Know your MLs better

abazou

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry it's one of my pet peeve. They buy the figures and make a want list yet don't read the comics.

Yet when a trully important and classic Character like Baron Zemo comes out they say " who's that? don't know him. don't want him".

with all due respect luffy i read comics before u were born :) but there's no way i can read every single marvel comic out there. Too many marvel books out there.. and i dont only follow marvel, i read dc, gi joe and mangas as well.

before i was born what are you like 40?

Nope 28, one piece ownz btw :)

your only 4 year older then me mate and i don't think your were reading comics when you were four.

Man... I actually have been reading comics before either of you were born... :sad:

the reason why the Secret Invasion is hot trash is that it is an immensely convoluted story where the best parts are the back stories in the New Avengers (and possibly Mighty Avengers). The actual "fights" in the main book are short and weak. No real substance. Just enough to keep your interest but not really going anywhere. it is truly a great idea, but I guess 8 issues is really not enough. And once the whole Skrull armada showed up and later announced their plans, the "secret" was definitely out.

Some good side stories are: New Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, and Thor: Secret Invasion. Main plot is simply about the 2 Avengers teams trying to decipher WHO is actually a Skrull. Without the back stories to help explain everything, it cannot stand as a good piece of fiction.

that is at least my humble opinion.

ares is there just until the writers know what to do until thor comes back, like make him come back with a bang. remember that stupid teaser during the civil war when they made us hyped up to see thor coming back, but then it was just an adroid. DAMMIT!

but yeah, i think when thor comes back they'll just never mention ares again, just like how they never mention that other dude like thor...damn whats his name? i think its thunderstrike or something.

ares is there just until the writers know what to do until thor comes back, like make him come back with a bang. remember that stupid teaser during the civil war when they made us hyped up to see thor coming back, but then it was just an adroid. DAMMIT!

but yeah, i think when thor comes back they'll just never mention ares again, just like how they never mention that other dude like thor...damn whats his name? i think its thunderstrike or something.

Actually ur wrong about ares, he's not related to thor's existance in the comics.. he's now more focused on Herc his brother so even if ares leaves or gets kicked out of the avengers he will still be following the herc stories in whcihever book they r. Now being the incredible herc (great book btw)

I too think that Civil War is superior to Secret Invasion in every way. Yeah Civil War ended on kind of a cop out and left you hanging, but it did set up a lot of stuff. While I hated the "revealing" of Spidey's identity, I hated even more the Marvel "masterpiece" attempt to cover it up, but the story where he beats the hoo-hah out of Kingpin is PRICELESS.

and since this is about stories and character development.

Union Jack: when the OLD invaders had him and he gained lighting powers from Thor (forgot the issues)

Thor: The Celestial Saga/ Twilight with Surtur & Beta Ray Bill/ Thor Disassembled/ The Warrior's Madness when he took on Thanos, Doc Strange, & the Infinity Watch

Hulk: issues 290 - 300, and what I read of Planet Hulk, and when he was working with the Pantheon

Avengers: anything by George Perez, the Ultorn War, The Gahering Saga about Sersi & the Black Knight

Thanos: Infinity Gautlet

X-Men: Pheonix Saga/ Hellfire Club thingy, original series when Nimrod appeared, the Brood saga, Age of Apocalypse (fantastic writing), God Loves, Man Kills

Spidey: too many to mention

civil war is why im still reading marvel. but if steve rogers is dead, why the hell are they bringing his ass back, stop with that sh1t already. it'll just ruin how i feel about that whole story. the only person that should come back from the dead is my hot ass ex chick psylocke.

What psylock is still dead?

thanks for the list bigbear

Ninjak made some good recommendations. Also, I believe they have put out CD-Rom sets of X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Avengers that have EVERY comic of each run up to about issue 500, including annuals.

Hmmm..that gives me an idea.

where could i find these Cd-roms you are talking about?

Most comicbook stores have them. The iron man and cap ones aren't as expensive as ninjak says,i've seen them around and they go for the same price as the others.

civil war is why im still reading marvel. but if steve rogers is dead, why the hell are they bringing his ass back, stop with that sh1t already. it'll just ruin how i feel about that whole story. the only person that should come back from the dead is my hot ass ex chick psylocke.

It's funny how different people see things differently. Civil War is why I basically QUIT reading most Marvel comics (which is just about all I read).

I thought it was one of the biggest hatchet jobs I ever read. The writer (i.e. hack) took huge liberties with old relationships, and he changed characters personalities to fit his story, instead of taking the time to make a story that fit the characters established identities.

Civil War transformed the Marvel U from a place I liked to escape to, into a place I wanted to escape from. And that's exactly what I did. I went from reading 20 or so Marvel Comics a month down to about 4 or 5.

It's funny how different people see things differently. Civil War is why I basically QUIT reading most Marvel comics (which is just about all I read).

I thought it was one of the biggest hatchet jobs I ever read. The writer (i.e. hack) took huge liberties with old relationships, and he changed characters personalities to fit his story, instead of taking the time to make a story that fit the characters established identities.

I must admit that it is a "hatchet job" and it screwed everything up, but i kept reading it to see how bad everything is gonna be in the end.

1. I hate tony starks for being a factor of cap's shooting.

2. black goliath, r.i.p.

3. bishop is a basterd.

etc.

the only thing that was good in civil war was when they killed off that useless spiderman villain, pumpkin head or whatever his name is.

Now, i'm still reading it (Invasion arch) to see how bad the current writers are making it harder for the new writers to fix everything up. just like the spiderman clone-saga, that was total crap, but i read it cause it was intresting to see how f-ed up everythings gonna be. then the next writer had to fix everything up. by the way, marvel zombies it total horsesh*t.

I read First-class now, cause invasion got boring. Oh yeah, back to the topic of this thread, first-class should help you know your ML characters more as well, if you cant find the old issues.

i didn't really enjoy the iron man movie like i should've cause civil war messed up how i felt about tony starks.

Ninjak's post made me feel sane. Civil War had nearly an identical effect on me. I can't really comment on SI because I'm still off Marvel Comics.

Between Civil War comparing people having to register before practicing free-lance law-enforcement with WWII era Japanese internment camps, and "Spider-Man: One More Day"... yeah, I tapped out.