2009 Legends

Chunkylover

it hasnt been 2 weeks since the ares series became available enough to be called "mass production" figs. i think we'll seesome bits and pieces, but most of the stuff will probally come in 2009, but i think its safe to assume that we should never panic about hasbro figs. EVERYTHING they put out gets milked to the bone.

I'm guessing we won't get any news on MLs till after March (I think that's when the 3 3/4 figs are supposed to be released).

I read that 2009 is Marvel's 70th anniversary so that might mean we see some more re-do's of old figs w/ new variants (Old Cap/New Cap; Old Thor/New Thor?) or something else that fits into the anniversary.

I'm guessing we won't get any news on MLs till after March (I think that's when the 3 3/4 figs are supposed to be released).

I read that 2009 is Marvel's 70th anniversary so that might mean we see some more re-do's of old figs w/ new variants (Old Cap/New Cap; Old Thor/New Thor?) or something else that fits into the anniversary.

Good call.

Is anyone else disturbed that it's a Spidey Smiley thats beating the horse?

Thats just creepy.

Oh, In Marvel Legends news; Wizard World Texas and the NYCC in February, Hasbro has a whole bunch of NOTHING to show everybody.

Except Wolverine Movie figures. Using old TNA wrestlers sculpts.

Ah yeah! More Wolverine figs! We didn't have NEAR enough of those!!!! YEAH!!! :wolverine2:

I actually think Hasbro did us a favor with the current 2 waves that are out, Red Hulk & Ares. They got in a bunch of figures that fans wanted Crossbones, Spiral, Guardian, Adam Warlock, brought back Kang, and re painted the best looking Wolverine from series 6, the Art Adams version. I think most of us know that the 4" line is going to fail. It did lousy under the Toybiz logo and will suck under the Hasbro logo. Know why? When faced with a version of your hero bigger, I believe kids will want the bigger more colorful version. Now if collectors stay away from that pissany line, cuz you know they put out some weird character to bring them in, then that line will crash and burn in record time. Also dont forget that AUgust is more realisticaly Hasbros January for product. Expect to start hearing about stuff come March would be my guess as all of the stuff they have previously showed us will finish shipping about that point. Also with the success of EXCLUSIVE lines at Target and 2 at Wally WOrld, you know they will be itching to do it again.

I think most of us know that the 4" line is going to fail.

oh you mean even though we have been asking for a 4 inch line since hasbro took over.

People before you make a comment like this THINK!!!!!

I would love to see a pole of Marvelous forum boarders who are anticipating the 3 3/4 line vs ML continuing.

Cause other than a few VERY vocal supporters of the 4 inchers, this board seems to be pretty negative towards the little guys. This is just an observation, so don't get all uppity over the comment, but I would like to get a more "real time" response to what people here would actually prefer.

oh you mean even though we have been asking for a 4 inch line since hasbro took over.

I would love to see a pole of Marvelous forum boarders who are anticipating the 3 3/4 line vs ML continuing.

Cause other than a few VERY vocal supporters of the 4 inchers, this board seems to be pretty negative towards the little guys. This is just an observation, so don't get all uppity over the comment, but I would like to get a more "real time" response to what people here would actually prefer.

I never said anything bout MU vs ML. I think they should both come out.

I never said anything bout MU vs ML. I think they should both come out.

Not sayin' your sayin'.

I'm just sayin, you asked people to be thoughtful, and I wondered where the majority of people stand. I visit a couple of boards and depending where you are there is a shift in what people want to see in the future. Generally I see the Marvelous News boards as pro ML, while even as close as the TNI marvel board, it seems to skew more the other way.

Personally, to me, IMHO, if ML goes away so does my desire to collect marvel figures. YET, if ML is still around, and I'm still a marvel collector who's happy, I'm more likely to purchase the smaller figures. I've stuck through the toy switch once before and don't want to do it again.

I have no interest in the 3 3/4 line. All my figures and setups are for 6" scale, and I am not going to start over with 3 3/4. If Hasbro says "sorry guys, we won't be making any more ML, just buy the Fury Files instead" I will have to say good bye new Marvel Figures. I am sure I am not the only one. I'm not into GI Joes or Star Wars, so no way I am starting a new 3 3/4 collection. Sorry Hasbro.

Funny, I have been a member of these boards now for a few years and I can count on 1 hand the number of people asking for a 4" line.Bottom line it makes sense for them to make all their figures one size and open up a HUGE world of play for people. ALso you would think it would lower their costs down, but it doesnt cuz they are greedy when it coes down to it. I think the MAJORITY of people here will quit ML 6' if Hasbro drops the line. I think perhaps a 3rd of the people will buy the lil legends only for perhaps a fav or obscure character. And lastly, I feel only a quarter will be initially dissatisfied with what they see and play with once the 4" guys get released. So 100 people for ML 6" take a 3rd away for the 4" turds and you get say 30. Take another quarter who will quit after seeing or playing with the initial launch would be 7 not happy. Those are just some guesstimates based on what I saw when Toybiz released these lil nubs awhile back. A few of you will hang on but my opinion this 4" line is doomed to fail.

Funny, I have been a member of these boards now for a few years and I can count on 1 hand the number of people asking for a 4" line.Bottom line it makes sense for them to make all their figures one size and open up a HUGE world of play for people. ALso you would think it would lower their costs down, but it doesnt cuz they are greedy when it coes down to it. I think the MAJORITY of people here will quit ML 6' if Hasbro drops the line. I think perhaps a 3rd of the people will buy the lil legends only for perhaps a fav or obscure character. And lastly, I feel only a quarter will be initially dissatisfied with what they see and play with once the 4" guys get released. So 100 people for ML 6" take a 3rd away for the 4" turds and you get say 30. Take another quarter who will quit after seeing or playing with the initial launch would be 7 not happy. Those are just some guesstimates based on what I saw when Toybiz released these lil nubs awhile back. A few of you will hang on but my opinion this 4" line is doomed to fail.

I kinda agree and I'll add another reason: All the stores in my area are chock full of Indiana Jones figs; So much so that a few months ago Walmart had em at 2 bucks apiece. They also have tons of Star Wars figs. And while they don't really have a lot of Joe's, they also seem to have the same ones forever (meaning, they really aren't selling well either). Now they want to add another set of figs to the 3 3/4 set.

(not to mention the 3 3/4 DCUI / Dark Knight figs that don't seem to be selling well)

I sure won't be collecting the 3 3/4 figs. I'm running out of display room as it is.

I have no interest in the 3 3/4 line. All my figures and setups are for 6" scale, and I am not going to start over with 3 3/4. If Hasbro says "sorry guys, we won't be making any more ML, just buy the Fury Files instead" I will have to say good bye new Marvel Figures. I am sure I am not the only one. I'm not into GI Joes or Star Wars, so no way I am starting a new 3 3/4 collection. Sorry Hasbro.

i've lost my intrest in them as well.