whatever. I don't really care at this point.

Don't take it too hard lobox, I can see where you are coming from and you are just trying to help out. No hard feelings man.

my friend take your numbers I don't make big bucks, just I get my money back, I live in MA and the comic shop is in CT...